All Your Spots Under One Umbrella

While in traffic behind a burnt orange C6, saw a black '64-67 Corvette coupe go by in the opposite direction, while passing a Le Mans blue '68-69 Corvette coupe w/ luggage rack parked in a driveway.

At the airport tonight I saw a very clean, all original looking silver '79 Ford Bronco.

A Peterbilt car carrier body with about 5 modern cars and on the very back a restored '59 El Camino with modern rims & tires in black with a red chrome stripe insert color. It passed me in the other direction (NB) on Route 1 outside of Princeton Friday evening on the way home from work.

I kid you not - a late model BMW 3-series PICKUP TRUCK, in non-metallic orange. Upper bed contours of a Chevy Colorado, including tailgate and taillights. Looked very well done.

Stopped by a local Ford dealer. 3 new Foci, a Blue Candy SE hatch, white SE sedan, and a Kona Blue S sedan... which, incidentally, was not locked, so I took a seat. Honestly? I am kind of meh... the interior is certainly no nicer than the Fiesta, in fact, I like mine better than the bigger, more expensive car... the door trim panel, for example, has a top section that you can grab and pry away from the lower section with your hand if you so desire... and it only had TWO power window switches on a 4-door sedan... are the rear windows manually controlled? This is like a Dodge Neon all over again... CHINTZY. The S was over $18k, the SE sedan had one option, the automatic, and it was over $19k... the hatch was $21k, and it had cheap looking wheel covers, for crying out loud. I also like the cleaner front end and taillights on the Fiesta.

I kid you not - a late model BMW 3-series PICKUP TRUCK, in non-metallic orange. Upper bed contours of a Chevy Colorado, including tailgate and taillights. Looked very well done.

Stopped by a local Ford dealer. 3 new Foci, a Blue Candy SE hatch, white SE sedan, and a Kona Blue S sedan... which, incidentally, was not locked, so I took a seat. Honestly? I am kind of meh... the interior is certainly no nicer than the Fiesta, in fact, I like mine better than the bigger, more expensive car... the door trim panel, for example, has a top section that you can grab and pry away from the lower section with your hand if you so desire... and it only had TWO power window switches on a 4-door sedan... are the rear windows manually controlled? This is like a Dodge Neon all over again... CHINTZY. The S was over $18k, the SE sedan had one option, the automatic, and it was over $19k... the hatch was $21k, and it had cheap looking wheel covers, for crying out loud. I also like the cleaner front end and taillights on the Fiesta.

Yes, you have it right...front power windows and rear manual. Identical to how the old Neon was offered...Ford...seriously...

focus1.jpg

focus2.jpg

focus3.jpg

focus4.jpg

focus5.jpg

I can concur on this point as well...

Quality-wise Cruze > Focus

Lots of new Nissan NV vans in both regular and hightop, and all colors. The Nissan dealer near work has gotten a ton in.

Today another red CTS coupe, followed by a black one.

Friday night, a new dark blue '11 Durango side by side a new black '11 Durango on the highway near home, each from a different state. With the standard smaller wheels...they're very minivan-y. The back hatch & lights could be a bit burlier, IMHO.

Saw a lot of interesting cars in Long Beach this weekend..at the parking for the Toyota GP of Long Beach race today, I saw 3 CTS-vs parked together--gray 4dr, silver 2dr, dk gray wagon. Saw a row of 1/2 dozen red Ferraris in the lot, ranging from '90s models to a 458 Italia..saw a sharp bright red w/ white stripes '67 Camaro SS.

Yesterday leaving the airport in my strange little rental car (somehow ended up w/ a Mazda5) saw a dark '11 Mustang GT playing w/ a dark gray '10/11 Camaro SS on the 405 freeway entrance ramp..the exhaust notes of both were incredible..

Just spotted a real oddball - a Citation X-S. Not an X-11, an X-S. Same weird coupe/hatchback bodystyle, factory fade stripes at the door bottoms, white with a dark accent color down low, a factory cowl-style hood. Can't say I've ever seen one before.

It was also the roughest car I've seen on the road in at least a decade.

Yesterday, I parked next to this:

IMG_20110420_102641.jpg

I think both Kirk and Picard would not approve of the front license plate being used on a vehicle like a Smart car :P

Today, walking into work this was parked outside of the side entrance:

IMG_20110421_101332.jpg

There are at least three of these owned by executives at the pharma company I work for. There's one stealth gray metallic (or whatever Caddy calls it, that's GMC/Pontiac's name) and two of these dark red ones. If I'm not mistaken, there's a fourth one in silver. Love those 22" rims!

For a moment there I dreamt that I won the latest OnStar contest and GM delivered my new truck to work for me :lol:

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Saw several early Mustangs over the last 24 hours, appropriate for this time of year since last Sunday was the 17th.

A sharp bright red w/ black vinyl top '65 GT coupe w/ the factory option 5 spoke mags

A bright red '66 coupe w/ black door on the back of a rollback truck

A bright red w/ white interior '65 convertible, top down in traffic this morning

A dark red '67 coupe

A black w/ silver stripes '67 coupe on the back of a 6 car carhauler last night

Also saw a white '11 300C at the airport last night, first I've seen..looking sharp.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Was at "my" Ford dealer yesterday morning, they have 5 new Foci. One was an SE Sport sedan in Red Candy with the 17" black rims, looked good. Another one caught my eye, though, a Kona Blue SE Sport hatch with 5 speed manual and the silver 16" rims. Optioned up to $21+k though, with sunroof, winter pkg and one of the spec packages. Best combo I've seen on these, so far, but the price, whew, I haven't been shocked by a sticker like this since the J-cars stormed onto the scene in 1980.

Yup, I think IIRC the X-cars came out in Spring 1979 (1980 model year) and the Js came out in Spring, 1980 ('81 model year). Of course, just like on my face, there could be fuzz growing in my memory.

EDIT: yup, I was thinking it was Citation in Spring '79, Cavalier in Spring '80 and Celebrity in Fall, '81... but the J-car did come out in the Spring of '81 as an '82 model year car. Fuzz indeed.

Edited by ocnblu

Leaving work late on Tuesday, in the dark and drizzle, a new Inferno Orange '11 Camaro LT RS convertible pulling out of a place not far from where I work, behind me. Hot car.

The next day, a new red crystal '11 Camaro SS RS convertible, looked just freshly delivered, at a red light. Stood out because it had a few extra chrome bits added, door handle covers I think and something else on the side...

I was downtown paying some bills this afternoon. On the block where I parked, among a few nondescript midsizers, there were:

S-Class

CLK AMG

3 Series x2

5 Series x2

previous SRX

... and a Jetta Turbodiesel. First-gen. Very first-gen.

New stretch Hummer H2 limo, with high top conversion...down the street at Ali Baba limos. They have the craziest collection, Ferrari included.

From their site:

H2_StretchLimo_2.jpg

H2_StretchLimo_1.jpg

H2_StretchLimo_10.jpg

Drove past for the first time this morning, this one out front and :blink:

New stretch Hummer H2 limo, with high top conversion...down the street at Ali Baba limos. They have the craziest collection, Ferrari included.

From their site:

H2_StretchLimo_2.jpg

Thats it! Thats the crazy limo I spotted in Atlantic City about 3 months ago. That thing is HUGE... but not illegally long. Atlantic City has taken to having illegally long limos impounded. That must suck for your sweet 16.

Thats it! Thats the crazy limo I spotted in Atlantic City about 3 months ago. That thing is HUGE... but not illegally long. Atlantic City has taken to having illegally long limos impounded. That must suck for your sweet 16.

This place is right down the street from me, and their collection epitomizes crazy.

Took a customer's CR-V to the local Honda dealer for an emissions control system failure, while I was waiting to be picked up, it became apparent I was looking at a 2012 Civic sedan, parked next to a 2011. It is official: Honda's photographers are as clueless about taking flattering photos of their own products as GM's. The car is a safe redesign that doesn't look that bad in person. It has a visibly higher beltline and a bit more definition through the body shell, especially at the tail end. It also does not appear to have a 4X4 ride height, as the photos suggest, but a traditional, low attitude.

The interior, though, looks a bit cheap, as does the outgoing car. The dash has an insane texture to it, as if 1 million tiny chihuahuas saw a squirrel crossing the road and scratched the crap out of it. Those little guys can do some damage.

Still, overall, I think it will continue to serve Honda lovers well, even if it doesn't expand its territory. It doesn't appear to be a car for conquest sales.

Roman Red '66 El Camino in sweet shape. Chevy van of mid-60's vintage, bright blue below the belt, pearl white above. Sharp. '54 Chevy 2-door, in weathered dark green with a light yellow roof... and a license plate from Washington State!

Just when I thought stuff like Ironhide and the IH CXT were crazy... I got behind a F650-based 6 door crew-cab pickup truck the other day. Didn't get a photo, but found a bunch of them at f650pickups.com.

Considering that to my knowledge F650s start at a 28K GVWR, you would need a CDL for one of these $145,000 pickups.

LOL.

Just when I thought stuff like Ironhide and the IH CXT were crazy... I got behind a F650-based 6 door crew-cab pickup truck the other day. Didn't get a photo, but found a bunch of them at f650pickups.com.

Considering that to my knowledge F650s start at a 28K GVWR, you would need a CDL for one of these $145,000 pickups.

LOL.

Outrageous..those look like they would be the ideal commuter vehicles for dfelt. I like the ones w/ the Expedition body. I recall seeing a Chevy Kodak one years ago w/ a Suburban body..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Outrageous..those look like they would be the ideal commuter vehicles for dfelt.

I'm wondering how short one of these could be made...for something of the same reason. I really like the flat black one. Very sinister.

Edited by SAmadei