Variance

Spied: 2008 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

27 posts in this topic

Spied: 2008 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

Posted Image

I'll say this for the Chrysler Group, even though they've made recent products that make various Chinese cars look good, they haven't screwed up their LX line of vehicles.

Take for example possibly one of the hottest wagons in the world...

Dubspeed Driven

Out of all of Chrysler's products the SRT-8 Magnum is one of my very favorites. Now if I could just convince my... girlfriend :lol: That is a tasteful update, and I do hope the interior got some tlc too.

Edited by RJB

That is a good update on the front. I like it! Hopefully Chrysler will soon facelift the Sebring and kill the Compass.

Hotness.

The only thing I'd change is how it looks like the rear's higher than the front. Looks unbalanced to me.

I keep wondering if the LX line will be the sole bright spot in the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep lineup. They just seem untouchable by everyone else in most levels in the rear drive/AWD full size car market.

I hope that the rest of the divisions and line ups shine more brightly and soon.

Regarding the LX cars being untouchable, good.

The new front looks sexier, more menacing. The new headlights look like they have a brow over them, much better than the current, "wide eyed" look. A solid improvement.

Guest YellowJacket894

You know, I like it. It's hard to screw up the LX cars. They're a true bright spot in DCX current muck of products ranging from sub par (Nitro) to offensive (Sebring) to stupid (Compass).

Let's hope the interior doesn't suffer from Playskool Syndrome.

I like the current design better so this is a downgrade, IMO. I think the current one has a more menacing appearance, more attitude.

I dunno. I liked the big, brutish grille better.

The Magnum still kicks ass though, so I'm not complaining.

Looking good... conservative but a far cry from

the Camry and besides it's what's under that

plastic/metal skin that counts.

Viva la Pushrod V8s!

I, too, like the bigger, bolder grille of the current one more.

And the headlights remind me of the Shadow too. This redesign looks cheaper and more reminiscent of the '90s than the current Magnum. Downgrade.

meh.

wasn't crazy about the old headlights, but i like this even less. bout time they put the hood scoop on. Its been in the works for 2 MY's now

I was never that wild about the somewhat bland body styling of the Magnum or of its unoriginal headlights (I'd prefer the Dodge car line to be styled after the 1999 Charger R/T concept car, rather than the current blocky, "tough" direction some have taken), but taking after the Hornet/Challenger concept grille isn't really something one should do. Still a hot car, if only because its a Dodge, it has a HEMI, and its painted Inferno Red.

the headlights look like the audi A8 headlights. The car is better looking now and why the heck didnt they make a full lineup of magnums. you know coupe sedan wagon

not a bad idea