Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Super Corvette Report

NOS2006

I'll just say what I heard as a rumor:

• From what I've seen or heard, they're aiming for 0-60 in less than 2.5 seconds. And they've beat it, by a bit.
  • They're aiming for over 200 MPH. And they've done it. (Well, duh.. the Z06 goes like 197 doesn't it?)
  • Something special happens around 140 MPH and around 190 MPH
  • It'll cost around a hundred grand in US dollars (which was pretty much already known)
  • They want to beat the best in the world for less than a quarter of a cost. And, from how it sounds, they will.
And that's all I've got to say about that :AH-HA_wink: Edited by NOS2006

Zero to 60 in under 2.5 seconds....

If this is true, I don't believe it can be done with RWD on street tires. That's faster than the turbo V16 Veyron. It must then, be an AWD platform if the 2.5 second 0-60 is true.

Its almost unbelievable, actually. For 100k? I wonder if we're getting our chain pulled.

Because it's so much more fun. Especially when I underrate numbers and don't tell the full story :smilewide:

207232[/snapback]

Underrate? Seriously? This thing isn't going to be a beast, it's going to be the monster that ate the beast then asked for seconds. Edited by big blue

0-60 in 2.5....that's like getting hit in the back by a semi doing 100mph. :o8)

This is gonna be awesome. NOS, you've made my day!

Damn it, I found very similar numbers (meaning, more exact numbers), plus a 1/4 mile time and some other stuff on some forum last night, but I don't remember which forum and I can't find it in a search. I'd post it for you guys, but I can't find it. Blah.

I'm not giving nothing more exact though. I've varied the numbers enough and remember that the car is not finished yet, so my numbers may still be off. However, this is where it seems to be at currently (although I'm not sure how up-to-date my source is).

Can't you look in your history list to see what forum you got it from?

I think that Lingenfelter C5 probably had drag slicks to go 0-60 in 1.97. 2.5 to 60 is insanely fast, but we'll see. It seems next to impossible because the Veyron has 1000hp and AWD and does it in 2.5, so the Vette being just as fast without AWD seems impossible without slicks.

Can't you look in your history list to see what forum you got it from?

I think that Lingenfelter C5 probably had drag slicks to go 0-60 in 1.97. 2.5 to 60 is insanely fast, but we'll see. It seems next to impossible because the Veyron has 1000hp and AWD and does it in 2.5, so the Vette being just as fast without AWD seems impossible without slicks.

207304[/snapback]

Exactly...that's what I said above. On street tires, I just don't see it happening without AWD.

Well, Northie, I could, but I turned off history on my Firefox settings.

You've just lost all credibility with this statement. C'mon now. This thread needs to be removed from the front page and put into the "Wild Fantasy" forum.

I search the forms as much as anyone else on the net, and I haven't seen any credible details other than the project has been green lighted. Even the supposed spy pics are not a certainty - they could be a Caddy mule for all we know. We just don't know enough yet.

The supposed 3 valve heads are another question mark. Pics and patents dated three years ago don't mean anything. Its nice to speculate, but until we get some hard info from credible insiders, its still nothing more than speculation. And this site, once upon a time, used to have one of the best group of insiders on the net until a certain personality ran them all off. Its a shame.

You've just lost all credibility with this statement.  C'mon now.  This thread needs to be removed from the front page and put into the "Wild Fantasy" forum.

I search the forms as much as anyone else on the net, and I haven't seen any credible details other than the project has been green lighted.  Even the supposed spy pics are not a certainty - they could be a Caddy mule for all we know.  We just don't know enough yet.

The supposed 3 valve heads are another question mark.  Pics and patents dated three years ago don't mean anything.  Its nice to speculate, but until we get some hard info from credible insiders, its still nothing more than speculation.  And this site, once upon a time, used to have one of the best group of insiders on the net until a certain personality ran them all off.  Its a shame.

207320[/snapback]

... Uh dude... I think NOS is pretty credible. I too have my Firefox config'd to clean my history, etc... It's pretty common.

... Uh dude... I think NOS is pretty credible. I too have my Firefox config'd to clean my history, etc... It's pretty common.

207325[/snapback]

I wouldn't post stuff that I didn't believe. I think that, in my three years here, I have at least a few people that could support that I don't say stuff that I feel is just a stupid rumor or something that won't prove to be true or somewhat true.

Also, Flybrian has stated this before:

When someone chooses to share information, you DO NOT have to agree, but you MUST afford them respect.

Anyway, take what I've said here FWIW. When you see that this is credible, just know where you saw this stuff first. And if it proves to not be credible, then you may knock me. Until then, we'll see. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by NOS2006

I wouldn't post stuff that I didn't believe. I think that, in my three years here, I have at least a few people that could support that I don't say stuff that I feel is just a stupid rumor or something that won't prove to be true or somewhat true.

Also, Flybrian has stated this before:

When someone chooses to share information, you DO NOT have to agree, but you MUST afford them respect.

Anyway, take what I've said here FWIW. When you see that this is credible, just know where you saw this stuff first. And if it proves to not be credible, then you may knock me. Until then, we'll see. :AH-HA_wink:

207328[/snapback]

Nice post and you are correct - respect is due. My apologies for being harsh. You have to admit though, that the numbers posted are truly unbelievable - meaning, I don't see how they are technically feasable with a simple RWD platform unless the new Vette has two 36 inch wide rear tires.

So what about the weight? Did they meet their goal of 29XX?

207337[/snapback]

I have no idea, but I'd assume they did. Talk is of a fully carbon body. Hopefully the LS9 (even with the blower) weighs less than the LS7 set-up.

Nice post and you are correct - respect is due.  My apologies for being harsh.  You have to admit though, that the numbers posted are truly unbelievable - meaning, I don't see how they are technically feasable with a simple RWD platform unless the new Vette has two 36 inch wide rear tires.

207338[/snapback]

Thank you. And, yes it does seem wrong, but, IDK. I can see it happening.

Hmm, maybe it has one mean Stabilitrak system. Although the Veyron has AWD, it doesn't mean that GM couldn't do it RWD...

...If there's will, there's a way.  :)

207344[/snapback]

Didn't the Sledgehammer Corvette have RWD? Just something to think about. And that was back 18 years ago.. about 20 years before the "Blue Devil" is rumored to be produced.

The Sledgehammer Vette 0-60 time was 3.9.

207353[/snapback]

Fine, what was the 2002 Lingenfelter TT Corvette's 0-60 on a RWD chassis? Yes, 1.97 seconds. I was thinking the Sledgehammer was quicker.

And, no, I wouldn't say I first heard it on some website. That was the second source I found.

The Lingenfelter TT 427 was also a fully streetable car. I believe they used drag radials in the rear.

I'm curious about this "something special" that happens at 140 and 190. I'd assume it has to do with suspension/aerodynamic adjustments to compensate for the forces acting upon the car at those speeds. Either that or that's where 5th and 6th start in and you can still leave a trail of rubber at those speeds... :P

Guest YellowJacket894

. . . About this "something special" that happens at 140 and 190: I'd assume it has to do with suspension/aerodynamic adjustments to compensate for the forces acting upon the car at those speeds.

:yes:

That's what I'm thinking. The suspension could lower itself a few inches at those two points to react to the forces being placed on the car.

You do get better traction with a lower center of gravity. The lower the car, the more downforce you get as a result.

I say a Zero-to-Sixty time of around 2.5 seconds is a possibilty with a special leveling-type suspension setup and Stabilitrak.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of technology is baked into the Blue Devil when it finally debuts.

Not going to say it will or won't do 2.5 because we still don't know enough to make a real guesstimate.

But This is what I know on AWD 0-60 time on the car we have at work.

It is a 600 HP Lingenfelter powered 32 Ford with AWD it is over 2,500 pounds and runs a ZR1 rear drive and Syclone front drive.

0-60 Times are 3.5 Sec on Comp TA street tires.

Now this car has no electronic aides of any kind and auto tranny because it kept ripping the clutch and driveshaft out with the 5 speed.

Now on the other hand the front drive takes over 150 HP from the engine to drive. I know for a fact the car was much faster in the 1/4 mile in RWD than AWD. Now on the other hand with out traction control the 0-60 times were not as good in RWD as would be expected expected. But not by much!

Bottom line factors need to be known

Overall weight of the car?

Final HP 625? 650? 700?

Electronic aides and how they respond?

Tires? Don't take for granted they are just the standard Goodyear Eagle's They could be some very sticky Supercar Eagles they plan to supply for this car.

This is not going to be a regular production Vette so many liberties can and will be taken that are not on a Z06.

The bottom line is even if it will not do 2.5 in the 0-60 sprint this is a car that will compete with car costing 5-10 times as much as it 100K price.

It will be safe to say we will be blown away with what ever it does but to start arguing on numbers is a little too soon.

Keep in mind the Z06 is doing thing no one expected for a car less than 150K.

Edited by hyperv6

[*]Something special happens around 140 MPH and around 190 MPH

Retractable spoiler? Sounds like that could be the "special" thing especially when you see how Porsche and Bugatti use that tech to keep the car from coming off the ground.

If this is truly the case, I would expect different rear sheetmetal since it doesn't appear to be workable with the current body type.

o.k..if it does 0-60 in 2.5 or 3 s..it really doesn't matter...at least not to me ..it will be very fast car for "low" price...what matter is how it will handle on road, quality of material etc. Does anyone knows if ls3 will have 3 valve head and if yes is the answer will it be with two cam in block or just one?

Something special happens around 140 MPH and around 190 MPH

it goes super chevy at 140 and super chevy2 at 190, right?...

sorry, just some anime humor...

sounds amazing, but even if it gets to 60 in 3secs it'll still be great.

Edited by loki

NOS just out of curiousity...why do you have Firefox clear your history?

207647[/snapback]

Back home, other people would use my computer other than myself and everytime I displayed the drop-down menu for the Address Bar, I'd have a huge list of sites on there that other people visited. So, instead of having all that bs anytime I started typing in an address, I just made Firefox quit remembering my history. That way, everytime I close Firefox, I lose all the sites on my drop-down address bar.. and I like it that way. :)

Back home, other people would use my computer other than myself and everytime I displayed the drop-down menu for the Address Bar, I'd have a huge list of sites on there that other people visited. So, instead of having all that bs anytime I started typing in an address, I just made Firefox quit remembering my history. That way, everytime I close Firefox, I lose all the sites on my drop-down address bar.. and I like it that way. :)

207652[/snapback]

Ah, that makes sense. I'm glad my computer is for my use only ^_^

Ah, that makes sense. I'm glad my computer is for my use only ^_^

207655[/snapback]

Well, we have two PCs and a laptop at home, but my mom likes my computer and my sister goes on it from time-to-time, too lol. Anyway, carry on with the thread and speculation...

Hyper6, sounds like the roadster that Troy Trapenier built??

If it is AWD you can throw that 2900lb mark out the window. That too is the only way I could see 2.5, and even that is iffy. The McLaren F1 supercar has similar power and weight and ran 0-60 in 3.2 sec with a 1/4 mile time of 11.1. I just don't see how an additional 150hp on the vette can make it drop in the 10 second bracket in the 1/4 completely stock.

However if it is AWD, the one "suprise" at 140 may be the front drivetrain disengages to allow for 2wd over that speed, kinda like the Nissan Skyline does. However the Nissan does it at 80mph, and 140 sound kinda high to have something like that occur.

If I can get ahold of my souce I will be able to give some more accurate info.

Edited by BuddyP