Random Thoughts Thread

I remember playing Gran Turismo. I remember my race wheel. I have no idea why or when I stopped.

Gee. I feel kinda sad now. Next cycle off I might have to dust off the PlayStation.

I think the last Gran Turismo game I played was GT3 on the PS2. 

So it has been quite awhile... I need to get back on that.

I understand the concept of Private Messaging for certain topics too sensitive for the forums. But really, if you want to tell me something I don't give a rat's round behind about, saying it privately won't make me give a rat's round behind anymore than saying it publicly. Especially if said message comes off, as it so often does, like a whiny junior high kid.

Plus ca change... :(

I have 4 down rated posts....all done by the same junior high kid... :chevy:

The first 3 I understand why...because I expressed negativity of his possibly presence @ Cheers and Gears...the last one...well...maybe its because he felt like a dweeb when an unrelated poster in an unrelated post had my sentiments about the same point of view of an argument I had with this junior high kid over at another automotive  forum  :forum:  about 2-3 months ago....

And low and behold...somebody up voted that post to make it neutral. :booyah:

Cheers to the Gear head that up voted that post. :CG_all:

:cheers:

And you know what...I KNEW that the junior high kid would down vote it!!!!

:roflmao:

So predictable and childish this man-child is...

Thank the Lord for that ignore button... :ohyeah:

When people quote his useless posts :puke:    ...they are there for me to see... :(  

I just glaze right by :truck:  so I dont have to be subjected to that kind of torture. :cheering:

I achieved another goal with this post :gitfunky: I got to use some more emoticons. :pbjtime: I vowed that I will use all of them one way or other. :bowl:

That would be 3 more... :jump:

Make that 4...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2

I understand the concept of Private Messaging for certain topics too sensitive for the forums. But really, if you want to tell me something I don't give a rat's round behind about, saying it privately won't make me give a rat's round behind anymore than saying it publicly. Especially if said message comes off, as it so often does, like a whiny junior high kid.

Plus ca change... :(

I have 4 down rated posts....all done by the same junior high kid... :chevy:

The first 3 I understand why...because I expressed negativity of his possibly presence @ Cheers and Gears...the last one...well...maybe its because he felt like a dweeb when an unrelated poster in an unrelated post had my sentiments about the same point of view of an argument I had with this junior high kid over at another automotive  forum  :forum:  about 2-3 months ago....

And low and behold...somebody up voted that post to make it neutral. :booyah:

Cheers to the Gear head that up voted that post. :CG_all:

:cheers:

And you know what...I KNEW that the junior high kid would down vote it!!!!

:roflmao:

So predictable and childish this man-child is...

Thank the Lord for that ignore button... :ohyeah:

When people quote his useless posts :puke:    ...they are there for me to see... :(  

I just glaze right by :truck:  so I dont have to be subjected to that kind of torture. :cheering:

I achieved another goal with this post :gitfunky: I got to use some more emoticons. :pbjtime: I vowed that I will use all of them one way or other. :bowl:

That would be 3 more... :jump:

Make that 4...

Check yer inbox. That is all :D

Cool, I'll friend you later. I can't remember what mine is. Might just be my real name.

My name is TaurusSHO97.  I tried to update my GT6 after about a six month hiatus and instead of updating, it blew up the game lol.  Hopefully I can find a cheap one somewhere.  

Cool, I'll friend you later. I can't remember what mine is. Might just be my real name.

My name is TaurusSHO97.  I tried to update my GT6 after about a six month hiatus and instead of updating, it blew up the game lol.  Hopefully I can find a cheap one somewhere.  

It blew up your game? WTF does that even mean?

• Agree 1

PS...Wings...I IGNORED YOU first... :hissyfit:

It seems like you went on asking on who down voted you?

CRY baby!!! :hissyfit:

Well...if you hadnt down voted me first...3 times...and then a 4rth...

PSS:

In case you did not know, all your negative votes at C&G forum do nothing other than add up.

They are designed to deal with spammers, and when a significant amount adds up, merely hides the post that got all the votes.  The mods are alerted to your actions and can see every single one of them, and then vote them back up to counter.  How childish btw.

So either knock it off, or I will continue to draw attention to your BS.

Oh, and welcome to my ignore list.

What BS?

I dont bother you...I IGNORE YOU!!!

It seems like the negative posts BOTHER you!!!

Welll...you shoudnt have down voted me first when you joined a forum where everyone from MT wanted to get away from you!!!

Wings....you are a 50 year old man...and you behave WORSE than 5 year old girls!!!

Troll away...the thing is...others down vote you and actually put you into your place...

It seems like you cant stop nagging and playing the victim...

Mr. Drew...in a thread even went as far as quoting you to tell you that people down vote you because your posts are....STUPID!!!

Ignore me?

You cant.

You thrive on trolling...

You thrive on playing the victim...

• Agree 2

Olds: So you read the message I take it :D

Yup...and he PMed at Motor Trend.

What a petulant child this 50 year old man is...

Wings....why dont you just go away???!!!

Yup...you can down vote this if you want to....lets see if you actually did ignore me!!!

I do ignore you....its just that...welll...you down voted me 4 times....3 times because I voiced my opinion that I DID NOT WANT YOU TO BE HERE!!!!

YOU ARE A DISEASE!!!

• Agree 2

Eh, it is what it is. I read some of the recent posting when I checked my PMs over there, especially the ones by some of the mods. Sounds like their hands are tied for permabanning people, which in turn is a guarantee that you will always be a haven for the worst of the worst.

This place, on the other hand, has standards. I must admit, it is a refreshing change.

• Agree 1

It would be badass if we could all race together some time.

That'd rock. My PSN user name is the same as my screen name here if you wanted to add me, same for you 'Bong if you do decide to hook up the PS3.

Hey ccap, I picked up a Boss 302 in the game (obviously) last night, but even after a few mods (suspension, flywheel, driveshaft, tires), the thing really feels like a dog. I'm assuming you have one, is there a good way to wake it up? I was trying to use it for the N/A race series because it was right around the performance limit stock, and it utterly failed to produce for me. This is the car that ran neck and neck with an M3 in a real life comparison, so I know Gran Turismo shafted it.

On the other hand, I've found the Focus ST to be one of my favorite driver's cars in the game. After driving the sled-like rendition of the Boss, the Focus feels like a f@#king RC car on steroids, in the best possible way. The thing just flies and handles on rails. I utterly destroyed the turbocharged series. I was driving like a total jackass on one technical track I don't think I've driven before and the car just ate up all my mistakes and zipped out of all the turns.

Edited by cp-the-nerd

Random and sad thought: It is so difficult when a pet passes.  We have to say goodbye to our cat Bella this afternoon. She's been my buddy since my partner moved in with her 7 years ago.  Always at the door to greet me when I come home and always waiting for me to wake up in the morning.

I feel more deeply about this than I have some relations that have passed.   I think in part because I had an idea it was coming for them and also it is tough because I have to make the decision to end her suffering. This just came on so suddenly. 

That'd rock. My PSN user name is the same as my screen name here if you wanted to add me, same for you 'Bong if you do decide to hook up the PS3.

Hey ccap, I picked up a Boss 302 in the game (obviously) last night, but even after a few mods (suspension, flywheel, driveshaft, tires), the thing really feels like a dog. I'm assuming you have one, is there a good way to wake it up? I was trying to use it for the N/A race series because it was right around the performance limit stock, and it utterly failed to produce for me. This is the car that ran neck and neck with an M3 in a real life comparison, so I know Gran Turismo shafted it.

On the other hand, I've found the Focus ST to be one of my favorite driver's cars in the game. After driving the sled-like rendition of the Boss, the Focus feels like a f@#king RC car on steroids, in the best possible way. The thing just flies and handles on rails. I utterly destroyed the turbocharged series. I was driving like a total jackass on one technical track I don't think I've driven before and the car just ate up all my mistakes and zipped out of all the turns.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I do have it but I've raced it in the stupid raced waaaay detuned just because I want to use it but it is doggy there. But things like the flywheel and tires on the highest settings with a lower powered car I think can actually hamper it some. If your tires are too sticky it will give the illusion that isn't slower than it is and I think if you look under the "stage 3" flywheel(or whatever) it says something about how it isn't always best.. I'll have to look into it though.

YES! I love the ST. It is definitely my go-to on <500pp races. If I could learn how to tune the differential on cars I think I could be a lot better at setting my cars up.. I think I can do a fairly good job at the suspension settings but I know I don't put enough effort into the diffs.

Have you ever tried to use an internet tune? ie. a tune somebody posted online. It might help you more than me because on GT5 I really wanted a moster C63 but I could never set it up to take a turn, drove like an old school muscle car. So, I googled a few setups(they were all very different..) and tried them. I think the controller made it very difficult to take advantage of the subtle changes a good setup will give you.

Random and sad thought: It is so difficult when a pet passes.  We have to say goodbye to our cat Bella this afternoon. She's been my buddy since my partner moved in with her 7 years ago.  Always at the door to greet me when I come home and always waiting for me to wake up in the morning.

I feel more deeply about this than I have some relations that have passed.   I think in part because I had an idea it was coming for them and also it is tough because I have to make the decision to end her suffering. This just came on so suddenly. 

Awww.. sorry buddy.. pets aren't just "pets" they're true family members and missed as such.

Awww.. sorry buddy.. pets aren't just "pets" they're true family members and missed as such.

I know.  She is such a personality too. In many ways, the typical cat, and in many ways, no cat like her.  She seems to have more personality and moods than some people I know.

Putting down our cat today. A coincidence of the worst kind, it appears.

I'm halfway across the country right now and my dad accidentally made me think that my 16 year-old dog had passed. Now all you guys are talking about your cats! 

I've got a soft spot for pets and that really got to me. 

Honestly, I'm not sure. I do have it but I've raced it in the stupid raced waaaay detuned just because I want to use it but it is doggy there. But things like the flywheel and tires on the highest settings with a lower powered car I think can actually hamper it some. If your tires are too sticky it will give the illusion that isn't slower than it is and I think if you look under the "stage 3" flywheel(or whatever) it says something about how it isn't always best.. I'll have to look into it though.

YES! I love the ST. It is definitely my go-to on <500pp races. If I could learn how to tune the differential on cars I think I could be a lot better at setting my cars up.. I think I can do a fairly good job at the suspension settings but I know I don't put enough effort into the diffs.

Have you ever tried to use an internet tune? ie. a tune somebody posted online. It might help you more than me because on GT5 I really wanted a moster C63 but I could never set it up to take a turn, drove like an old school muscle car. So, I googled a few setups(they were all very different..) and tried them. I think the controller made it very difficult to take advantage of the subtle changes a good setup will give you.

The steering of the Boss just doesn't have the sharpness I've read about, and the motor just doesn't have the high rpm rush of power you expect above 5000 rpm. I'm not trying to make a fanboy comparison here, but I wound up detuning my Camaro SS to win that series, I wasn't about to buy another car. The Boss 302 should be better on the track in every way. Also, I use the twin plate flywheel on my cars to get the best results without compromise. Not sure how much difference it actually makes, though.

My favorite high powered car to drive is the CTS-V coupe. They REALLY made that car shine in this game as far as handling. After some weight reduction, it's unstoppable, basically a poor man's (poor gamer's?) CTS-V.R race car.

Yeah, I know that feeling all to well. Had to put my dog down a couple months ago and was feeling the same way. You don't understand fully how much of a connection you have with a pet till their gone.

Things that annoy me #237: Creating a .zip file and including .zip files in that.

Yo Dawg, I hear you like .zip files, so we put .zip files in your .zip files.

Oh man, sorry to hear about your situation, Drew.

It's always a sad moment when a family pet passes and when they've been with you for so long it's like a member of the family has gone.

Sorry for your loss.

Random thought; when the hell are my parts going to arrive?

^ For being a little guy, That thing looks tough!

Too bad if something like that actually got produced they'd probably make the brakes too large to put a reasonable sized wheel on to therefore put a nice knobby tire like pictured. That is the situation the Escape owners are in(the forum i'm on). They want ^ look but you can't get a smaller wheel than a 17 to fit over the caliper so the "tallest" tire that can fit is a 235/55R17(I believe).

Too bad if something like that actually got produced they'd probably make the brakes too large to put a reasonable sized wheel on to therefore put a nice knobby tire like pictured. That is the situation the Escape owners are in(the forum i'm on). They want ^ look but you can't get a smaller wheel than a 17 to fit over the caliper so the "tallest" tire that can fit is a 235/55R17(I believe).

You're kidding... They can't fit a 255/65R17? Does it rub or something?

On the current generation of Escape? Not a chance. Somebody has some 255/55r17s I think and they rub at full lock. I'll try and find the pic he posted of it.

On the current generation of Escape? Not a chance. Somebody has some 255/55r17s I think and they rub at full lock. I'll try and find the pic he posted of it.

Okay it was 255/50r18 not 255/55r17s

post-13318-0-75534500-1435386415_thumb.j

post-13318-0-89123100-1435386424_thumb.j

Everybody says "don't just sit on the commode, get up on it and squat, that is the natural human position for a full and complete poop experience."  But every time I do, I feel like Mowgli, like I was found by scientists after being raised by a ragtag group of orangutans.  Plus I feel like I'm going to fall off, hit my head, knock myself out and have a photo posted on Facebook of me laying next to a turd, mooning the crowd.  Cannot handle it.

• Agree 1

CTS wagon prices are starting to drop below $20,000.  That would certainly be a tempting option, but I'd imagine insurance would be too high.

CTS wagon prices are starting to drop below $20,000.  That would certainly be a tempting option, but I'd imagine insurance would be too high.

I've been really wanting one of those lately. Last time I checked, there were only two in my area and not what I'd want. One was molested with a flashy chrome grille. Bleh.