Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josh

Incase you folks didnt know

Guest Josh

Flybrian has seemingly taken it upon himself to strip me of every thing I've help create on Cheers and Gears, however I still continue to pay for the web-site.

That said,

I sincerely hope you guys have had enough of me. I will continue to post, however I will not be the poster I once was before.

Hope you catch my drift.

It's been a long ride C&G....now, I continue to write the checks....yet...get f@#ked out of everything else!

I admit I do not know the whole story but I don't think it is right that you, Josh, continue to pay for C&G.

Fly did say in another thread that he and the other mods have access to the Paypal account while Josh no longer does, which I assume means C&G will continue to be paid for with donations should Josh choose to not pay server costs himself.

Well, Josh, if you hadn't acted like such a drama queen that you pissed off all the mods, this never would have happened. All of the mods got tired of your BS, and why do you care so much? You quit, what, 434589435983459 times already anyway...

It isn't so much a single thing, but more the result of many things that have culminated over the past couple years...at least that's my understanding of the situation. Honestly I don't know for sure, but this has been coming for a long time, and this news doesn't surprise me one bit.

What I do know is this: it isn't a personal vendetta, but what the mods as well as many of the content contributors think is best for the site.

I got the story from Fly, and that's all I'll say. That said... now there's room for me, right? :lol::D

Edited by blackviper8891

Hey, I might be interested in buying this site, I've been here from the beginning. Does Walt still own it?

Someone give me some details, I'm serious.

Well, Josh, I bid thee a warm farewell on the site. I try to keep civility between myself and most others on the site, but I saw many a time conflicts between people on the site (by "people," I mean yourself, Croc, and others). Most of these conflicts are unhealthy to the site, but many members don't even realize what's happening.

I just wish that you, Croc, and others could resolve the problems that you guys have/had with other members and all could be good. It doesn't take much, just a simple, "What have I done wrong?," or, "I'm sorry for doing [insert action here], but I hope you forgive me because [insert excuse here]," or even, "I wish we could just see each other eye-to-eye because obviously you and I disagree on [insert assertion here], but it's not necessary to argue over something so stupid."

We're all car enthusiasts here, and if we weren't, one probably wouldn't find any of us sitting here on a pro-GM website/forum. So, this is to everybody when I say this, respect is the main ingredient. If one cannot share his/her views on a certain topic without being fair enough to accept, or at least civilly question, someone else's views, they don't belong here. In the end, we all just have to respect each other; this site's about cars anyway, not arguments that could've been resolved over animal crackers and chocolate milk in kindergarten.

I would just like to make it known that I don't have any mod powers at this time, either.

-RBB

Me neither.

Hey, I might be interested in buying this site, I've been here from the beginning. Does Walt still own it?

Someone give me some details, I'm serious.

I like your idea a lot.

Guest Josh

It's not a I piss off Fly deal at all. It's a I put him in charge of running the site while I pay for it to take time off and it went to his head too fast.

I can turn the lights off on the board in a minute, but I'm not a dick. I know you guys like the site, but I'm unhappy with how I've been treated here by Fly when it was myself and other moderators that chose him specifically to head things up for awhile.

I havent had access to anything on the site. Little by little my powers, ability, etc were taken away without warning or justification.

Some people dont know the half of it and I suspect C&G won't be open another 6 months. At least not without significant change.

Josh posted that he wanted to step down from his position at some point, and that there was enough money donated in the PayPal account to pay for the site until June.

Here is what Josh posted in the mod forum:

There sits enough money in the C&G account right now to host the web-site for four months under my watch.

When the money is exhausted I will not be paying for the web-site or supporting it in anyway.

That being said, either yourself or others I feel have a significant amount of time to find hosting and decide who will pick up the tab.

Once I am done hosting the site, I also ask that my name be removed from any C&G contacts page (as it so blantantly has been already) and no reference to me exist as a person in position.

At the time of my departure, any website that should be created will no connections with C&G.

I think that pretty much clears things up...

Josh PM'd Flybrian in March that he will pay for the site through June (based upon the original influx of donations received during the push back in February.)

Afterwards we (the admin team) will be responsible for the costs and hosting... this has been long in the running. Josh's statements are very slanted against the admin staff here.

------------------------------------

You know what... Let's set the record straight.

Josh resigned from running day-to-day Admin responsibilities last year and placed Flybrian in charge. We had another Crash... lost everything... and then Josh took over hosting and paying for the site. Walt continued (and continues to this day) to own the Cheersandgears.com domain. That has not and will not change.

Then Jan 17th comes around. With no provocation, warning or explanation Josh notifies the Admin Team that he's resigning from any and all responsibilities for the site:

I have no desire to play an important part in this website in the short term or any other enthusiast web-site. I'll fund the site and hope we can someday garner the attention that is necessary.

As for now, Walt I know you'll read this, so it's upon you to either take the reigns back in or chose somebody or somebodies to head up the site and the advancement of it. Or to let the web-site slip away and be nothing more than a distant memory in the mind of the many enthusiasts that read this site.

I'll visit, I'll comment, but as of now and for the forseeable future...I want no roll in administrative duties.

So the Admins had to pick up all the slack. Josh did not assist in the transition of responsibilities. We had to figure things out on our own.

Then The OUTLOOK story happened. That's right. The OUTLOOK fiasco happened after Josh already resigned. Josh notified us in the Admin section that he had a huge story and he didn't know what to do with it. This is what he posted:

I've read the issues about the site and us not being focused on news which I feel we now feature more news than ever, however people think GMI does a better job. So. Be. It.

The Saturn Outlook has been shelved as of now and I got the memo two minutes after GM employees received it.

The vehicle is shelved due to "possible brand re-alignment"....whatever that means. They also mentioned cost structure inluding supplier issues.

The best bet is this....do NOT go out being negative because of this news and it was announced literally less than 24 hours ago to GM employees and it was released on an internal GM certified confidential memo.

What we can do? I know how I want to run with this now when I get home from K-Zoo and I feel we can all make it worthwhile

In an almost unanimous decision (not everyone responded), we wanted Josh to let the Insiders know in order to obtain some type of validity to the story... or at least get feedback. Josh took it upon himself to run with the story without notifying us or placing it in pre-publish for everyone's review. He presented it as a "C&G" Exclusive and used "We" at every opportunity. None of us really appreciated that because we were against blindly publishing something without being verified. Most of us here respect our insiders very much and prefer to seek their council when it's of a serious nature... like the Outlook issue was.

This resulted in Josh's "Public" announcement to the board that he was resigning... despite that he had already done so in January, and many of the changes had already occurred behind the scenes. He leveraged the Outlook issue as justification, but that was not the truth. We left it be for the sake of a single/unified reason without all the drama. Oh Well. So much for that.

Site problems were rampant. The site had long down times and there were overages for the hosting plan that we were on. We all decided to switch hosts. We asked C&Gers for suggestions and started forming a plan of attack. We started a topic in the Admin section. Josh never responded to the questions, Fly asked Josh to respond and participate:

Josh, please do respond to this. We are waiting on you since you're the only one dealing with the host and are the only one with access to the PayPal donations.

No reply from Josh. Then, Josh PM'd Fly. Fly posted the PM in the Admin section:

There sits enough money in the C&G account right now to host the web-site for four months under my watch.

When the money is exhausted I will not be paying for the web-site or supporting it in anyway.

That being said, either yourself or others I feel have a significant amount of time to find hosting and decide who will pick up the tab.

Once I am done hosting the site, I also ask that my name be removed from any C&G contacts page (as it so blantantly has been already) and no reference to me exist as a person in position.

At the time of my departure, any website that should be created will no connections with C&G.

So...okay...

So, the migration to the new host site became our problem, not Josh's. He gave us a deadline (4 months... June'06). This is why we had to drop all other plans until we could migrate the site to a new hosting company. We've selected and created a new host plan with the current admins donating towards the initial costs and we're hoping to have this done very soon. A notice will be placed on the home page when we migrate. We're hoping for this weekend or next. We'll see if that holds.

So there's the story.

I think it is more of a "you piss off Fly, you'll regret it," quite simply.

Well, not just Fly...add in the other mods, AH-HA and a few other people.

NOS, I really don't know what you're referring to. Josh no longer being in an administrative capacity had zero to do with me. Am I a mod or admin? Nope...

So...does that mean in four months C&G isn't going to be "C&G" anymore?

No, that simply means Josh is not paying for it anymore. The other mods (Fly, Camino, Z, Ven, myself, and others) have made donations to pay for the site for 2 more years. We will be switching hosts and getting off this crappy server shortly, and it will all be paid for for 2 years.

I should also add that the end of 4 months is June.

No, that simply means Josh is not paying for it anymore. The other mods (Fly, Camino, Z, Ven, myself, and others) have made donations to pay for the site for 2 more years. We will be switching hosts and getting off this crappy server shortly, and it will all be paid for for 2 years.

I should also add that the end of 4 months is June.

I see. Well, this all does clear quite a bit up.

Some people dont know the half of it and I suspect C&G won't be open another 6 months. At least not without significant change.

Yes, the significant change being your exit.

Blame Fly all you want, but Fly is a very nice and patient person. He hasn't mistreated you, Josh, nor will he because he isn't vindictive. Fly does the job better than you ever did, all the while maintaining his composure and refraining from throwing drama queen hissy fits every week and "quitting." If there's anything I can say about Fly it's that he is the most patient person on this site. He hates confrontations and puts them off until they just have to be done. He's patient with members and gives them many chances and such before raising their warning level a tick. Basically, Fly is NICE. You are not, clearly, since instead of accepting your own resignation (WTF??) with dignity and grace, here you are dragging Fly through the mud. You resigned, Josh! That means you lose admin powers! So quit bitching about how Fly took away your admin powers! :stupid:

Edited by Croc

I'm pretty sure Fly plans on explaining all the aspects of this once the server switch is done. So no need to go jumping to conclusions or biting each others head off.

Simma-down-now!

Edited by CD/BP

It's not a I piss off Fly deal at all. It's a I put him in charge of running the site while I pay for it to take time off and it went to his head too fast.

I can turn the lights off on the board in a minute, but I'm not a dick. I know you guys like the site, but I'm unhappy with how I've been treated here by Fly when it was myself and other moderators that chose him specifically to head things up for awhile.

I havent had access to anything on the site. Little by little my powers, ability, etc were taken away without warning or justification.

Well... I, quite possibly, am going by, realistically, what Fly said to me and others. Personally, I don't have a problem with you, but honestly, you weren't... just... someone who helped C&G's reputation. Between your pissing matches with Croc, bad decisions on your part, failing to keep your word, as well as simply taking this site for granted... you only hurt C&G. Yes, I respect that you are the one that paid for the site, but I've heard from others that the big crash wasn't all accidental and could have been prevented. Look, if anything, C&G is better off... You're not the sole reason C&G is running and I'm sure, with the help of donations, merchandise, and the upcoming PMP someone will easily be able to pay for the site and keep it running. Again, nothing personal...