Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Random Thoughts Thread

I did a 110 km bike ride today. Epic saddle sores. But still; even though. Feels like no positive progress going on at all for the last 6-7 months. Everything is in a state of transience. The victories are short and fleeting. The losses are mounting and mounting and mounting.

tumblr_lpd2hkkZOK1qmp3s8o1_400.gif

Ahh, laughter like this is why this place feels like home!

• Agree 2

I put a ring on it last night.

Conrats!

Thanks! I've had the ring for 2 months and she kept screwing up my plans to propose, obviously she was blissfully unaware. We live together so it made everything much more difficult.

Awesome, congrats, I have 25yrs now and still going strong. Wish you all the best.

• Agree 3

..Another Z06 is down..

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/07/10/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-test-drive/

"There’s no doubt it’s a world-class machine at speed – and at coming down from it. Some high-performance cars can be squirrely when you stomp on the brakes at triple-digit speeds, but the Z06 stays straight as an arrow, even in mixed conditions. Only in the tightest hairpins does it object to your commands in the slightest, eventually bringing its rear end around and then catching it if you don’t. Despite the massive amount of power on tap, it’s easy to find your confidence in this car, and learn a few things along the way.

That is, until you reach the end of the road. After a few lapping sessions, the engine in mine unceremoniously called it quits. There was oil, some bits and pieces, unpleasant noises. It was not pretty. The cause? Yet to be determined."

Congrats!

What's it look like..?!?

I'll post a picture after work. It's got as much diamond as I personally find tasteful. All her female friends and relatives seem to like it.

That's all that matters is that she likes it!

I wish you lived closer, the gf's parents own a jewlery store and could have hooked you up.

Conrats!

Thanks! I've had the ring for 2 months and she kept screwing up my plans to propose, obviously she was blissfully unaware. We live together so it made everything much more difficult.

Awesome, congrats, I have 25yrs now and still going strong. Wish you all the best.

I used up all my up-votes for the day so I'll up-vote all you folk tomorrow.

CONGRATS CP!!!

Its great news!!!

But after living with her...

4af889dd423fd02dc31745b689b11c2f.jpg

Silver anniversary DFELT?

That is AWESOME!!!

25-anniversary.jpg

Im at 12 years on the 7th of June...half of what you've got.

I guess that is a bronze medal for me?

And like you....going on strong!

• Agree 1

I just had a thread closed on another forum because I was asking concealed and carry questions.. I literally was just asking if anybody had anything mounted in their car(Ford Escape forum). If they had and suggestions or locations that they liked best. And before k said any of that I stated that I al looking to get into a class for my license within the next few months. All depending on scheduling. So I made it clear that it would be done legally.. Kind of annoyed.

Speaking of which..Drew, could I start a concealed carry thread..? (About it in general and/or about vehicular mounting)

Yes, that's fine as long as it doesn't get political.

R.I.P. Robin Colcord

cheers604.jpg?w=547&h=365

Thanx for the laughs.

CHEERS!

:cheers:

He was one of my favorite characters on West Wing.

Congrats

I'm having a bit of a rought time lately and haven't been on much.  Thank you all for behaving yourselves.

I just had a thread closed on another forum because I was asking concealed and carry questions.. I literally was just asking if anybody had anything mounted in their car(Ford Escape forum). If they had and suggestions or locations that they liked best. And before k said any of that I stated that I al looking to get into a class for my license within the next few months. All depending on scheduling. So I made it clear that it would be done legally.. Kind of annoyed.

Speaking of which..Drew, could I start a concealed carry thread..? (About it in general and/or about vehicular mounting)

Yes, that's fine as long as it doesn't get political.

Awesome! Thanks!

Thanks guys! Glad to hear there are still some happy marriages out there.

Pics:

Engagement_Ring_2.jpg

Looks good, sir! I really like that band on it. Do the diamonds follow it all the way around or do they stop once past the finger? Now the real question.. Did you pick it out all on your own???

Looks good, sir! I really like that band on it. Do the diamonds follow it all the way around or do they stop once past the finger? Now the real question.. Did you pick it out all on your own???

The diamonds stop on the underside, they have to be able to resize the ring afterall! I picked it out. We looked at rings together a few times so I knew what she liked, but I told her I liked other ones so she wasn't expecting this style. She can't stop looking at it, haha.

Thanks guys! Glad to hear there are still some happy marriages out there.

Pics:

Engagement_Ring_1.jpg

Engagement_Ring_2.jpg

I finally got clear to upvote.

Nice ring.

And as far as I could tell, nice lady fingers too.

Very feminine.

Not like Seinfeld's lady friend "man hands"...

giphy.gif

• Agree 2

The diamonds stop on the underside, they have to be able to resize the ring afterall! I picked it out. We looked at rings together a few times so I knew what she liked, but I told her I liked other ones so she wasn't expecting this style. She can't stop looking at it, haha.

Nice Nice! ..it all depends how much work you want the jewler to do.. anything can be resized!  I think it's a good idea for them to not go all the way around though. Makes for less worry on her part that she may ruine or damage the underside doing everyday things.

Good job picking it out! I really like that band. That's awesome that she loves it! :thumbsup:

• Agree 1

If I make a thread about racing our personal cars, track or street, will people participate or does everyone have a puckered butthole about posting their questionably legal driving stories? Ex. two days ago I walked a dummy in a late 90s Mustang GT convertible, and shamed him so bad he ran the next redlight and sped off.

If I make a thread about racing our personal cars, track or street, will people participate or does everyone have a puckered butthole about posting their questionably legal driving stories? Ex. two days ago I walked a dummy in a late 90s Mustang GT convertible, and shamed him so bad he ran the next redlight and sped off.

The most powerful car in my 3-car stable currently is my 2004 Honda CR-V.  I probably won't have much to contribute.

Very cool, I can say that I have had my SS north of triple digits many times and I believe the Highway top speed is a joke. I see a purpose for speed limits in residential and city streets but on the highway I think it should be wide open to get from Point A to B ASAP.

• Agree 1

The most powerful car in my 3-car stable currently is my 2004 Honda CR-V.  I probably won't have much to contribute.

The last Saturday of November 2013, I was driving 80 MPH in a 43 MPH zone.  Driving fast for the sake of driving fast and stretching my 2012 Acura TL's legs....right after a young punk peeved me off, rushing to get my momma back home from a wedding we went to....anyhoo...I went through a speed trap and the result...10 demerit points and 917 Canadian Dollars. Those 10 demerit points are in my file for 10 years...OK...8.5 years now. That $1000 hurt my wallet as it was a crappy XMAS for gifts...albeit my wife got a brand new car 2-3 weeks later...

In Quebec....15 points are what you could lose....I got 5 left....a stop sign is 3 points...talking on a cell phone is 4 or 5 points and speeding....well...it goes up exponentially...I dont have ANY points to spare for speeding and less for racing...at least I could still blow by a stop and still be able to drive...

Besides...with the amount of speeding tickets I have amounted in my 25 years of driving since I was 17 years old...I think I paid my fair share of cop's salaries and road work on Montreal streets and Quebec highways...

In fact....I NEVER had all my demerit points ever since I got my driver's license.

3 months after I got my license....my first speeding ticket was earned...

I finally got all my points back 3-4 years ago...only to get another speeding ticket 2-4 months after I finally collected my points back. And now with this one...10 years in the system....excessive speed is 10 years as opposed to the standard 2 years....

Ive lost my driver's license once in 1995 due to not enough demerit points to lose...because 15 for me is not enough...and twice Ive went down to 1 demerit point left...

So...I dont think Id be contributing to your thread either...

Very cool, I can say that I have had my SS north of triple digits many times and I believe the Highway top speed is a joke. I see a purpose for speed limits in residential and city streets but on the highway I think it should be wide open to get from Point A to B ASAP.

1. The North American highway system...sucks for high speeds...no embankments on curves to ease turning when high speeds are made, too many cracks  and potholes on our highways...the last part is more for Quebec than anything else, etc...and our concrete that our road surfaces are covered in is not of the kind that favors high speed stresses...major and very expensive re-surfacing is needed on quite possibly 100% of our entire highway system...imagine what kind of traffic jams that will cause just to get the concrete up to spec...

2. Even if American and the rest of Canada do a better job than Quebec highways for entrance and exits...our highway system does not favor high speeds when people want to merge and exit...

3. Many American States and Canadian Provinces dont have the budget in place to make the necessary IMPECCABLE maintenance required for high speed limits.

4. Our highway system is ALWAYS clogged with traffic congestion negating the need for speed limits anyway....the problem is that we are not moving at all...

5. Our highway system lacks the technology to let emergency vehicles through in case of an accident...the same technology is lacking to re-configure traffic lanes on the fly when necessary to ease up on traffic or to let emergency vehicles through or to change traffic flow to avoid bottle necks when a change in traffic pattern occurs...all this is necessary for a highway system that has no limit or high speed limits...

6. DRIVER'S ED REALLY SUCKS in NORTH AMERICA...

The majority of our population DOES NOT KNOW how to handle a car properly in 30 MPH driving conditions let alone in 130 MPH conditions.

Edited by oldshurst442

Drinking a cold one and preparing for another day of attacking the enemy. Never surrender! Never compromise! Continue the fight!! Rahrahrah!!!

Trying to to think like a tactician. 

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

PS: Its cool that I have the Spitfire and Mustang as a signature...It goes well with this post...I think Ill keep that pic a tad longer...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

In WWII, the military separated brothers as a matter of course after the 5 Sullivan siblings all perished when their ship was sunk by a Japanese torpedo.

My wife's father and 4 of his siblings all served in WWII. A 6th tried to join but was denied because 5 were already in..., or it was the fact he was married & had a child by '43.

A few weeks ago my town did an honorary street naming recognizing their contribution. A nice factor- it was put up right down the street from the family homestead where they grew up (which is also right next door to my house). Regretfully, all these duty bound men have passed and did not get to see the unveiling, tho there was a teeming crowd of children, grandchildren and other family members present, as the 5 brothers had 4 more siblings. It was a very nice gesture.

RIP, and eternal thanks to the Miller Boys ~

JRM : 1915-1999

BJM : 1916-1970

LSM : 1920-1996

IBM : 1921-2001

TTM : 1923-2014

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 1

So I've had a couple beers in me, eaten to satisfy my tummy; and now I think I am in bliss for a fleeting moment. The good things are always so simple, aren't they?

My day was the opposite. Decent day at work, came home to my Amazon box with a 3-pack of Techron Plus injector cleaner sitting on the stoop. Only after setting it on my dining room table did I realize one of the bottles was leaking and left a trail of techron all the way through my house, culminating on the spot where I EAT. Took me an hour to clean up before I could even begin cooking. Finally ate at 9:45 pm with a grumpy face.

Still a better day than the disappointment of Prime Day. Better deals than Black Friday my ass!