'09 Camaro colors..

Robert Hall

I have no idea what colors the '09 Camaro will be offered in (besides the obvious silver, white, black, bright red), but I saw a color this morning that would be perfect--it's a modern yet retro apple green (don't know the Chevy name of the color) that I saw on a late model Avalanche. Beautiful color, IMHO that looks very much like something from the late '60s-early '70s..I think the Camaro would great in it..

I also like Sunburst and Bermuda Blue (both '07 Avalanche colors), and Slate Blue Metallic (H3)....or Sharkskin, Sagemist, Dark Garnet Red, Crimson Pearl, White Opal and Ming Blue (all Lucerne colors)... these would all make interesting, distinctive Camaro colors, IMHO..

Edited by moltar

I have no idea what colors the '09 Camaro will be offered in (besides the obvious silver, white, black, bright red), but I saw a color this morning that would be perfect--it's a modern yet retro apple green (don't know the Chevy name of the color) that I saw on a late model Avalanche.  Beautiful color, IMHO that looks very much like something from the late '60s-early '70s..I think the Camaro would great in it..

193947[/snapback]

Alpine Green Metallic?

Oh puhleeze... NO PEARL WHITE on our hot new Camaro. A clean, bright non-metallic white would suit the car much, much better.

Crocus Yellow

Black Amethyst

Marina Blue

Aqua Blue

Medium Green Metallic

I agree with moltar's 10:02 pm list, except for White Opal.

Alpine Green Metallic?

194132[/snapback]

Alpine Green is much darker..nice color, though...the one I like I think is 2004 'Yellow-Green Metallic' or 2005 'Fine Sublime Green Metallic'. Like a bright olive or limish green..

10 - Tuxedo Black

69 - Cortez Silver

40 - Butternut Yellow

71 - LeMans Blue

50 - Dover White

72 - Hugger Orange

51 - Dusk Blue

76 - Daytona Yellow

52 - Garnet Red

79 - Rallye Green

53 - Glacier Blue

55 - Azure Turquoise

57 - Fathom Green

59 - Frost Green

61 - Burnished Brown

63 - Champagne

65 - Olympic Gold

67 - Burgundy

That's all the colors we need. :)

Here's my Camaro color suggestion list:

Onyx Black (41U)

White or Summit White (40U or 50U-doesn't matter)

Silverstone Metallic (67U)

Dark Silver Metallic (42U)

Blue Granite Metallic (46U) Slate Grey, better known as Stealth Grey

Laser Blue Metallic (21U)

Polar Blue Metallic (35U) Powder Blue-see the 2007 minivans!

Black Amethyst Metallic (71U)

Victory Red (74U)

Precision Red (27U)

Deep Ruby Metallic (66U)

Hugger Orange

Lime Green

Rally Yellow (34U)

Sandstone Metallic (15U)

Amber Bronze Metallic (53U)

Avalanche has offered to date Dark Green Metallic (47U), and I think Meander Green (Yellow-green) Metallic.

Avalanche has offered to date Dark Green Metallic (47U), and I think Meander Green (Yellow-green) Metallic.

194204[/snapback]

Meander Green must be the color I saw..the color chip charts I found on the web called it 2004 'Yellow-Green Metallic' or 2005 'Fine Sublime Green Metallic' but whatever..it's an interesting color.

The only cool thing about white is it looks real nice with blue or orange SS stripes, like the pace cars!!

Oh puhleeze... NO PEARL WHITE on our hot new Camaro.  A clean, bright non-metallic white would suit the car much, much better.

Crocus Yellow

Black Amethyst

Marina Blue

Aqua Blue

Medium Green Metallic

I agree with moltar's 10:02 pm list, except for White Opal.

194175[/snapback]

Hopefully they will have colors like Hugger Orange and Marina Blue

194087[/snapback]

Definitely!

i dont know how they will look on the fifth gen, but 4th gens in sunset orange are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hottt

194091[/snapback]

I'm with you on this.. that color was my favorite for years.

10 - Tuxedo Black

69 - Cortez Silver

40 - Butternut Yellow

71 - LeMans Blue

50 - Dover White

72 - Hugger Orange 

51 - Dusk Blue

76 - Daytona Yellow

52 - Garnet Red

79 - Rallye Green 

53 - Glacier Blue

55 - Azure Turquoise 

57 - Fathom Green

59 - Frost Green

61 - Burnished Brown

63 - Champagne

65 - Olympic Gold

67 - Burgundy 

That's all the colors we need. :)

194199[/snapback]

mmmm... frost green and olympic gold... hhaaarrrrrrr

Fathom Blue

Polo Green

04 GTO Pulse Red

Tuxedo Black

Sebring Silver

Daytona Yellow

Hugger orange

The Yellow Metallic on the Movie prop car (Bumblebee) It looks fantastic.

194192[/snapback]

How about Dessert Sand Mica Camino? hahahhzhaha :duh::banghead:

While waiting for a tire repair on my TA at Les Schwaub I glanced at the November issue of Hot Rod. They had an article on the making of the bumble bee Camaro for the TransFormers movie and and article on what options you would like for the Camaro with a form to fill out. Interspersed in the articlw were artist renditions of how the SS might look, some exterior color renditions as well as interior color combinations. It was a very facsinating article.

ill take mine in tuxedo black with twin red stripes pinstriped in white... black leather with red mesh inserts and white trim on the interior... thanks

Black on red w/black houndstooth with Red hockeystick graphics and rallye stripes.

Yesh. :D

I know, the hockeysticks and rallye stripes were never offered together--you got one or the other--but I have seen custom jobs with both, and they look great together.

196948[/snapback]

Now that would look great (with one kind of stripe or the other though). Not that I'm biased or anything. :lol:

Seriously though, my favorite would have to be a Hugger Orange (more red than the 1999 Hugger Orange though) with white rallye stripes. Oh yeah. :idhitit:

Sandstone=Sedona Beige/Cashmere/Golden Cashmere-one of my favorite colors-matches my PrismaColor Sand colored pencil and looks rich-definitely agree about the cheap look of the Ligh Driftwood and Sanddrift colors though. I forgot to add 1, maybe 2 colors to my list:

Pace Blue (20U)-non-metallic Electric Blue that's new on Cobalt/Colorado, and....

Arrival Blue Metallic (91U)-the Ultramarine used on Pontiac G6, 2003-04 Chevy Silverado and 2005 Cobalt.

FWIW, here's the thread I created right after the Camaro debuted with a bunch of different colors on the car:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...owtopic=4725&hl

197842[/snapback]

Can you go in and make one dark jade green and one the blue on the 69 chevelles!? I dont have a program to do color changes. :(

• 2 weeks later...