Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RJB

G8 photos from Woodward Dream Cruise

46 posts in this topic

People might think its odd, but I like window controls in the center. I don't have to switch hands on the steering wheel.

People might think its odd, but I like window controls in the center. I don't have to switch hands on the steering wheel.

My dad's old BMW 735i (RIP) had buttons in the center as well. It's not a bad thing.

The paint job looks great. I like the exhaust pipes, the wheels, the door handles and the small, tasteful spoiler. The updated logo is cool. Edited by ocnblu

What is to keep in mind here is that this is only the standard GT model and it looks good. We will ge more agressive parts, flashier interior, bigger wheels and brakes etc soon.

As one might note most of the snobs at Autoblog seem to like this car as only a few ignorent troll ave piped in. This a good sign and I think when prices are anounced it will also be pleasing to many. I expect this car to sell well I just hopw the dealers don't get greedy like they did on the GTO.

The G8 will be a very popular car in LA area for GM and that is something they dearly need.

As for the window controls on the console how much more Pontiac can you get as this was a place the TA had theirs. Just be glad it is not like an Alfa with them on the headliner console.

This will be he best Damn Sedan Pontiac has had in many years.

Just which emblem will we get on the nose?

This car continues to grow on me...I think I like it better than the new CTS actually.

As for the window switch placement -- that's exactly where they are in my BMW. Same place in my '99 Miata too. No big deal.

Gorgeous. Absolutely stunning. And what's under the skin* is even more beautiful!

* Longitudinally mounted pushrod V8, RWD & sohisticated Zeta chassis.

I was looking at a '63 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500 XL (bucket/console) recently and it had the power window switches & window lock on the console also.

Personally, I prefer them on the door, but it's not a make-or-break thing for me.

This car continues to grow on me...I think I like it better than the new CTS actually.

As for the window switch placement -- that's exactly where they are in my BMW. Same place in my '99 Miata too. No big deal.

Completely agree.

I love it. If I wanted a sedan, this car would be my choice. I also prefer having the window switches on the console instead of on the doors.

Odd how no one is even looking at it. :P

You had to make some smartass remark, didn't you? Go play with your boring W-bodies and leave the G8 alone...:)

I saw this car Saturday On Woodward too and it didn't exactly get my heart racing. I don't know why, maybe it was because I spent the previous 3 days looking at thousands of old muscle cars but my jaw didn't drop when I walked up and checked it out. It looks like a BMW with a Pontiac logo which is probably a good thing for Pontiac. Maybe a quick test drive would get my motor running.

I saw this car Saturday On Woodward too and it didn't exactly get my heart racing. I don't know why, maybe it was because I spent the previous 3 days looking at thousands of old muscle cars but my jaw didn't drop when I walked up and checked it out. It looks like a BMW with a Pontiac logo which is probably a good thing for Pontiac. Maybe a quick test drive would get my motor running.

I expect it would.

I was looking at a '63 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500 XL (bucket/console) recently and it had the power window switches & window lock on the console also.

Personally, I prefer them on the door, but it's not a make-or-break thing for me.

60's T birds had them there too.

If the switches are that much of a problem to anyone they were not in the market for this car in the first place.

When I see console-mounted window controls, I think Mercedes..that's been an M-B thing for decades (console or center-stack mounted).

The Jeep Liberty has 'em that way, which was an MB influence, I assume..

I don't really care for the wheels...I'm so tired of 5 spoke wheels..waaay overdone. I'd rather see something w/ more spokes..or maybe black spokes w/ silver rim.

i am really MCLOVIN' this car!

but, RWD only, no stick w/ v6, no DI, arg. pretty much means no sale for me.

an AWD 3.6DI with stick would be perfect for me.

not really any sound insulation on the hood, is there?

i strongly prefer window swtiches on the door because its a much handier place to use them from, i.e. when you are outside the car and just want to open the door to operate the window switch, or at a toll booth or drive thru its easier because everything is to your left already. plus, swtiches on the console rob space you would use to put stuff while driving.

is that a STALK MOUNTED CRUISE CONTROL?????

another big time thumbs down

Edited by regfootball

And those wheels are STILL hideous.

I kinda like 'em. Not as nice as the HSV wheels on the gray show car, but personally I think those were a great design but too big. I don't really like anything over 18-19 inches on cars.

Settle down everyone! Man everyone is so nitpicky about this car, we should rejoice that Pontiac is coming out with a RWD sedan, and this one shown is just a base model. I of course can't wait to see the GT.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0