2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Pics and Information

Northstar

I really think the current gen tahoe is one of the niceset looking SUVs out there, so I will admit I am dissapointed with the exterior style, maybe the z71 package will imporve things or a different color perhaps. Like everyone i thought it would be 6-speeds across the board, but they still manage to get 20+ mpg COMBINED. And there is very little economy cost to get the 4x4, (20.1vs20.5). Hopefully, once production of the 6-speed is fully ramped up it can spread to the rest of the line as well and further improve MPG. One thing Chevy knocked out of the park is the interior, it makes anything but high end lexi and the like look cheap in comparison, not that an LTZ is a cheap vehicle by any means. The killer interior with the far and away class leading economy should be able to keep full-size SUVs tenable money makers for GM in the short-medium term. Ford is in big trouble it seems...

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

did the weight increase on these trucks at all

[post="17397"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

They increased power along with increasing the weight. 400 to 500 lb increase to be exact. It will be like the F-150 power increase/ weight increase in 2004. The extra weight cancels out the increase in power. Hopefully it will be different with the GM products.

[post="17375"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

2007 TAHOE SPECS 2006 TAHOE SPECS

What Mr. Impala fiasco ?? and the uplader only shares its grill with the Tahoe really, the Tahoe looks like the 06 Trailblazer or is it the other way around? :huh: O and the Tahoe doesnt not have fold-in-to-floor seating, but has captain chairs in the 2nd row, also iI saw that the new tahoe comes in LTZ package now.

Good job GM. A pretty nice redesign, though the interior isn't really what I hoped for. (For all the talk about the greatest interior ever, it's just a copy of the DTS and Lucerne interiors.) Which brings me to another point: Are all the GM900s going to have the same interior, with just trim and colors to tell them apart? I wouldn't be surprised... <_< (I mean really, if a Chevy SUV copied a Cadillac, then why wouldn't the rest of the lineup do the same...?) Edited by johnnyb

Good job GM. A pretty nice redesign, though the interior isn't really what I hoped for. (For all the talk about the greatest interior ever, it's just a copy of the DTS and Lucerne interiors.)

Which brings me to another point:

Are all the GM900s going to have the same interior, with just trim and colors to tell them apart? I wouldn't be surprised... <_< 

(I mean really, if a Chevy SUV copied a Cadillac, then why wouldn't the rest of the lineup do the same...?)

It definitely resembles the DTS, Lucerne, and the Impala...the best thing about the dash is it is very car-like and not truckish (since these trucks are predominantly used as cars---they are the full-size station wagons of today).

I do hope the Escalade gets more than a different guage cluster and wood trim--it deserves its own unique dash design.

From the "2007 SUVS AT A GLANCE" on page 1 posted by Derek77:

Cadillac Escalade models feature an exclusive luxury interior, including a unique instrument panel, instrumentation (with continuously lit white-LED backlighting), seats, door trim and center console. Escalade also receives enhanced premium materials and features, such as unique instrument lighting, fabric-covered interior pillars, available heated and cooled front seats and an available heated steering wheel (also available on Yukon Denali models). Escalade models also offer enhanced radio systems and an available DVD entertainment system that includes flip-down screens for the second- and third-row occupants.

As if the current third row was inhabitable in the first place. That'll probably be the GMT900's weak points -- lack of third row space, no folding third row, and if the general architecture remains the same, poor access to the 2nd row (B-pillar in the way). Apparently, the 3 inches of length is equivalent to 17 inches of crush space... so that's good.

[post="17217"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Having a really comfortable third row would obfuscate the need for a Suburban.

wow, that interior is so nice, I crapped in my pants in disbelief. I mean it, I frickin filled my pants with a big old hot carl it was so good. that thing is 40 years ahead of the current tahoe in terms of interiors. Even if the dash plastic is as cheap ass as the new 06 Impala, the design and layout and everything else is a LIGHTYEARS kind of improvement and it shows to me REAL PROGRESS moving forward at GM. My God, I am amazed and am in utter disbelief. Who frickin cares about the transmission. the interior alone will win converts in the yuppie crowd. Wait till the soccer moms get into it at the car shows. no one will give two hoots about mpg or 4 speed auto when mommy sees she's got a big ass console to stuff her purse in. Edited by regfootball

I really like the exterior, even the rear end. When I first saw the unauthorized pics, I didn't like the rear end much, but it looks fine here. The interior looks very good. The fit and finish is superb, and the materials don't look bad, I just hope they're better than the Impala's, as they look somewhat similar. The climate control looks pretty cool; I want to see what the non-NAV radio looks like. The attention to detail is very good: all the chrome rings around basically everthing, the aluminum (at least it would appear to be aluminum, could be fake) around the vents, and the little chrome inserts between all the buttons. My only real complaint on the interior is the column shifter. Now time to actually read the press release as I just got home from school.

Just some random notes as I read the press release: -Sounds like they'll be extremely safe -Will all of them get the rear camera? -Power rear liftgate! -Power running boards -Optional 20s on the Tahoe and Yukon, 22s on the Escalade! -It sounds like the Yukon and Tahoe share interiors, with the Escalade's being unique. -"Second-row seat legroom and knee room, and third-row seat headroom are increased over the previous models. " -Escalade has white LED instrument panel lighting -6.0L and 6.2L have VVT -Apparantly the Tahoe is only available with the 4.8 and 5.3? -20.5MPG for 2WD 5.3L and 20.1MPG for 4WD is awesome!

Like everyone else here, I love the interior. It looks great, especially for a truck. I'm not real crazy about the exterior, though. There's not enough of an evolution in the design. In my opinion, this redesign just barely brings the Tahoe up to date. In just a couple of years I think it will already look old.

I really like the exterior, even the rear end. When I first saw the unauthorized pics, I didn't like the rear end much, but it looks fine here.

The interior looks very good. The fit and finish is superb, and the materials don't look bad, I just hope they're better than the Impala's, as they look somewhat similar. The climate control looks pretty cool; I want to see what the non-NAV radio looks like. The attention to detail is very good: all the chrome rings around basically everthing, the aluminum (at least it would appear to be aluminum, could be fake) around the vents, and the little chrome inserts between all the buttons.

My only real complaint on the interior is the column shifter.

Now time to actually read the press release as I just got home from school.

[post="17472"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Column shifter? I guess I was so excited about the interior being modern and nice and beautiful that I didn't see that.

Boo...

Having a really comfortable third row would obfuscate the need for a Suburban.

[post="17443"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Suburban's third row is the same as the Tahoe's I thought? I thought the Suburban was basically the same but with a bunch of room behind the third row.

My overall verdict? Well, based upon what I can see here, FIRST-CLASS! GM seems to have duplicated the kind of quality job that they've really only done on the Corvette. My ONLY reservations......the exterior is beautiful IF a bit too close to the old model. I would have preferred a more aggressive change. However, I DO still like it and think it's quite attractive. The interior appears to be best-in-class....! I only wish there was an optional floor-mounted shifter with the bucket seat/console setup. There's a TON of people that prefer that kind of setup and a nice floor shifter with a nice, gated shift pattern would bring a bit of import-like sophistication for all those people that might have chosen a high-end European or Japanese import truck. A four-speed automatic? I don't need to go ANY further here.....TOTALLY unacceptable, GM.....I don't care what ANYONE says.... We all can pretty much assume the engines will be as good or better than they have been....and they were pretty good to begin with. I just hope the ride-and-handling is tied down way better than it was with the older versions. The previous generation had way too much slop in the steering and handling......even compared to other leviathans like the Expedition, etc. Time will tell if the third-row seating will be acceptable.....or if the chassis and powertrain quality lives up to expectations....but from first glance, I say.... WAY TO GO GM!

The Suburban's third row is the same as the Tahoe's I thought? I thought the Suburban was basically the same but with a bunch of room behind the third row.

[post="17491"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, not at all. Not only is the 2nd seat back a little bit farther in the Suburban, but so is the 3rd seat, pushed back further into the cargo hold and because the wheel base is also longer, the floor steps down where your feet go in the Suburban's 3rd row and is actually just as comfortable as sitting in any of the other 2 rows.

Now the Tahoe, that's a different story. It's simply a case of having a flat cargo floor, from the second row back, and latching a set of seats right down to that floor--your butt sits right at floor level, knees in the air, and forward leg room lacking. Not as bad as something like a Toyota Highlander with it's joke of a 3rd seat, but the smaller Explorer is more comfortable and more naturally positioned to sit in.

No wonder we went for the Suburban....cargo AND passenger room.

I know the press reports and the news releases say 20 mpg unadjusted combined, whatever unadjusted means, but I'm really having a hard time believing that they will get that in combined mileage. The 4.8 gets 21 combined and it doesn't even have DoD. I can't wait to see the real specs. Make me a believer GM.

Typical GM. Why would they ever make a true "no compromises" vehicle? They really should be ashamed. Nissan has had a 5speed in their trucks since, what, 2004? GM can't even release a 2007 model without the lame 4 speed. Someone realllllll stupid is making decisions around GM. 4 speeds in 2007. Just WOW. I was excited when I saw the debut. This just killed it all. I guarantee this will be slower than today's Armada. How depressing. Edited by bcs296

Typical GM. Why would they ever make a true "no compromises" vehicle? They really should be ashamed. Nissan has had a 5speed in their trucks since, what, 2004? GM can't even release a 2007 model without the lame 4 speed. Someone realllllll stupid is making decisions around GM. 4 speeds in 2007. Just WOW. I was excited when I saw the debut. This just killed it all. I guarantee this will be slower than today's Armada. How depressing.

[post="17508"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What's on of the things the extra gear supposed to get you? Better fuel economy, right? Armada gets, what, 15.5mpg for an EPA average? Sequoia gets 16.5mpg, same as the Durango. Even the smaller, V6 Honda Pilot gets a hair under 20 (19.5mpg). GM uses a 4-speed and apparently gets a combined average of over 20mpg. Amazing.

As far as the shifter location, IMO, its far more intelligent and sensible to maximize the interior storage space of a utility vehicle like a large SUV. A gated floor shifter is, for all intents and purposes, useless. I will say the Escalade would be fine offering a floor shifter since that '900 is geared more towards luxury than utility. The Yukon and Tahoe use what they have to the fullest, making them the better choice.

Besides the 4-speed and lack of fold-flat seats, what is lacking?

IT DOESN'T MATTER. The point is that there shouldn't be any of this "Besides x, y, and z...." EVERYTHING should have been done right and done right the first time. GM can't afford not to.

What's on of the things the extra gear supposed to get you? Better fuel economy, right? Armada gets, what, 15.5mpg for an EPA average? Sequoia gets 16.5mpg, same as the Durango. Even the smaller, V6 Honda Pilot gets a hair under 20 (19.5mpg). GM uses a 4-speed and apparently gets a combined average of over 20mpg. Amazing.

You are using GM's favorite "Good enough" thinking which is just unacceptable. WHY should we still be making up excuses? You read the benefits of the 6 speed in the press release. It's just plain better. It makes for better acceleration, better gas mileage, and better towing. Like I said, GM penny pinching at its best.

You won't be there to explain that the 4 speed is "good enough" when consumers read C&D/MT/R&T's bashing of it. Edited by bcs296

IT DOESN'T MATTER. The point is that there shouldn't be any of this "Besides x, y, and z...." EVERYTHING should have been done right and done right the first time. GM can't afford not to.

[post="17516"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It can't have everything for everyone. I would have liked to have seen a baby Duramax in this along with all of GMs other trucks, but that ain't going to happen.

EDIT: Damn, I write like a moron! All the missing words have been added. Edited by Derek77

As far as the shifter location, IMO, its far more sophisticated and sensible to maximize the interior storage space of a utility vehicle like a large SUV. A gated floor shifter is, for all intents and purposes, useless.

[post="17511"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

the point might be that MPG could have been even better and utterly crushed the competition. with any luck that 6 speed will be in all models or 2008. that damned 3rd row.... how can a trailblazer have a better 3rd row?
good truck otherwise. i can sell a few dozen of those. B) Edited by honest trev

I have a question, is the 6 speed tranny really that much better? Where are the comparison's between a 4 speed and 6 speed in identical vehicles and motors? The only thing I could see where the 6 speed would be better is maybe for towing. As far as the extra 500lbs of the vehicle, that will be nice when towing, although the amount of these used for towing vs getting milk will likly be slim. In which it would have been nice to have kept it around 5k lbs for fuel economy.

I have a question, is the 6 speed tranny really that much better? Where are the comparison's between a 4 speed and 6 speed in identical vehicles and motors? The only thing I could see where the 6 speed would be better is maybe for towing. As far as the extra 500lbs of the vehicle, that will be nice when towing, although the amount of these used for towing vs getting milk will likly be slim. In which it would have been nice to have kept it around 5k lbs for fuel economy.

[post="17535"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Simple logic.....

More gears equals (usually) less spread between gear ratios....equalling quicker acceleration and better use of the engine's power.

Also, depending on the final drive ratio versus the top gear ratio, a 5th or 6th gear can provide a bit more relaxed cruise with slightly better fuel economy. With enough gears, you can combine this with a lower 1st gear ratio for even better off-the-line grunt.

Finally, there's the argument that a 6-speed automatic has a better chance of finding the right gear for the specific driving condition. A GOOD one also doesn't "hunt" between all the gears (our X5 w/a 6-speed auto is a great example.

I'm not sure that the Duramax with the Tahoe would have sold that well. It's a pretty expensive option, and lots of people are opposed to diesels for whatever reason. I agree a 6-speed should be standard, and I don't understand why they can't have it ready, unless they're waiting to convert ALL 4-speed production to 6-speeds when the Silverado and Sierra come. Maybe they can't produce enough of both so they're waiting to just produce 6-speeds? I dunno, just a guess.

Guest YellowJacket894
Wow! Doesn't disappoint at all. I have great expectations for this one when I go to the dealer. Which, most recent Chevy's have not let me down when I see them in the flesh. Ford and everyone else are toast.

Column shifter?  I guess I was so excited about the interior being modern and nice and beautiful that I didn't see that.

Boo...

[post="17490"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If I remember correctly, there was a rumor that the column shifter was only on lesser models, but this appears to be a pretty uplevel Tahoe. Maybe they meant the Escalade and Yukon/Denalis would have the floor shifter?