Posted Image
Posted Image

2008 Honda Accord Coupe
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The sedan looks so dopey and why the Element grille?

Base-level interior is completely unimpressive.

Sedan is ugly.

Coupe is nice.

Sedan is uninspired, reminds me of a Sonata. Interior is nice, seats appear wide, as does the center console armrest.

I just dont like the looks of the coupe. The rear end looks puckered up like a homophobe's butt in his first gay bar.

Hmmm...some BMW wannabe in the doors. I like the biege leather interior with the plood..the gray base interior is too dull.

The lower slots in the bumper doesn't match the grille and look cheap and ugly...remind me of a faceguard on an old football helmet.

So a cheap man's FWD BMW (at least interior wise).

The sedan looks bad, nothing exciting baout it or stylish. The coupe tries to hard to be a BMW, and the gap between the coupe's hood and front fascia is huge. The BMW interior is blatant and looks cramped.

Congrats to Honda for making a car that looks more like a Hyundai than a HYUNDAI does these days. :rolleyes:

I think the exterior actually looks very nice, even if the greenhouse is very 5er. The interior basically looks like a TSX with more buttons, not too impressed there.

Hah...

Well, I personally think the new Malibu just became irrelevant. Is it exciting? No, but neither is the Malibu. Is it bland? Certainly, but so is the Malibu. Both the coupe and sedan look quite nice in their own respect and the interior sets a new midsize benchmark. Call it a Sonata all you want, but in the end, the Sonata is just an Accord rip-off in the first place. Durrr. The only resemblance you can accurately state is the obvious BMW flavor it has.

It will sell quite well, no doubt. Much nicer than the Camry, inside and out. And Honda will continue to contribute to the Ohio economy.

It clearly has BMW-envy. I like the cleaner looks of the current Accord better.

I like it. It has some arty details that are almost risque. It's interesting, expensive-looking... much better than the Camry and should sell well.

anybody else getting a ridgeline feel from the grille? i dont like it

I like how they did 2 separate fascias for the ones w/ and w/o foglights, instead of nasty black plugs like so many carmakers do...though I think the lower venting on the coupe is nicer than the sedan's...

Sedan looks like a Hyundai Sonata !

Congrats to Honda for making a car that looks more like a Hyundai than a HYUNDAI does these days. :rolleyes:

Both x2

The front is looking good but I guess all the good talent was sent on to different tasks and the rear was left to the design interns. The interior is a step down from the current gen, which is damn near perfect in my eyes.

within the last hour I've changed my tune. I don't care much for the looks. too many borrowed styling elements and overall chaos. aura/malibu both are more attractive.

Only thing 'arty' about this car is the way is attempts to be unoriginal. again, honda proves it can never lead in styling.

there is a real cheap korean quality to the exterior.

it should be interesting to see what buyers do. this is a downgrade from the current model, in terms of mainstreamability. honda really shot themselves in the foot vs. camry.

looks like the next mazda6 has an easy path to the title now. mazda fans say yeah.

The next generation of Accord buyers will have three powertrains to choose from, including the beefy, 3.5-liter i-VTEC V-6. It makes a solid 268 hp, and though that's five less than Honda originally expected, you wouldn't notice on the road. In the sedan, this engine gives you a solid, aggressive launch feel, and in the coupe, you'll find yourself pushed deeply into the new sport seats.

In the weeks after our New England ride-and-drive, Honda modestly downgraded ratings for the other two powertrain packages, as well. For the most mileage-minded of customers, there's a 177-horsepower in-line four. It delivers acceptable levels of acceleration, but the word, "anemic" might come to mind. A nice compromise can be found in the form of the 190-hp in-line four.

Depending on model and body style, you have the option of a five or six-speed manual (the latter exclusive on the Accord EX-L Coupe with V-6), or a 5-speed automatic, standard on the V-6 sedan. All automatic transmissions get a new shift-hold function. This ensures they won't be hunting and seeking between gears at the wrong time, especially when charging through a tight corner.

Fuel economy has become a much bigger selling point since the launch of the last Accord, and Honda has some good news for V-6 buyers, the sedan now yielding 19 mpg City, 29 Highway, compared to 20 and 29 for the outgoing Accord. So, why's that good news? Because the federal government recently changed its testing procedure to bring its figures closer to real-world results. So, if the 2007 model were subjected to the same revisions, its mileage numbers would drop to 18/26. So, after all that, it comes down to a modest improvement around town and a 3 mpg jump in highway driving.

The LX's 2.5-liter in-line four, meanwhile, delivers 21 City and 31 Highway, the same as the '07 model, which would mean 24/34 mpg using the old federal testing system.

21/31? how does the new malibu compare?

Edited by regfootball

this bad effort makes me think honda fans should snap up a tsx or tl before the decent honda options get taken away

Everything impacts sales these days, in the hotly competitive market. Last year, Accord sales dipped to 360,000, down from a peak of 386,000, with the outgoing, seventh-generation, and an all-time Accord best of 416,000.

Part of the problem, admits Honda planner Gary Robinson, is that to some potential buyers, Accord has become, er, sensible. Like old shoes, practical and boring. No wonder the average buyer's age is now 50, up from 41 a decade or so ago. Younger, hipper buyers, the company concedes, have been opting for sportier offerings, notably the Nissan Altima. But Toyota's Camry is also picking off Honda's more conservative set.

So it's going to be a tough challenge to win back either group, if not both. Of course, the recent run-up in fuel prices will help since, says marketing chief Bonawitz, "We're seeing movement back to mid-size sedans from SUVs" and other truck-like vehicles.

50!

Edited by regfootball

within the last hour I've changed my tune. I don't care much for the looks. too many borrowed styling elements and overall chaos. aura/malibu both are more attractive.

What? You were actually positive on a Honda product on hour ago??? I don't believe it.

it should be interesting to see what buyers do. this is a downgrade from the current model, in terms of mainstreamability. honda really shot themselves in the foot vs. camry.

This accord is a upgrade in every way from the previous. I am not to excited about the increase in size... next thing you know they will put in a bench seat.

But as a 3.2 TL owner, I am excited to see the 3.5 offering more power and better fuel economy while not requiring premium gas. Too bad there is no 6MT sedan with VCM. Hopefully I will be able to cross-shop with a 300+ HP AVtec SH-AWD TL 6MT in the near future.

21/31? how does the new malibu compare?

For the V6's:

The 3.6 in the Malibu should be similar to that in the Aura. It gets 17/26 compared to the Accord's 19/29. HP is 16 less in the Malibu. Torque is 4(?) more.

For the 4 cyls:

According to the EPA the 2.4 in the Aura gets 22/30 compared (though I'm not sure if that is the 6AT) to 21/31 in the Accord. HP in the Malibu will be 164(?) compared to 177 or 190 in the Accord. Aside from the similar fuel economy numbers, the performance most likely won't be comparable.

Stats from here:

http://media.gm.com/ca/gm/en/releases/2007...et%20Malibu.htm

and here:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov

I like it, coupe moreso than sedan.

It's not terrible. Yeah, it looks like a Bimmer knock-off, but at least it wasn't the Chinese attempting to crib Bangle's sometimes-abominations. It will do fine in it's class, yet again.

I expected better from Honda. A total mishmash of cliched styling cues slapped together, and the sedan looks like a new Sebring from the A-pillar back. Not very impressive

Wow, that's a great looking new hyundai. That's not a hyundai you say? Are you sure?

You gotta love that advance crap they put in the honda. You know the 5 speed automatic. Wow! :rolleyes: :AH-HA_wink:

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again.

1. When GM had too many confusing buttons, as this honda does, they got blasted for it. Why does everybody love it now that honda and toyota do it?

2. When GM made the stereos impossible to replace with aftermarket stereos, like this honda does, they got blasted for it. With Honda it makes the dash look cool?

Sorry, I hated it when GM did this crap, why should I like this?

Edited by Dsuupr