"I said MARCH, young man!"

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a black 2009 Ford F150 Platinum Crew Cab in traffic today...looked pretty sharp. It had a Michigan mfgr plate, several antennas, and a strange thing on the roof that looked like a 2-headed spigot. Probably doing some high-altitude suburbia testing..(I saw it in Highlands Ranch--a natural habitat for SUVs and 4dr pickups, which is Denver's 'poster child for sprawl' suburb, that made it on the cover of National Geographic in the '90s).

Edited by moltar

A darker green Bentley Brooklands heading into one of the nastier parts of PG County, and an orange Alfa Romeo, either a 155 or 164, in the process of being riced.

Also, a blue Trailblazer with Michigan manufacturer plates (the old, solid blue style) came racing up I-95 this afternoon and almost took the trunk of my Intrigue with it. I dunno what business the guy driving it had in Baltimore, but he sure was going fast.

Yesterday, driving to school, saw a black '09 Jaguar XF crusing down the street with some slight filth. First saw the front and went "Hey!", but as I proceeded to look at it...was unsure. I really like it, especially things like the interior, but the aura it puts off is not Jaguar...or at least what I'm used to them being.

Yesterday, driving to school, saw a black '09 Jaguar XF crusing down the street with some slight filth. First saw the front and went "Hey!", but as I proceeded to look at it...was unsure. I really like it, especially things like the interior, but the aura it puts off is not Jaguar...or at least what I'm used to them being.

I think that's the point... to attract customers that don't like the old-timer looks of the XJ line.

Last Saturday at "Cars & Coffee" when I met AAS.......

Jaguar XF SV8

BMW M3 (2)

Audi R8

Lexus LS-F (2)

Z06 (like 8 of 'em)

Ford GT (7 or 8 of them)

Mustang GT500 (3)

Vector (2)

Lotus Esprit (2 old ones, like Bond's, 1 later S4)

There were a gazillion Ferraris, Lambos, and Porsches. Along with plenty of older hot rods and muscle cars including a few old Camaros. Plus, lots of old MINIs, Triumphs....all in like-new or restored condition. And there were some really pretty Jaguar old XK-Es....a couple of convertibles, and I think there was a coupe too.

AAS.....if I've missed something, let me know......

Edited by The O.C.

AAS.....if I've missed something, let me know......

There was also an Ariel Atom, one of those British "race cars" that one of the Top Gear guys did a show on, and that other British car that you said was super rare (I think the name started with an "n").

There was also an Ariel Atom, one of those British "race cars" that one of the Top Gear guys did a show on, and that other British car that you said was super rare (I think the name started with an "n").

Ahhh yes.....the Atom.....and the Noble.....that was the other car. But what British "race car?" I'm trying to remember?

Ahhh yes.....the Atom.....and the Noble.....that was the other car. But what British "race car?" I'm trying to remember?

It was a small tube-chassis car with sheet-metal panels. Really plain, orange... The only reason I recognized it is because Top Gear had an episode where they sent that chubby, curly-haired guy to race in one (the cars are used in some amateur racing series).

It was a small tube-chassis car with sheet-metal panels. Really plain, orange... The only reason I recognized it is because Top Gear had an episode where they sent that chubby, curly-haired guy to race in one (the cars are used in some amateur racing series).

:rotflmao:

That "chubby, curly-haired" guy is their STAR.....Jeremy Clarkson.....LOL

Consider him the "David E. Davis Jr." of the british motoring press.

BTW....as an aside....I heard confirmation that BBC America is going to be doing a U.S.A.-based TopGear TV show....!!!!!!! A U.S.A. based magazine will be developed and sold here as a compliment as well (just like TopGear TV show has the british TopGear magazine....)

theres a guy that runs a mechanic shop down the road from my house in this week i have seen his 1) 71 tripple black chevelle 2) sassy grass green 'cuda a 70 maybe 3) and just today my favorite. a 69 hugger orange ss 396 chevelle... man i envy that guy. which one should i take to work today???

G6 GXP, both coupe and sedan done up with the bugs bunny grill and superman spoiler on the lot. I like the point and make fun every time I drive by them.

Hah, I've seen one now, at the grocery store. AND, oddly enough, my '08 Malibu driving mother was with me when we saw it, and said "Hey, that's a LOT better than before. I like that." I think the scoops, wing, etc. really look like ricer 'r us, but for whatever reason, even she liked it...more than a regular G6. And so does my "old car only" brother, who apparently also dislikes the regular G6 "because it looks like a Pontiac Solara without the wing and stuff". I think the regular car is blah and has goofy proportions, so I guess the extra parts make it a bit more distinctive if anything.

Odd, just odd. It is bizarre how the G6 GXP package now harkens back to the dark 80's and 90's of Pontiac...something they were supposedly never going back to.

Odd, just odd. It is bizarre how the G6 GXP package now harkens back to the dark 80's and 90's of Pontiac...something they were supposedly never going back to.

G6 GXP--the G6 that wants to be a Grand Am.. :)

1940(?) Ford Standard

I saw the car this morning, on my way to the gf's house, but I didn't know what it was (besides being a Ford) until I saw it on the History channel. There was a show about bootleggers and rumrunners, and they were talking about Junior Johnson and showed him driving one.

I've seen a dark red '09 Vibe AWD the last couple days. It's not bad looking, but I hate it knowing it's a Toyota.

I've also seen an increasing number of Astras (mainly 5 doors) on the roads.

Also, today I saw my first truckload of G8s. It saddened me though; the truck's back end was in a ditch and the front end was on the road. Not sure how that happened, but it did look like the cars were alright...

Went for a post-lunch, post-meeting stroll around my office parking lots a few minutes ago to wake up (nice sunny 57-degree day here the Denver burbs). I saw a very clean late-60s/early-70s Merc 280SE sedan in a cream color, German plate on the front. Also saw a sharp Mexico Blue mid '70s 911.

OK....(yes, I was bored today).....I decided to do another, unscientific "car count" at Orange County's John Wayne Airport. I did this a couple years' ago, and it's an interesting way to see who's driving what these days.....

Plus, it's close to my house and compact so it's easy to get in and out of the airport car park.

I figure the airport is a good way to cut down on the number of rental cars, that would otherwise taint the sample. I'm assuming that most, if not all, of the people that are parking their car AT the airport probably live in the area and are travelling out on business or pleasure.....(if you were to drive through, say a mall parking lot, you'd most likely encounter alot more rentals from people visiting, etc.)

Total sample: 423 cars (cars and trucks combined)

Asians - 183 units, 43.3%

Domestics - 172 units, 40.7%

Europeans - 68 units, 16.1%

Toyota/Scion/Lexus - 87 units, 20.6%

GM (incl. Saab) - 67 units, 15.8%

FoMoCo - 62 units, 14.7%

Honda/Acura - 46 units, 10.9%

Other European (minus BMW, Benz) - 31 units, 7.3%

BMW - 25 units, 5.9%

Nissan/Infiniti - 25 units, 5.9%

Other Japanese - 14 units, 3.3%

Mercedes-Benz - 12 units, 2.8%

Korean - 11 units, 2.6%

Percent trucks/SUVs/Minivans: (I didn't separate out Lexus and Acura trucks....so not fair to compare to domestics....)

Ford - 83.9%

GM - 65.7%

ChryCo - 60.5%

Some interesting observations:

* Current model GM products (other than GMT-900 SUVs and P/Us) included.....1 Enclave, 1 (new) CTS, 1 LaCrosse, 2 Lucernes, 3 G6s, and 2 Impalas. The rest were older.

* No new Malibus, no old CTSs, no other Cadillacs besides 2 Escalades.

* All the ChryCo cars (17 of them) were made up of 3-4 PT Cruisers, 1 old Sebring coupe, and the rest were LX cars.

* Ford had the weakest car showing....only 10....made up of 1 Edge, 2 Freestyles, and 1 Sable/Montego. Rest were older.

* Domestic trucks/pickups/minivans/SUVs accounted for 70.9% of the domestic products in the lot.

* I was surprised Honda didn't have a stronger showing relative to Toyota.

* Surprisingly.....only 1 X5/X3 in the BMW count....leaving them with a strong showing of 24 cars (one more than GM's total car count of 23 cars.)

OK....(yes, I was bored today).....I decided to do another, unscientific "car count" at Orange County's John Wayne Airport. I did this a couple years' ago, and it's an interesting way to see who's driving what these days.....

Plus, it's close to my house and compact so it's easy to get in and out of the airport car park.

I figure the airport is a good way to cut down on the number of rental cars, that would otherwise taint the sample. I'm assuming that most, if not all, of the people that are parking their car AT the airport probably live in the area and are travelling out on business or pleasure.....(if you were to drive through, say a mall parking lot, you'd most likely encounter alot more rentals from people visiting, etc.)

Total sample: 423 cars (cars and trucks combined)

Asians - 183 units, 43.3%

Domestics - 172 units, 40.7%

Europeans - 68 units, 16.1%

Toyota/Scion/Lexus - 87 units, 20.6%

GM (incl. Saab) - 67 units, 15.8%

FoMoCo - 62 units, 14.7%

Honda/Acura - 46 units, 10.9%

Other European (minus BMW, Benz) - 31 units, 7.3%

BMW - 25 units, 5.9%

Nissan/Infiniti - 25 units, 5.9%

Other Japanese - 14 units, 3.3%

Mercedes-Benz - 12 units, 2.8%

Korean - 11 units, 2.6%

Percent trucks/SUVs/Minivans: (I didn't separate out Lexus and Acura trucks....so not fair to compare to domestics....)

Ford - 83.9%

GM - 65.7%

ChryCo - 60.5%

Some interesting observations:

* Current model GM products (other than GMT-900 SUVs and P/Us) included.....1 Enclave, 1 (new) CTS, 1 LaCrosse, 2 Lucernes, 3 G6s, and 2 Impalas. The rest were older.

* No new Malibus, no old CTSs, no other Cadillacs besides 2 Escalades.

* All the ChryCo cars (17 of them) were made up of 3-4 PT Cruisers, 1 old Sebring coupe, and the rest were LX cars.

* Ford had the weakest car showing....only 10....made up of 1 Edge, 2 Freestyles, and 1 Sable/Montego. Rest were older.

* Domestic trucks/pickups/minivans/SUVs accounted for 70.9% of the domestic products in the lot.

* I was surprised Honda didn't have a stronger showing relative to Toyota.

* Surprisingly.....only 1 X5/X3 in the BMW count....leaving them with a strong showing of 24 cars (one more than GM's total car count of 23 cars.)

Nice research O.C. You can be an Associate at a Management Consulting firm. My best friend went to school at UCR. He flew from John Wayne Airport often.

Subaru 2007 WRX Hatchback Black. Looked nice.

Nice research O.C. You can be an Associate at a Management Consulting firm. My best friend went to school at UCR. He flew from John Wayne Airport often.

Subaru 2007 WRX Hatchback Black. Looked nice.

There was one new Impreza.....but I don't recall it being a WRX.....

At the market today I saw a gorgeous 08 Malibu LTZ. Red Jewel, Sunroof open. Cashmere/Cocoa interior! Hot guy in the driver's seat. Gorgeous!

I think the car looked pretty because of the dude.

The extra charge black color on black interior, driven by a gorgeous chick. Gorgeous!

I think the car looked pretty because of the dude.

The extra charge black color on black interior, driven by a gorgeous chick. Gorgeous!

I noticed the car before the driver. It was spotless and the chrome just shined. The guy was just extra. lol