Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Lexus Gets "F"-ed

Lexus Gets "F"-ed

Posted Image

'F,' as it turns out, stands for 'fast,' and will grace the trunk lid of Lexus vehicles that seek to do battle amidst the AMGs and Ms of the world.

The first F-inagled Lexus to make its debut will be a hotted-up version of the IS sedan, equipped with a 5-liter V8. What was originally assumed to be called the IS500, the newly dubbed IS-F will come with a revised version of the V8 that resides in the LS600h L and will produce upwards of 425 HP. Pricing is expected to come in around $50k, and is aimed squarely at the upcoming M3.

Other models expected to get the 'F' treatment include the GS sedan and a coupe version of the IS.

Autoblog

Is that the best Toyota marketing could come up with? Between this and the "tough T" [read: pig nose] logo for Toyota Trucks, they're trying way too hard to fit in. I can already here the jokes that will be made about Lexus getting the 'F' treatment.

I'm buying me a Lexus LS600h L F

or... was that a LF600h L

maybe it was a L600FLH

f@#k it...

I'm getting a Lexus L0L

223816[/snapback]

It'd probably be LS-Fh.

On a performance model, though, it's almost wasteful to advertise that it's also a hybrid.

I'm buying me a Lexus LS600h L F

or... was that a LF600h L

maybe it was a L600FLH

f@#k it...

I'm getting a Lexus L0L

223816[/snapback]

:lol:

F is for f@#ktard!

Let's focus on the letter attached to the car so we can avoid actually talking about the car itself. It's easier to make fun of Lexus that way. :rolleyes:

IS + 5.0-liter V-8= Who the f*ck cares what it's called.

Let's focus on the letter attached to the car so we can avoid actually talking about the car itself.  It's easier to make fun of Lexus that way.  :rolleyes: 

IS + 5.0-liter V-8= Who the f*ck cares what it's called.

223842[/snapback]

I want to see them put that power to the ground..... something only BMW has been able to do with total success.

The M3 and RS4 will be better if you're looking for something small and the CTS-V and C55 AMG will be better if you want something more midsized (though the C is still tall).

F is a dumb name. Who names there car the IS Fast? V-Series stands denotes the Vx engine. M stands for Motorsport, AMG has some significance to the original people who started it, I'm not sure if RS stands for anything though. But picking F for Fast is one of the dumbest things I've heard. It's worse than SHAWD. If nothing else, LPG, Lexus Performance Group or something similar would have sounded better and had a reasonable meaning.

Ok, I'm always up for bashing Toyota a little, but I don't see a problem with this at all.

IS500 would have been a better name, IMHO..but whatever.. I wonder if Infiniti will retaliate with a G35 performance model?

I wonder if Infiniti will retaliate with a G35 performance model?

224012[/snapback]

Shoehorn their 5.6L?

That'd be a blast. :D

FAST makes performance intakes for LSx engines:

Posted Image

Now we have the Lexus Fast line. Seriously, "Lexus Performance Group" sounds professional and upscale. "Fast" sounds like a tuner or something, and I guess it's technically a tuner model, but it would be more fitting of Scion.

Reality Check:

'F' is a reference to F1, as in Toyota's Formula 1 racing team. The 'F' logo posted above is even derived from Toyota's F1 logo. The article is wrong in claiming "fast" as what 'F' refers to.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have a feeling you guys would've bashed whatever they chose to name their performance division anyway...so does it really matter? :P

I have a feeling you guys would've bashed whatever they chose to name their performance division anyway...so does it really matter? :P

224066[/snapback]

Nope. Apparently the M3, RS4, C55 AMG, and CTS-V are all already better than the IS-F, even though 4/5 of them have yet to even debut. Weird.

Reality Check: 

'F' is a reference to F1, as in Toyota's Formula 1 racing team.  The 'F' logo posted above is even derived from Toyota's F1 logo.  The article is wrong in claiming "fast" as what 'F' refers to. 

224065[/snapback]

Ok, that makes more sense. I think they should have just named it F1 then, but maybe F1 wouldn't let them.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook