Northstar

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Pics and Information

Love that dash, though I was hoping for something more exciting with the rear seats.

[post="17191"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm hoping for something exciting in the rear seats too.. :lol:

True.............but I wonder how the Escalade will look then. Hmmmm...... All in all this Chevy looks great, and I think GM is getting its groove back.

[post="17192"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I mean on the exterior. I think the interior looks great too!

Definitely a hit... I'm not in the market for one, but it's still good news -- better vehicle-to-vehicle crash compatibility, which is nice, because every soccer mom will have one in 2 years. :P

Looks good..very clean..very clean...the shape makes it look smaller and less bulky, I think.. Where are the interior pics, though? I don't see any in this thread.

The interior looks good, if a bit similar to the Impala. I'm not so sure about the exterior, though. The front looks good but the back is very plain and the windows look strange. The engine choices are confusing too. Three engines with the choice of iron or aluminum blocks? And the 6-speed is only available on the expensive 6.2? Bah! Edit: I now see that the 7 engines are for the entire GMT900 line, with only 3 going in the Tahoe. But the 6speed thing still aggravates me. Edited by CSpec

So our worst fears are realized - the four speed is the transmission you get with the 5.3L V8. Why? At least the interior is stunning. I sure hope that this changes over time. I guess we should be impressed that the Tahoe gets better than 20MPG with the old four speed transmission.

The interior looks good, if a bit similar to the Impala. I'm not so sure about the exterior, though. The front looks good but the back is very plain and the windows look strange.

The engine choices are confusing too. Three engines with the choice of iron or aluminum blocks? And the 6-speed is only available on the expensive 6.2? Bah!

Edit: I now see that the 7 engines are for the entire GMT900 line, with only 3 going in the Tahoe. But the 6speed thing still aggravates me.

[post="17206"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That is disappointing, but still, 20 MPG combined is incredible for such a large vehicle. Most struggle to get that on the highway! Interestingly, the 4.8, without DOD, gets even better combined MPG.

The interior looks good, if a bit similar to the Impala. I'm not so sure about the exterior, though. The front looks good but the back is very plain and the windows look strange.

The engine choices are confusing too. Three engines with the choice of iron or aluminum blocks? And the 6-speed is only available on the expensive 6.2? Bah!

Edit: I now see that the 7 engines are for the entire GMT900 line, with only 3 going in the Tahoe. But the 6speed thing still aggravates me.

[post="17206"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree. Can they not handle the coming demand for the 6-speed? What would the MPG be if you could get the 6L80 with the 4.8 or 5.3? Give the entry level SUVs the 6L80 option.

I also just noticed that the wheelbase on the new Tahoe is exactly the same as the old one (to the millimeter) and the length has increased by 8", yet first and second row legroom is exactly the same and third row legroom has decreased by 2 inches. <_<

I also just noticed that the wheelbase on the new Tahoe is exactly the same as the old one (to the millimeter) and the length has increased by 8", yet first and second row legroom is exactly the same and third row legroom has decreased by 2 inches.  <_<

[post="17212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

As if the current third row was inhabitable in the first place. That'll probably be the GMT900's weak points -- lack of third row space, no folding third row, and if the general architecture remains the same, poor access to the 2nd row (B-pillar in the way). Apparently, the 3 inches of length is equivalent to 17 inches of crush space... so that's good.

I also just noticed that the wheelbase on the new Tahoe is exactly the same as the old one (to the millimeter) and the length has increased by 8", yet first and second row legroom is exactly the same and third row legroom has decreased by 2 inches.  <_<

[post="17212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hmmm..bigger on the outside, smaller on the inside! That's been a GM tradition for decades... :)

Where are the interior pics? There is a 'Photography' link at the GM media site but it's password protected.

Did anyone notice the difference in the center console trim piece in the interior shots? I hope that GM doesn't try to skimp on this the interior has a lot richer feel and look with this sim-wood insert.

hmm all the chevy's are looking better than GM's luxury brands now a days...and cheaper at that.

Did anyone notice the difference in the center console trim piece in the interior shots? I hope that GM doesn't try to skimp on this the interior has a lot richer feel and look with this sim-wood insert.

[post="17224"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

WHAT INTERIOR SHOTS??? Where are you guys seeing interior photos? I can't find any posted in this thread (only the exterior photos in FoG's post). Edited by moltar

the interior shots are on the first page and scroll down through the press info and half way through Northstar's post

Guest Josh
There are plenty of interior pictures on page 1. You must be clicking directly to the thread and it is taking you to page 2.

WHAT INTERIOR SHOTS???  Where are you guys seeing interior photos?  I can't find any posted in this thread (only the exterior photos in FoG's post).

[post="17229"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The original post has interior shots in it.

But, if it's not working you can find them all at AutoDeadline by clicking on the Chevrolet link.

:)

WHAT INTERIOR SHOTS???  Where are you guys seeing interior photos?  I can't find any posted in this thread (only the exterior photos in FoG's post).

[post="17229"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

INTERIOR PICTURES

correction: make that near the end of Northstar's post

[post="17236"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Interesting...I see no photos in Nortstar's post...just a bunch of lines that say 'user posted image'.