Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Allante93

2008 Chevrolet Malibu?

56 posts in this topic

Not sure if this picture has surfaced or not on this site, but it's a screen shot from one of the employee pricing commercials. My best guess is that the vehicle behind the guy is a 2008 Chevrolet Malibu (GMX386).

Posted Image Edited by !!!TED!!!

That still looks too similar to the current model, which looks somewhat similar to the old 1997-2003 (04-05 Classic) models. I was hoping for something styled after the 2003 SS concept slightly shrunken with better space efficiency and still front-drive in this case.

Looks like a next gen mailbu, but the question is, why is it so far along already? The side profile looks like a Lucerene, I am thinking it could be a Zeta concept... I don't know! Edited by Cremazie

Lucerene with a Chevy badge.

Lucerene with a Chevy badge.

[post="15104"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think you're right. What a strange thing to put in a commercial. :unsure:

From what I've been hearing the next Malibu is pretty radical in terms of styling and something never seen before from Chevy. I doubt this is it. I know some have said Zeta, possible Caprice? Or some other RWD chevy sedan? Just speculating. If it is a preview at something meant for North America it's styling is pretty bland.

This is just a Lucerne, plain and simple, I think the grille/emblem just being an illusion of sorts. They would NEVER show something like an all-new Malibu 2-3 years down the road that clearly on a commercial, especially considering that it would NEVER be that complete this early on. Edited by caddycruiser

Lucerne with a Chevy nose. Although there was a rumer of a LARGE FWD CAPRICE in Chevys future I think this is just something to get ALL OF US talking. And we fell into the trap? :o

There is at leaset one completed sedan - since the media saw it a couple of months ago when they got the new product preview. Who knows what this is. If it is the Malibu as an 08 model - then we are really just 15 1/2 months from when GM can begin selling their 2008 models. Remember, January 2007 is open season on the 2008 models. The 2007 Chevy Tahoe goes on sale in four months and has had the styling finished for over 18 months. It is very feasible that this is in fact the 2008 Malibu.

As others have proven, this is not the Malibu. No Malibu that looks like that would be called stunning by any sane person.

I know some have said Zeta, possible Caprice? Or some other RWD chevy sedan? Just speculating.

[post="15121"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow, that would be awsome!!!

Carguy: Although there was a rumer of a LARGE FWD CAPRICE in Chevys future...

That's not funny! :puke: Edited by Sixty8panther

It looks like a... IDK. Something about it makes me think Chevy badged Daewoo and something about it makes me think Lucerne. :blink: Hmm... :huh:

Hmmm... many possibilities: 1. Plain Lucerne (the grill area could be deformed by the video) 2. Chevrolet Evanda/Daewoo Magnus (V250) 3. Chevrolet CHI FWD full-size sedan 5. Chevrolet Zeta sedan 6. 2008 Chevrolet Malibu To me, looks like a big Cobalt.

Looks like the Lucern with some bad lighting. You can definately tell by the lights. This is definately not the next malibu. If it was, GM would be screwed.

Now that I have looked on the Buick site, I'd say is a Lucerne. The Chevy "bar" is really light reflecting the angle on the Lucerne grill, and the "bowtie" is the top of the Buick emblem.

Otherwise known as the c2007 Chevrolet Epica

[post="15212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm going to have to agree that this has got to be one of the GM Daewoo products. I don't think this looks at all like what journalists were describing when they saw the 08 Malibu at the GM Design Dome.

FYI: that scene was shot in the "glass football," the new front entrance to GM's World HQ (Renaissance Center) in Detroit.

Definitely a Lucerne. Like somebody else said, the light reflection makes it look like a Chevy but it's not. I just hit the Buick website and the wheels are the same on the Lucern, along with the headlights, and rear quarter panel. I vote Lucerne!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0