Exposed: Hyundai Veracruz [updated 10/10]

Variance

Looks like they got the inspiration for the headlights from Infiniti, the grill from Toyota, and the lower grill looks like many-a-Pontiac (though it's on other cars too). I can't see the rest, but the front is a bad mismatch of other vehicles, and the only thing that are at all attractive are the headlights.

Make a Hyundai

Start with a big ball of plastic, preheat oven to 350 F and place object in oven. Let sit for one hour.

Once object becomes plyable, remove from oven and shape with fingers

Posted Image

Go to local junkyard and spend a few hours scrounging up parts. Pillage away.

Posted Image

Bring home grilles, side moldings, and bumpers. Be creative and try different combinations. Surely one of them will look swell.

Finally, get a big bowl and stir it all together. Set in fridge for three hours. Remove.

Posted Image

Instant Hyundai. Serves four to six.

The Porsche Cayenne & Subaru Impreza Outback had an affair.

Looks very RX-y.

184687[/snapback]

totally agree, that was the first thing that popped to my mind when i saw that photo

• 1 month later...

Wow, Hyundai is getting very serious about moving upscale.

That interior reminds me of an Infiniti (not a copy, more of the style in general), and the exterior isn't too bad. It will be interesting to see how the public reacts to more expensive Hyundais. So far, the reaction hasn't been that good (see XG350, Azera).

The interior looks nice, especially the brown leather, but the design is now generic. The exterior is a not-so-nice mix of next-gen VUE, Subaru, Acura, Audi and Suzuki. At least it doesn't look as droopy as the more recent Hyundai designs. It only needs a training bra.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually like the front end. The interior is very nice...but the rest of the exterior is very reminisant of a Lexus RX. Still, the Lambadas looks far better, and more original.

203530[/snapback]

The lambda's are original? They are the same old thing from GM (The Enclave is lightly different). Take a nice concept although very plain, add obscene amounts of weight (4700lbs FWD & 4900lbs AWD), add mediocre power for the weight, and throw in a pinch of mediocre handling and gas mileage. Your mechanic is rubbing his hands together in excitement. The only thing original is the huge amount of interior room.

Hmm... looks better than I expected it to, but still not much of a looker. It's one of those designs that look great on paper, but not so much in the flesh. I think if they rework the grills and fascia a bit, it would look alot better. Then again, the side looks bland and bloated, while the rear is... unexplainable. It doesnt really fit. Otherwise, however, the interior looks superb. Hard to believe it's a Hyundai.