2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Pics and Information

Northstar

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awsome!!! Love it. I give it a solid A. Why not an A+? Too much "Ford" in the styling.

Well, it's beautiful -- especially the interior... Does anyone know if there will be wheel flares offered, as on the '00-05? Any two-tone body color combos offered? I'm not crazy about the body-colored rear window area-supports; I really like the black louvered look on the current model; too-mini-van-like, maybe?? Some chrome inserts on the front and rear bumbers would have been nice, too -- a heritage thing... Now I wish I had waited for an '07 and not bought a new Bermuda Blue '05 LT -- I did save a ton, though... Very nice job, Chevy!!

I agree. This thing looks great! However, I also see some Ford styling in there as well. Obviously the grille is all Chevy...but overall, I see a mixture of Explorer/Expedition. Not really a bad thing. Those trucks look pretty good. But this truck looks very smooth and love the little flares over the wheelwells. Good job Chevy.

The fuel economy esimates are pointing towards 20-21mpg with DOD. But is this combined or only highway miles? If combined, thats pretty damn good for a large SUV. It might even help these vehicles weather the gas crunch we're having. While Im not an SUV-person, I would like to see whats in store for the more smaller, nimbler GM SUVs. Hmmm.

Awsome!!! Love it. I give it a solid A.

Why not an A+? Too much "Ford" in the styling.

[post="17250"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I also see some "ford" in the styling, but oh well...

I know somebody mentioned that front and middle leg room stayed the same, but it does look like the rear wheel wells aren't intruding into the doors as much as the previous gen. So, that's a plus.

I noticed a chrome trim ring on the tip of the shifter handle as well.

Sooooo, Who wants to be the first to chop one of these pics to give us a glimpse of what the new silverados are going to look like. Assuming they will be sharing front ends as in the past.

[post="17269"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

They will not be, it's already been confirmed by insiders.

This interior is amazing. The exterior is beautiful- no surprises there, but still very nice. The mileage achieved is incredible--as good as a CTS! The whole package is phenomonal, and the interior looks like it has much higher quality materials than the F-150---or any truck, just look at the HVAC controls.

4 speed auto on all but the 6.2 engine? Here why go again. The press is going to rake them over the coals for this. Everything else looks excellent.

[post="17271"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

"Roof-mounted head curtain side air bags with rollover protection for all seating rows available on LS, LT-1 and LT-2 models; standard on LT-3 and LTZ"

Should be standard on all models. If they're standard on a Kia Spectra why are they not on an expensice vehicle like this GM?

[post="17280"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good points....so, as expected I guess, what's the reason for not doing the 6-spd across the board? Similarly, things like airbags, regardless of where they shoot from NEED to be STANDARD on every model and at every price point.

I'm also disappointed with the 3rd seat. Keeping the solid rear axle, I understand being very limited as to what could be done with it, but why not something like the Durango--also a solid axle vehicle, but with a flat folding rear bench that is, actually, a LOT more comfortable than what is currently in the Tahoe/Yukon. On that same note, while the seats do look quite improved, seems like sitting in the very back will AGAIN be only for the smallest of kids/people who enjoy chewing on their knees.

Other than that--AWESOME! Hate the atrocious gold paint and boring wheels on this one (gee, did I ever call that one!), but everything else, especially mechanically, is head and shoulders above the current trucks. Can't wait until trade-in time comes for our '04..... :chevy:

They will not be, it's already been confirmed by insiders.

This interior is amazing. The exterior is beautiful- no surprises there, but still very nice. The mileage achieved is incredible--as good as a CTS! The whole package is phenomonal, and the interior looks like it has much higher quality materials than the F-150---or any truck, just look at the HVAC controls.

[post="17289"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So, what differences can be expected, besides a front bumper as opposed to the bumper cover.

I'm also disappointed with the 3rd seat.  Keeping the solid rear axle, I understand being very limited as to what could be done with it, but why not something like the Durango--also a solid axle vehicle, but with a flat folding rear bench that is, actually, a LOT more comfortable than what is currently in the Tahoe/Yukon.  On that same note, while the seats do look quite improved, seems like sitting in the very back will AGAIN be only for the smallest of kids/people who enjoy chewing on their knees.

[post="17294"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think GM can get away with a tight 3rd row in the Tahoe, because if it really bugs somebody that much they should buy a Suburban instead.

BTW, I read in the "locked" posts by Josh that they are power fold and flip!

I think GM can get away with a tight 3rd row in the Tahoe, because if it really bugs somebody that much they should buy a Suburban instead.

BTW, I read in the "locked" posts by Josh that they are power fold and flip!

[post="17302"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's VERY true, as being current-gen Suburban owners, there was no way we could even fathom buying a Tahoe because it has very little room--but is a great size overall that works for most people.

On that same note, to anyone like us who has ever had to wrangle the HUGE back bench out of it's latches, drag it out the back, and then take 2 people to put it somewhere--there has to be a better solution. Hopefully the new longer models will have a better idea.

Either way, the second row looks GREAT! Yet again knowing first hand how hard it can be to squeeze yourself through the tiny opening to the 3rd seat, I've wondered for years why they never had a fold n' tumble design. Now they not only have this, but it is optionally POWERED, which just adds a cool factor second to none. Edited by caddycruiser

Hydra-Matic 6L80 details

GM’s new, Hydra-Matic 6L80 electronically controlled six-speed automatic transmission is matched with the 6.2L engine. A higher-capacity Hydra-Matic 4L70-E four-speed automatic is paired with 6.0L engines; 4.8L and 5.3L powertrains are teamed with the Hydra-Matic 4L60-E four-speed.

The 6L80’s wide, 6.04:1 overall ratio, including two overdrive gears, allows for the transmission’s shorter steps between gears. This enables a steep, 4.02:1 first gear, which provides a very strong launch feel. The two overdrive gears include a 0.85:1 ratio in fifth gear and a 0.67:1 ratio in sixth. With two overdrive gears, engine rpm is reduced by approximately 9 percent at 60 mph – a reduction of about 1,350 rpm. Lower engine rpm can bolster fuel economy because less fuel is used. A lower-rpm cruising speed also enhances smoothness and reduces noise heard in the vehicle’s cabin.

Technical sophistication is exemplified by clutch to clutch operation that reduces complexity and packaging. It also enhances the performance feel of the transmission, as shifts feel more immediate and precise. Clutch to clutch operation is achieved with three planetary gears, three stationary clutches and two rotating clutches. It is a simple, less complex design that enables the six-speed transmission to be packaged in a size not much larger than a four-speed automatic. All forward gear shifts feature clutch to clutch operation.

A new, 32-bit electro-hydraulic control module optimizes the 6L80’s performance according to a variety of vehicle inputs, while also enabling features including tow/haul mode, auto grade braking and manual range selection. The controller is integrated within the transmission.

Tow/haul mode is a driver-selectable feature that reduces shift busyness when towing or hauling a heavy load. The feature is complemented by manual range selection or “tap-up/tap-down” capability which allows the driver to manually select upshifts and downshifts with a button on the column shifter. Auto grade braking is available when the tow/haul mode is selected and the transmission is not in the range selection mode.

Notice how it's all about the 6-spd, with the 4-spd's just ran over quickly?

Even as awesome as the 4-spd is right now, this is NOT going to go over well with those in the "know". Similarly, I see no reason why ALL of the engines used couldn't make the jump to the 6-spd right from the get go, unless GM is pulling a "typical" and waiting until the second model year, '08, to already make a significant powertrain change. Edited by caddycruiser

I'm more impressed than I thought I would be! Dashboard looks pretty nice, nice trim level array (except the confusing 1LT/2LT/3LT claptrap Chevy's gotten themselves into for 2006, as long as the LS isn't degraded), and inoffensive, if not uninnovative styling and enhancements. Hopefully this will have comparably more passenger and cargo room than rival Dodge Durango, and hopefully it still seats up to 9, or at least 8 passengers via an available (standard preferably) at least on LS/1LT. Thanks for the pictures and info! I bet Tahoe will do alright, though even in these fuel-conscious times, I still wonder why the 4800 V-8 will be standard later on.

Interior Looks like the Cadillac DTS> I am impressed. I think GM met the bar for sure on this one, they did not raise the bar however. One point though on the Interior, we are looking at a NON-luxery model. If the Cadillac's look even better than we have a REAL winner. Infact it would blow away anything out there for several years to come. Exterior is even better in matter of the mechanical aspects.This is really impressive. 20mpg!

I'm more impressed than I thought I would be! Dashboard looks pretty nice, nice trim level array (except the confusing 1LT/2LT/3LT claptrap Chevy's gotten themselves into for 2006, as long as the LS isn't degraded), and inoffensive, if not uninnovative styling and enhancements. Hopefully this will have comparably more passenger and cargo room than rival Dodge Durango, and hopefully it still seats up to 9, or at least 8 passengers via an available (standard preferably) at least on LS/1LT. Thanks for the pictures and info! I bet Tahoe will do alright, though even in these fuel-conscious times, I still wonder why the 4800 V-8 will be standard later on.

[post="17325"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Um, with the dimensions being so close to those of the current-gen Tahoe, there's no way it will have more passenger and cargo room than the Durango--it's always been the most "cramped" full-sizer, but that's actually a good thing for most buyers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

[post="17338"][/post]

frankly I hope there is a bigger difference in the GMC, i would be really unsatisfied with the GMT900 if the GMC looked so identical...

and I really hope the GMC trucks are distinctly different as well, i hate the fact I get my cars mixed up... I say Thats a Suburban, ohh my bad Yukon XL...

and hopefully the truck is a good value and a good looking vehicle as well

Notice how it's all about the 6-spd, with the 4-spd's just ran over quickly?

Even as awesome as the 4-spd is right now, this is NOT going to go over well with those in the "know".  Similarly, I see no reason why ALL of the engines used couldn't make the jump to the 6-spd right from the get go, unless GM is pulling a "typical" and waiting until the second model year, '08, to already make a significant powertrain change.

[post="17307"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think GM is just going to use the 6 speeds on the top engine till they ramp production up. I would like to think that by the second year all engines will have the 6 speed auto.

Nope doesn't look like them at all. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

Got back a while ago and it was a big turn out for the event where we were shown all the GMT900 SUVs.

[post="17353"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

AH-HA, You make me sick with all that winking. I hate it that you know, I want to know, we want to know, but you can't say what you know. DAMNIT!!!!!

The hell with your job!!! SPILL THE BEANS MAN!!!!!!

:P

It completely slipped my mind that we were going to be seeing the Tahoe for the first time today. I'm busy getting ready for college and all so forgive me! The exterior looks better to me than what we saw in the spy shots. It looks classy, somewhat sporty and very substantial. I hope the base models look pretty much the same: all body-colored exterior parts (no Kia Rio black plastic!). Now I really can't wait to see the Yukon, Escalade and the trucks. The interior completely blew me away. BEAUTIFUL. At first I was scared to see all the faux wood, especially around the radio/HVAC controls but I've settled down now. It looks very nice. Like someone else mentioned, though, we need to see photos of the base model interior. This is how interiors are built, GM! Keep this up and people will be crawling back to buy your cars. It looks good so hopefully the rest of the "interior equation" adds up: Design (got it) + Build Quality (looks like it's there in the photos) + MATERIALS = Perfect Interior I love all the little details: chrome around the gauges and control knobs, etc. I am disappointed about the lack of a fold-flat 3rd row and the presence of 4-speed automatic but the final product seems to redeem itself. I can't wait to read the reviews. GM not only met the bar on full-size SUVs, it slightly rose it.

Also from reading engine specs, it looks like the trucks arent gonna be short on power..then again lately theyve dominated in engine power..be prepared to have your asses whooped even more toyota, GM isnt gonna let you rule the trucks

[post="17368"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

They increased power along with increasing the weight. 400 to 500 lb increase to be exact. It will be like the F-150 power increase/ weight increase in 2004. The extra weight cancels out the increase in power. Hopefully it will be different with the GM products.

That's VERY true, as being current-gen Suburban owners, there was no way we could even fathom buying a Tahoe because it has very little room--but is a great size overall that works for most people.

On that same note, to anyone like us who has ever had to wrangle the HUGE back bench out of it's latches, drag it out the back, and then take 2 people to put it somewhere--there has to be a better solution.  Hopefully the new longer models will have a better idea.

Either way, the second row looks GREAT!  Yet again knowing first hand how hard it can be to squeeze yourself through the tiny opening to the 3rd seat, I've wondered for years why they never had a fold n' tumble design.  Now they not only have this, but it is optionally POWERED, which just adds a cool factor second to none.

[post="17304"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

don't want to burst your bubble or spread false info, but I'm not sure if the powered fold and tumble feature is for the 2nd or 3rd row. Somebody might want to dig around for that info in the 2007 Tahoe press release info

The truck looks nice; it's not ground breaking nice, but it's solid. I'm disappointed over the 4-speeds & the non-fold-flat 2nd and 3rd row seats. I understand why on the seats, but it's not going to stop any of the auto-rags from bashing them for it. You just know that's comming. Dumb question; but I see that variable valve timing exists on the larger-displacement small blocks (6.0 & 6.2), but I don't see it on the 5.3 and the 4.8. I'm sure those engines would benefit as well -- so what's the scoop? Why did GM hold back? Is this yet another cost-saving measure? Listen: I understand GM's need to make money. In the long run, these cost saving measures are going to cost them sales -- and even more money than they are trying to save. Surely someone at GM can see this. The truck is a nice step forward, especially the interior. The execution of the entire truck, again, is lacking. We are seeing way too much of this -- especially on the GM's "core" offerings. I'm concerned.

I don't really see why you would say the execution is lacking. Take a look at the competition, I think it's safe to say that with the specs we have so far (20mpg!!) and with DOD and hybrid versions still yet to come this will fairly whomp the competition, and all with a dose of Chevy rugged style and some newfound extra class. I'm not at all disappointed by the ommission of 6-spds. It doesn't really bother me as much, since thje rest of the vehicle is so good. Of course it will be a good day when the 6-spds are available, but so far this is a great vehicle and a great buy in this class, and that is what matters in the end. The interior will blow other more expensive vehicles out of the water, including Navigator and Toyota Sequioa (Navigator's materials are NOT a significant step up from the F-series, it's the design that makes the Navi nice). Edited by turbo200

don't want to burst your bubble or spread false info, but I'm not sure if the powered fold and tumble feature is for the 2nd or 3rd row.  Somebody might want to dig around for that info in the 2007 Tahoe press release info

[post="17377"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's the second row http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif....as shown in the cool video on GM TV today:
GM TV 9-20-05 Edited by caddycruiser

Did everyone see this in the presskit?

GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali design

Yukon and Yukon Denali models have a new, distinct appearance that introduces a new design language for GMC. The design is characterized by large, round headlamps set in vertical housings that taper at the top and wrap around into the front fenders. The round lamps – a larger round lamp on the bottom with a slightly smaller lamp on top – have cylindrical mounting pockets that create a detailed three-dimensional appearance when viewed through the crystal-clear lenses.

The headlamps are separated by a large grille opening that contains a prominent, red GMC logo. The two-piece grille, with chrome surround trim, includes a taller upper section, with h orizontal, dark-colored bars on Yukon and Yukon XL models. The upper section channels air to the radiator and the lower section frames the front license plate holder and the standard integrated tow hooks.

Yukon Denali and Yukon XL Denali feature an updated version of the bright grille design that makes the vehicles instantly recognizable. For the ’07 models, the grille design has a more intricate mesh pattern that retains the Denali-specific chrome finish. The unique grille is accented by additional premium exterior trim cues.

The grilles of Yukon and Yukon Denali models, along with standard halogen fog lamps, are part of the integral assembly of the full wraparound front fascia systems shared among all the new SUVs. The fog lamps, like the large round headlamps, feature jewel-like optics. A molded-in, spear-shaped feature line runs across the fascia, above the fog lamps. This shape is carried by the protective bodyside moldings around the vehicle.

As with the front end, the rear of the Yukon features an integrated, wraparound fascia and unique lighting. The taillamp design includes three chrome-ringed, stacked ovals and red-color clear lenses. The three lighting elements create a concentric ring design that mimics the appearance of the round headlamps.

Distinct from the Chevy and Cadillac models, Yukon has black D-pillars with a black graphic trim piece extending from the D-pillar quarter glass to the backlight glass.

And this one...

Cadillac Escalade design

The iconic design cues that made the Escalade a cultural phenomenon are enhanced with the 2007 model – cues that established a new design language for all Cadillac vehicles. The ’07 model also incorporates elements introduced on the landmark Sixteen concept vehicle. These elements include vertical headlamp housing with HID tri-segment lighting elements and new, stylish front fender vents.

Escalade features a more prominent Cadillac wreath-and-crest emblem in the center of the traditional shield-shaped grille. It is confidently scaled to the proportions of the bold front end styling. The grille surface is predominantly chrome, with painted elements that add texture and visual depth. It is inset with compartmentalized groups of jewel-like vents and a detailed chrome-trim liner that has a textured screen with bright edges and black sides. The overall look is more detailed, enhancing Escalade’s luxury aura.

Escalade’s new, larger HID headlamps further the vertical-design theme established by the previous-generation model, but are more prominent and feature three distinct elements. The lamps’ interior parabolas are highly reflective and contribute to the jeweled looked when viewed through the crystal-clear lenses. The Cadillac logo is etched into the bulb shields, which contain new HID lighting elements.

The Escalade has a unique, wraparound front fascia that creates a seamless appearance. The lower portion of the fascia incorporates recessed, integrated tow hooks, owing to the Escalade’s primary mission as a capable full-size SUV. In true Escalade fashion, the tow hook openings make a stylish design statement.

The new front fascia flows smoothly into the front fenders, which are distinguished with Escalade-exclusive front fender vents. The vents, located at the top-rear corner of the fenders deliver a detailed appearance, with three sections set off by a chrome top bar and chrome surround trim. The vents add visual distinction to the Escalade lineup and are sure to become signature hallmarks, like the vertical headlamps and prominent wreath-and-crest grille emblem.

As with the front end, Escalade models have a specific wraparound rear fascia. The license plate holder is integrated into the liftgate and a prominent wreath-and-crest emblem is mounted above it. The fascia also incorporates sensors for the standard Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist feature, as well as the standard trailer hitch platform. The platform is covered to maintain Escalade’s tailored appearance, but is easily removable.

Escalade’s vertical lighting theme also is carried to the rear of the vehicle, with two arrays of elegant LED-lit taillamps. The lamps feature indirect optics and numerous sources of illumination per unit, which provides a broader, more even lighting display and eliminates the “pinpoints of light” normally associated with LEDs.

As part of its bold, powerful appearance, Escalade offers optional 22-inch wheels and tires – the largest factory-installed wheels in the full-size segment. All Escalade models – including those equipped with the standard 18-inch wheels and tires – feature a unique seven-spoke wheel design.