Drag Race: Tesla Model S vs Tesla Model X

Cory Wolfe

Tesla Model S vs Tesla Model X - Dragtimes.com 

Husband vs wife, sedan vs crossover, insanely fast vs unimaginably fast; All are accurate ways to describe this comparison of Teslas. The latter of which was quick enough to claim a World Record run for a crossover (or so the article states) of 11.61 seconds at 116 mph. Crazier yet is that it managed to hit 60 mph in only 3.1 seconds. Don't take it from me, though, watch the video below. 

Mind = Blown. 

• Upvote 1

That's just freakin' awesome!  

Is it just me ooooorrrrr as I watch those videos I'm always just waiting to see a shift(vehicle buck up and down) like a "normal" car??? Usually you can visually see the shift points on cars and as I watch these my instincts are waiting for a shift and, obviously, they don't happen. 

These cars are just crazy. It boggles my mind how people(on here) can dislike them so much when they're doing such amazing things.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Now lets see them do 500 miles at Daytona? That is in 3 hours. Then I will be impressed.

Hell even a Volt could be tuned to do much faster times if you wanted it to. These are electric motors nothing new.

I spun the tires on the GM power cell car down the street once too. [Yes I was permitted when I asked to do it}

This is just Torque.

• Upvote 1

Garlits was working to run 200 MPH in a EV rail. I think it got side tracked with his age. He is just not as sharp as he once was at 200 MPH.

They could get the Greek Chris Karamesines as he is still running 320 MPH and he and Don are still friends.

I saw Chis run well over 300 just last summer. He is only in his mid 80's and still sharp.

Devoid of everything that made me grow up loving motor vehicles.  The complete antithesis of what makes motoring great.  Soulless, remote controlled and disconnected.  Ugly on top of everything, parallels, Elon Musk and his insanity, along with his cars, which have a blank face, emotionless.  The anti-car.  Nothing good will come of this.  Mark my words, if not today, but in due time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Devoid of everything that made me grow up loving motor vehicles.  The complete antithesis of what makes motoring great.  Soulless, remote controlled and disconnected.  Ugly on top of everything, parallels, Elon Musk and his insanity, along with his cars, which have a blank face, emotionless.  The anti-car.  Nothing good will come of this.  Mark my words, if not today, but in due time.

Ocn you need to get out and drive an EV, they are not soulless, disconnected remote controlled droids. They can when done right give you all the passion of any other petrol powered auto. Find a Fisker and drive it, you will be amazed at the performance and fun.

Model X. The all-new electric viagara.

Instant flow...er...okay R-rated section.

Agreed, I could Drive his wife too! ;):P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shows great Torque and I love the reduced noise level and lack of fumes. :P Yes traditional drag racing is still cool, but I love what EV will bring to the party.

Instantaneous torque...

What is there NOT to love?

Although I like those V8 gasoline fumes...I miss it...

From time to time, an old school muscle car will drive right in front of me and I take a deeeep breath just to smell those fumes...

But...a BIG but, I cant wait for the day when the internal combustion engine is laid out to pasture.

It may not be in my lifetime...but Im certainly ready to embrace the next generation of the horseless carriage...

Im so ready, that if I ever build myself a muscle car in my retirement...a 1970 Oldsmobile 442, I might just swap the A-Body frame for an electric Tesla platform frame...or hopefully a GM engineered 100% battery platform and slide the 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass body on top of it...

Something like this...

We visit Tesla (in this case) for their Tesla Model S frame with the battery packs...

150994167.jpg

And instead of mating the Model S body unto it...

2012-tesla-model-s_100336618_m.jpg

We order a Dynacorn A-Body Shell from Year One

BP10670V.jpg

And through miracle blacksmith fabrication (it CAN be done...the Hot Rod movement is a testament to what I wanna do...hey...if I could dream a little dream and maybe make it come true, maybe Id be making Hot Rod history in the meantime too...)  I fit the 1970 A-Body on it...then we proceed to make it look like a 442... with all the Tesla software AND hardware...just the skin on the outside will be Oldsmobile 442...

Oldsmobile-442-emblem.jpg

The first 4 could represent Tesla, Oldsmobile, GM and Dynacorn/Year One

The second 4 could represent 4 wheel drive.

The 2 could represent 2 door coupe.

And Voila, I got myself my dream car...but fit for the 21st Century!

Of course I havent researched if both wheelbases fit for this marriage...but you get the idea...

If I cant do it with a 1970 A-Body...perhaps a Mopar 1970s E-Body...a Challenger or a 'Cuda perhaps...something...a mid-sized muscle car from the 1960s or early 1970s...I WILL find one that will fit the Model S frame wheelbase!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey Booyah, you dick!  You are not funny.

I wasnt trying to be funny, BLU...

Thanx for the downvote as well...

Its fun to have someone down vote your dreams...

You know Blu...

That is the great thing about America...and Canada...one could do as he wishes with his money and his dreams and aspirations...

Great video...I like the dialogue the best on this vid.

Gasoline fumes, eh? How about the smell of a car running w/o catalytic converters or the smell of a race car burning that high octane stuff..also without cats?? Now that smell gets me all hot and bothered! 

Me too...me too.

But electric power also gets me hot and bothered...

Im conflicted...

However, Im not fighting the pain in my brain...Ive learned to love both at the same time...

As you know CCAP, Im a muscle car guy through and through...and at the basic level...what does that mean actually?

Gobs and gobs of torque at  low RPMs.

Well, electric power has all of its torque...and its a shyte load...INSTANTANEOUS at ANY RPM...

Its hard for a muscle car guy NOT to love electric sport sedans...for the FEEL of you being pushed to  the back of your seat when your foot presses the accelator pedal...

Yeah.."feel"...we've seen that word before.... :D

My partner's Model S...Oh, what a feeling! TESLA!

(yeah..I stole that line from a  certain Japanese automobile manufacturer)

Gasoline fumes, eh? How about the smell of a car running w/o catalytic converters or the smell of a race car burning that high octane stuff..also without cats?? Now that smell gets me all hot and bothered! 

Me too...me too.

Im conflicted...

However, Im not fighting the pain in my brain...Ive learned to love both at the same time...

As you know CCAP, Im a muscle car guy through and through...and at the basic level...what does that mean actually?

Well, electric power has all of its torque...and its a shyte load...INSTANTANEOUS at ANY RPM...

Its hard for a muscle car guy NOT to love electric sport sedans...for the FEEL of you being pushed to  the back of your seat when your foot presses the accelator pedal...

Do electric cars still have a tachometer? All this low end and instantaneous talk got me thinking..

Funny enough, I loved my 4.6 in my mustang, I can't get enough of the GT350 yeeeettttt my driving style suits electric and the monster push rod engines when it comes to performance cars and small displacement turbos like my current 2.0 where they make a lot of low end tq but don't scream on the top end. I'm not the kind to hoon around on a regular basis so low end tq is where it's at for me. 

I NEED to get a ride in a Model S. I can't imagine what that ride is like. Such a freakin quick car and it's big and...quiet! 

Yes...a Model S has a tach...its digital on the LED screen.

This is where Im conflicted with the GT350...it really is a screamer of a sports car. Jay Leno says its more of a European sports car rather than a muscle car. Meaning, it does not move fast at low RPMs. But when the high revs happen, at higher speeds, the car comes alive.

You MUST drive a Model S...its...different.

No noise yet you accelerate like a rocket ship leaving the earth's atmosphere, with no transmission shift shocks...continual acceleration...and no noise...subtle electric motor whines, but real subtle...

And then suddenly.. a few seconds worth, you must really put an end to it, because by this time, you are waaaaay over the legal speed limit, yet that acceleration, you want more...

Its like a roller coaster ride...the adrenaline you get from that roller coaster ride....those G forces...well, its kinda replicated with the Model S' acceleration...

Edited by oldshurst442

Shows great Torque and I love the reduced noise level and lack of fumes. :P Yes traditional drag racing is still cool, but I love what EV will bring to the party.

Instantaneous torque...

What is there NOT to love?

Although I like those V8 gasoline fumes...I miss it...

From time to time, an old school muscle car will drive right in front of me and I take a deeeep breath just to smell those fumes...

But...a BIG but, I cant wait for the day when the internal combustion engine is laid out to pasture.

It may not be in my lifetime...but Im certainly ready to embrace the next generation of the horseless carriage...

Im so ready, that if I ever build myself a muscle car in my retirement...a 1970 Oldsmobile 442, I might just swap the A-Body frame for an electric Tesla platform frame...or hopefully a GM engineered 100% battery platform and slide the 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass body on top of it...

Something like this...

We visit Tesla (in this case) for their Tesla Model S frame with the battery packs...

150994167.jpg

And instead of mating the Model S body unto it...

2012-tesla-model-s_100336618_m.jpg

We order a Dynacorn A-Body Shell from Year One

BP10670V.jpg

And through miracle blacksmith fabrication (it CAN be done...the Hot Rod movement is a testament to what I wanna do...hey...if I could dream a little dream and maybe make it come true, maybe Id be making Hot Rod history in the meantime too...)  I fit the 1970 A-Body on it...then we proceed to make it look like a 442... with all the Tesla software AND hardware...just the skin on the outside will be Oldsmobile 442...

Oldsmobile-442-emblem.jpg

The first 4 could represent Tesla, Oldsmobile, GM and Dynacorn/Year One

The second 4 could represent 4 wheel drive.

The 2 could represent 2 door coupe.

And Voila, I got myself my dream car...but fit for the 21st Century!

Of course I havent researched if both wheelbases fit for this marriage...but you get the idea...

If I cant do it with a 1970 A-Body...perhaps a Mopar 1970s E-Body...a Challenger or a 'Cuda perhaps...something...a mid-sized muscle car from the 1960s or early 1970s...I WILL find one that will fit the Model S frame wheelbase!

+1, that is what I expect to see over the on coming years is people taking cool 1960's to 1990's auto body's and putting EV powertrains under them.

Me too...me too.

Im conflicted...

Love Torque too! :D

Just think of having your partner, spouse on your lap when you hit the accelerator! Deep fast fun!  ;)

Yes my mind is in the gutter today! :P

Now lets see them do 500 miles at Daytona? That is in 3 hours. Then I will be impressed.

Hell even a Volt could be tuned to do much faster times if you wanted it to. These are electric motors nothing new.

I spun the tires on the GM power cell car down the street once too. [Yes I was permitted when I asked to do it}

This is just Torque.

Nonsense...500 miles at Daytona are custom built race cars.   These are stock street cars.

• Upvote 2

I know it's still 1699 in Amish land, but get over the past...this is the future...

• Upvote 2

This is just Torque.

Nonsense...500 miles at Daytona are custom built race cars.   These are stock street cars.

And...the tech will eventually get there...

ICE has got over 100  years of development under its belt...

• Upvote 1

I know it's still 1699 in Amish land, but get over the past...this is the future...

Is it really now, Moltar?   post-37-0-00036900-1455849960_thumb.jpg

Is it really now, Moltar?   attachicon.gif1911BakerElectric.jpg

The electric cars of today are far beyond the primitives of the ancient past...

That is a 1911 Baker Electric, because, you know, electricity is the latest and greatest way to get around.  The people spoke then, and they are still speaking today.  Fossils, baby.

Going electric is good way to say FU to the oil companies, the Texas sleaze and the OPEC filth...

• Upvote 2

Is it really now, Moltar?   attachicon.gif1911BakerElectric.jpg

The electric cars of today are far beyond the primitives of the ancient past...

They're still stunted compared to ICE vehicles, just as they were then.  They are mere midgets.

This is just Torque.

Oh my God you are turning into one of those Musk Zealots. LOL!

They do race GT cars that are nearly stock there at the 24 hours.

The fact is EV are making progress and do some things very well but they still have other things they need to work on and it will take time and more investment.

Just the way it is.

I would not say good bye to ICE yet and I would not dismiss EV all together. This is going to be a market of many options so enjoy them all.

It is sad in the single seat racers they have to change cars half way to run a full race. When they get to the point they can run a full race with one car then we will call that progress.

I just loved how that one magazine took a Model T and a Tesla and the T just about beat the Tesla to NYC even on back roads. That is a sign of more work to do.

I have nothing against EV cars aspect for some of the wack jobs that like to declare them perfect. That discredits them and hurts the EV movement more than helps. That is like me claiming my Fiero is as good as a Ferrari. The truth is it is best to be honest and not try to make things into what they are not at least to this point.