Saab 9-5 renderings

20XX SAAB 9-5?
Link to Original Article @ InfoMotori

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Directly from the amazing concept Saab Aero X, here you are the first pictures computer works?) of new Saab 9-5. The car looks great, a big, luxury sedan with a sporty attitude. Big alloy wheels and low cab make this Saab look like Aston Martin Rapide or upcoming Porsche Panamera.

The four door coupè Mercedes CLS is going to have a lot of rivals… on of them comes from Sweden! Infomotori.co.uk will keep you updated on the developing of the new Saab 9-5, that’s sure.

Not exactly sure what to make of these, as the ones from the front and rear 3/4 do not exactly jive with the profile. Interesting none the less.

I agree, I love it. SAAB was always a brand that stood out with distinction and here it is. The only nation that is building unique looking automobiles anymore are the French, and some of that styling is getting passed on with Nissan products.

That is a digusting over-exploitation of the 4DC bodystyle.

If they do style it that way, they need to look at their past. I always thought the SAAB 96 was a gorgeous vehicle.

post-2809-1183993042_thumb.jpg

post-2809-1183993358_thumb.jpg

They need to use that as inspiration. I'm all for the Aero-X looks in the front, but if Saab wants to tell itself that it's "Born From Jets", take inspiration from vehicles that really were.

I don't think any Saab will be "Sweden's Style Leader" over Volvo, but a vhicle like this certainly will give it a fighting chance.

I like it a lot... stylistically.

Fron the 3/4 rear view it almost looks like a 2012 intrepid.

I wonder if GM will let Saab release such a vehicle. Plus, if they do, how long will we have to wait for it. 2013?

It's a unique and interesting design that I hope GM greenlights into production as soon as possible.

The sides are rather funky, but I like the front and rear. Hopefully the sides are more like the CLS if they're going for the short decklid look.

Yup, the front and rear are nice (esp. the rear), but the side looks too bulky and unattractive.

The rear 3/4 and the side shot don't match. The rear shot looks like the roofline ends a few inches ahead of the rear, giving it a bit of a rear deck, while the side shot shows the roofline not ending until the rear of the car, making it look funny (ala Chrysler Crossfire coupe). I like everything but the side profile picture.

The rear 3/4 and the side shot don't match. The rear shot looks like the roofline ends a few inches ahead of the rear, giving it a bit of a rear deck, while the side shot shows the roofline not ending until the rear of the car, making it look funny (ala Chrysler Crossfire coupe). I like everything but the side profile picture.

Those chops are not all that recent... Anyway, I doubt the actual car will be as dramatic as the chops suggest. I am dying to see it. I rmemeber reading somewhere the 9-5 will be the 2nd Epsilon II car to be unveiled in Europe, after the NG Vectra.

Clearly the middle 3/4-rear view is a different design, and that one is quite interesting. But the front is very very tired and needs to be dumped. It hasn't been a draw since the '80s and regardless of the decades it's been reguritated onto the showroom floor, there's not much value in it, IMO.

That middle car is slick, but the showroom version will be hard pressed to come even close in proportion & line.

I saw this shot on the front page and thought "wow...it's wide, it's low, it looks sexy!"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I saw this one and thought "well, it's no one's '08 CTS or G8, but still, nothing as awful as the Sebring..."

Posted Image

This pic sealed the coffin...so many things wrong with it...mainly, the morbily obese stern. This didn't work on the Chrysler Nassau, and it doesn't work here either.

:yuck:

Edited by DetroitNut90

Looks controversial.

Doesn't need to be conservative so much as cohesive.

A true executive car in this market needs a six (which can still be turboed) I'd hope Saab pulls one out of the GM parts bin (or if a spinoff is in the works, designs their own).

It also better not be a strict frontie.

The profile would be substantially better if C-pillar didn't slop to the edge of the car but instead stopped short of it and the car had a short trunk instead.

Maybe if it had flying buttresses. Edited by LosAngeles

QUOTE(stickmax @ Jul 10 2007, 03:33 PM)

The profile would be substantially better if C-pillar didn't slop to the edge of the car but instead stopped short of it and the car had a short trunk instead.

Maybe if it had flying buttresses.

I'm imagining something more along the lines of the Chevy SS concept and less similar to the Opel Insignia concept.

• 3 weeks later...