Sign in to follow this  
NOS2006

Super Corvette Report

68 posts in this topic

NOS2006    11

I'll just say what I heard as a rumor:

• From what I've seen or heard, they're aiming for 0-60 in less than 2.5 seconds. And they've beat it, by a bit.
  • They're aiming for over 200 MPH. And they've done it. (Well, duh.. the Z06 goes like 197 doesn't it?)
  • Something special happens around 140 MPH and around 190 MPH
  • It'll cost around a hundred grand in US dollars (which was pretty much already known)
  • They want to beat the best in the world for less than a quarter of a cost. And, from how it sounds, they will.
And that's all I've got to say about that :AH-HA_wink: Edited by NOS2006

NOS2006    11

Why does thou tease us so? :(

207230[/snapback]

Because it's so much more fun. Especially when I underrate numbers and don't tell the full story :smilewide:

greg_nate    0

Zero to 60 in under 2.5 seconds....

If this is true, I don't believe it can be done with RWD on street tires. That's faster than the turbo V16 Veyron. It must then, be an AWD platform if the 2.5 second 0-60 is true.

Its almost unbelievable, actually. For 100k? I wonder if we're getting our chain pulled.

big blue    1

Because it's so much more fun. Especially when I underrate numbers and don't tell the full story :smilewide:

207232[/snapback]

Underrate? Seriously? This thing isn't going to be a beast, it's going to be the monster that ate the beast then asked for seconds. Edited by big blue

z28luvr01    170

0-60 in 2.5....that's like getting hit in the back by a semi doing 100mph. :o8)

This is gonna be awesome. NOS, you've made my day!

NOS2006    11

The 0-60 seems optimistic considering the Z06 already has a traction issue.

Mark

207268[/snapback]

Optimistic? I added a few ticks to what I heard before posting that. :AH-HA_wink:

NOS2006    11

Damn it, I found very similar numbers (meaning, more exact numbers), plus a 1/4 mile time and some other stuff on some forum last night, but I don't remember which forum and I can't find it in a search. I'd post it for you guys, but I can't find it. Blah.

I'm not giving nothing more exact though. I've varied the numbers enough and remember that the car is not finished yet, so my numbers may still be off. However, this is where it seems to be at currently (although I'm not sure how up-to-date my source is).

Northstar    11

Can't you look in your history list to see what forum you got it from?

I think that Lingenfelter C5 probably had drag slicks to go 0-60 in 1.97. 2.5 to 60 is insanely fast, but we'll see. It seems next to impossible because the Veyron has 1000hp and AWD and does it in 2.5, so the Vette being just as fast without AWD seems impossible without slicks.

NOS2006    11

Well, Northie, I could, but I turned off history on my Firefox settings.

And the set rumor for the engine, as it has been for a long time, is a supercharged LS3. I've got nothing new there.

greg_nate    0

Can't you look in your history list to see what forum you got it from?

I think that Lingenfelter C5 probably had drag slicks to go 0-60 in 1.97. 2.5 to 60 is insanely fast, but we'll see. It seems next to impossible because the Veyron has 1000hp and AWD and does it in 2.5, so the Vette being just as fast without AWD seems impossible without slicks.

207304[/snapback]

Exactly...that's what I said above. On street tires, I just don't see it happening without AWD.

greg_nate    0

Well, Northie, I could, but I turned off history on my Firefox settings.

You've just lost all credibility with this statement. C'mon now. This thread needs to be removed from the front page and put into the "Wild Fantasy" forum.

I search the forms as much as anyone else on the net, and I haven't seen any credible details other than the project has been green lighted. Even the supposed spy pics are not a certainty - they could be a Caddy mule for all we know. We just don't know enough yet.

The supposed 3 valve heads are another question mark. Pics and patents dated three years ago don't mean anything. Its nice to speculate, but until we get some hard info from credible insiders, its still nothing more than speculation. And this site, once upon a time, used to have one of the best group of insiders on the net until a certain personality ran them all off. Its a shame.

FAPTurbo    1,080

You've just lost all credibility with this statement.  C'mon now.  This thread needs to be removed from the front page and put into the "Wild Fantasy" forum.

I search the forms as much as anyone else on the net, and I haven't seen any credible details other than the project has been green lighted.  Even the supposed spy pics are not a certainty - they could be a Caddy mule for all we know.  We just don't know enough yet.

The supposed 3 valve heads are another question mark.  Pics and patents dated three years ago don't mean anything.  Its nice to speculate, but until we get some hard info from credible insiders, its still nothing more than speculation.  And this site, once upon a time, used to have one of the best group of insiders on the net until a certain personality ran them all off.  Its a shame.

207320[/snapback]

... Uh dude... I think NOS is pretty credible. I too have my Firefox config'd to clean my history, etc... It's pretty common.

NOS2006    11

... Uh dude... I think NOS is pretty credible. I too have my Firefox config'd to clean my history, etc... It's pretty common.

207325[/snapback]

I wouldn't post stuff that I didn't believe. I think that, in my three years here, I have at least a few people that could support that I don't say stuff that I feel is just a stupid rumor or something that won't prove to be true or somewhat true.

Also, Flybrian has stated this before:

When someone chooses to share information, you DO NOT have to agree, but you MUST afford them respect.

Anyway, take what I've said here FWIW. When you see that this is credible, just know where you saw this stuff first. And if it proves to not be credible, then you may knock me. Until then, we'll see. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by NOS2006

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this