Random Thoughts Thread

Olds is from Montreal. He knows what Crappy Tire is *L*

Funny story: out west it's only easterners who call it Crappy Tire. Many of the locals out here are farmers descended from folks who were getting away from the czar back in the day... so out here they call it Ukranian Tire. No joke.

uploads_b945777a-0989-4c4a-b969-c3bb2939

These were covered this morning on MSN food section as some of the best Mac n Cheese recipes. They all look YUMMY! J

So this is called Crack Mac

White Chocolate Mac n Cheese. Looks and sounds yummy watch the video and get the recipe here:

http://www.popsugar.com/food/White-Chocolate-Macaroni-Cheese-Recipe-35314807

Creamy Bacon Mac n Cheese

http://julieblanner.com/bacon-macaroni-cheese/

Pea and Bacon Mac n Cheese

http://damndelicious.net/2014/07/21/bacon-pea-macaroni-cheese

Gouda Mac n Cheese with Prosciutto n Peaches

http://mynameisyeh.com/mynameisyeh/2015/7/gouda-yogurt-mac-and-cheese-with-caramelized-onions-peaches-and-prosciutto

Sounds like I need to do a Mac n Cheese night. J

mmmm, Bacon Mac and cheese!

Dealer got their first Ram Runner in.  pictures do NOT do this beast justice!  I think I am in love!   Didn't realize all the badges and emblems were blacked out.  And yes, even he grill and the huge RAM on the tailgate looks great!  The big letters and the design on he tailgate really make me think of classic trucks.

I still love it lol, but part of that is me think about running the sucker off-road.  Ultimate choice of vehicle would be a 12+ JKU Rubicon.  I can't think anything even remotely close the Jeep's off road ability in the price range plus it isn't freaking huge so I can get into those tight spots.

I filled up today at a shell on my way home today. Look at this spread in prices from regular to premium. I've never seen a .30 from grade to grade.

Also, I always reset my mpg and trip for every tank of gas and I drove home(almost all 2 lane 55mph roads with only 2 stops and achieved this. Never saw a number that high. I realize it is a very very tiny sample size and as you can see I wasn't in a rush and only set my cruise at 52mph.

post-13318-0-54515300-1438482044_thumb.j

post-13318-0-62920000-1438482175_thumb.j

I should say the car is a little on the light side. [but] I am not one who subscribes to the theory that the [brand] is too light. I am one who believes that still lighter automobiles are going to be manufactured in this country. I believe we are still carrying around useless weight in modern automobiles.

~ Floyd Clymer, independent automobile tester, 1948 Studebaker Champion coupe. 2690 lbs.

Edited by balthazar

Had to have my cat put to sleep this afternoon.  Heart disease, according to the vet.  Buried her in the back yard.  Her toys were all over the house, and I'm sure I'll find more as time passes.  She was very loving, gentle, and well-behaved.

Had to have my cat put to sleep this afternoon.  Heart disease, according to the vet.  Buried her in the back yard.  Her toys were all over the house, and I'm sure I'll find more as time passes.  She was very loving, gentle, and well-behaved.

Sorry to hear that, I know it hurts to loose a loved one and I have lost many a dog over the years. Sending my heartfelt wishes in this time of loss.  All the best.

I should say the car is a little on the light side. [but] I am not one who subscribes to the theory that the [brand] is too light. I am one who believes that still lighter automobiles are going to be manufactured in this country. I believe we are still carrying around useless weight in modern automobiles.

~ Floyd Clymer, independent automobile tester, 1948 Studebaker Champion coupe. 2690 lbs.

Most of the useless weight is typically sitting in the driver's seat.

20150802_203107_zpsajtaycyf.jpg

Whose Audi is that? What powertrain is in it? Great pic!

I think that's his brother's Audi and I think it has the 2.0t. Pretty car. And Stew's Dakota looks nice and cleaned it itself! Nice pic Stew!

Correct on all accounts :)   One of the rare times the Dak isn't coated in mud haha. 

Yes indeed. That was just the first run of the day and I was still taking it easy. Right now I'm uploading run two and making run three. I just wish I still had the footage from the day before, those were the great runs. There were a lot less people and we practically had the whole Dragon to ourselves. 

If I ever go that way, without a doubt. When I had my bikes I always wanted to go, then my mustangs.. I should have just said "fk it" and road tripped there on my own. It is about an eight and a half hour trip though..

I drove seven to get there. The SN-95 in front of me in the first video actually drove from Illinois to meet up with us. The closest guy there still lived three hours away. 

8 wouldn't be bad at all if I had somebody with me. I actually don't know which I'd rather drive through there if I had to choose one of my vehicles(past). my Daytona 675 or Mach 1. Bikes are just a rush but I think I'd be more comfortable in a car. What were you driving??? Also, I assume with that many turns in such a short distance its like a stay in 2nd gear the whole time type of area?

I just realized how much I miss those huge Cadillac cars of the past.

I LOVE me some  huge Cadillac cars. I WANT ME SOME huge Cadillac Cars...REAL Cadillac cars...No...not the Escalade...Not the ATS-V...

Im anxiously awaiting for the CT6... and Im banging my head with impatience for the arrival of Cadillac cars CT8 and CT9...

Edited by oldshurst442

8 wouldn't be bad at all if I had somebody with me. I actually don't know which I'd rather drive through there if I had to choose one of my vehicles(past). my Daytona 675 or Mach 1. Bikes are just a rush but I think I'd be more comfortable in a car. What were you driving??? Also, I assume with that many turns in such a short distance its like a stay in 2nd gear the whole time type of area?

I took the Volvo.

My Mustang buds (they're actually from the M/T forums) just stayed in second the whole time. I was in second in the tight corners but for the most part stayed in third and let the T5's awesome torque curve do its thing. Don't let the video fool you, we were hauling ass around most of those corners. The wide angle lens makes it look like we were crawling.