Random Thoughts Thread

14 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I don't get it..

At that point in time...I had 1492 love points. (Not that I look at those, but I like to observe numbers...and when I do, I see and relate to them in different ways...

In 1492, Columbus sailed the Ocean Blue. 

A little ditty that helped us remember in history class what year Christopher sailed and discovered...America. 

Edited by oldshurst442

And because I mentioned the words "a little ditty".

I would now like to recite to you a little ditty about Jack and Diane. 

Jack and Diane were two American kids growing up in the heart land.  Jack was to be a football star while Diane lost her virginity in the backseat of Jack's car. Just to say...that life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone.  We might as well hold on to sixteen as long as we can, we are only young once you know, never regret a thing you do, repent and marry the girl you love, even if you had pre-marital sex countless of times with her. Treat her right. Life goes on. Yup...Jack and Diane, doing the best they can!

Now...Im gonna sing it you. Well. Not me. A nice American boy by the name of John, THE cougar, Mellencamp will.

I forgot...you now must throw a little rock. You got to let it roll!  Rock on! 

Edited by oldshurst442

37 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Just to say...that life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone.   

Maybe one of my favorite lines ever in a song...that resonates so much with me as I get older.  Another line by Mellencamp I also like is  'little pink houses for you and me'---a variation of that was my mantra in my house hunting in 2016, but it was 'little brick suburban houses for you and me'....

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

• Was in another $1.4M home today- no street-view pic; it's buried behind trees.
Got a few weeks of work coming up in there.

I'd like to slow down tho : M,-T, Th-F would be nice. Other than the house addition I did a few years ago, I've never had this much work stacked in my Inbox before. Finding it stressful.
- - - - -

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.42.59 PM.png

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Best Pothole of 2018 Award goes to Pittsburgh!

route-30-collapses-in-east-pittsburgh-will-be-closed-for-months-dozens-displaced-after-landslide-damages-apartments.jpg

This happened about a mile from my house. I used that highway all the time.

Did the rain and snow cause it to give way?

Do you sing in the shower or elsewhere in your abode?

Do certain places remind you of certain songs?

When in Pensacola, I always think (never fails) of Jimmy Buffett's song "Creola," (great, smooth flowing Jimmy Buffett song obviously about the South) and I might sing it in my hotel room.  Not loud or anything, but sing it nonetheless.  What's weird is when the housekeeper hears you and you know she has.

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

2019 Camaro refresh is out and it looks worse, imo. 

SS front end looks like they were inspired by the 2019 Silverado.. ick.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I'm really wondering where Jeep goes with the next gen Grand Cherokee (and hoping they don't screw it up--no transverse 4cyl).   And what about the rumored Ram based Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer--will that ever happen? 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

And the SS shows the Silverado influence...busy, overwrought plastic cheese...

2019-chevrolet-camarorsandss-009-1.jpg

This just looks so much worse than what they currently have... 

I've already seen a photoshop job where they used body color for the black grille area and it looks much better. 

The bow tie on the bumper instead of the grille looks turrible. 

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

This just looks so much worse than what they currently have... 

I've already seen a photoshop job where they used body color for the black grille area and it looks much better. 

The bow tie on the bumper instead of the grille looks turrible. 

Is that even a photoshop? Is that not the RS?

snwp0ndvsidiwhb0ae8p.png&key=beb79982872

I think the one with the bowtie in the center of the blacked out bumper, while the SS, was attempting (and failed) to go for an homage to the big grille 2nd gen RS front end...instead it looks like a '19 Silverado Trail Boss wannabe...

The red one appears to be a base w/ the 1LE trim?     The blue one is the SS, at least according to the pics I've seen here and on the internet, like these on Motor Trend.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/camaro/2019/2019-chevrolet-camaro-first-look-review/

2 hours ago, ykX said:

I think previous design looks a bit better

1-3.jpg

snwp0ndvsidiwhb0ae8p.png

I will be honest that I do not follow the Camaro or any pony car that close, as such, I thought the two above were the same model year, just different packages. So your saying the one above is the 2017 and the below is the 2018 model?  :huh:

2 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I'm really wondering where Jeep goes with the next gen Grand Cherokee (and hoping they don't screw it up--no transverse 4cyl).   And what about the rumored Ram based Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer--will that ever happen? 

I am highly concerned that Jeep will get screwed up with the Alfa crap platform garbage and that the Wagoneer / Grand Wagoneer will never happen till a new CEO or Owner comes in and realizes the need to clean house and shut down some brands.

After Looking at the Motortrend link, I think the RS looks better than the Roman Soldier helmet look that I HATED on the Chevy Full Size trucks. This is just sucky!

2019-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-03.jpg

40 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I will be honest that I do not follow the Camaro or any pony car that close, as such, I thought the two above were the same model year, just different packages. So your saying the one above is the 2017 and the below is the 2018 model?  :huh:

Yes, but 2018 vs 2019 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

And the SS shows the Silverado influence...busy, overwrought plastic cheese...

2019-chevrolet-camarorsandss-009-1.jpg

I actually kind of like all three of the current Pony cars right up until the point that I don't.  Have lived with the rehashing of a 1960's idea my whole life. Am really really really amazingly astonishingly bone crushingly overwhelmingly ungodly mind bending skull f#$%^&@ ready for something different.

Would take a GTI in the new green (sexy as hell IMHO) Golf R, WRX/STI, or a lot of other cars over this.

That being said....for what it is....I actually really like it.  But a hundred times more ready to have my enthusiasm go a different direction.

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

After Looking at the Motortrend link, I think the RS looks better than the Roman Soldier helmet look that I HATED on the Chevy Full Size trucks. This is just sucky!

2019-Chevrolet-Camaro-SS-03.jpg

I actually kind of like it in a way, but as stated elsewhere, I am ready for something different.

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

I am highly concerned that Jeep will get screwed up with the Alfa crap platform garbage and that the Wagoneer / Grand Wagoneer will never happen till a new CEO or Owner comes in and realizes the need to clean house and shut down some brands.

Given FCA ability to screw things up and persist at Screwing things up, Jeep will be shut down in 2039 given current rate of management.

4 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

I anxiously await being able to look at, and sit in, a 2019 Ford Focus and the next-gen Dodge Charger.

Both cars I have no interest in really even looking at...but I value your opinion so interested in what you think.