Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hyperv6

Solstice Targa at the New York Show?

79 posts in this topic

Autoblog is reporting the Solstice Targa may be seen in NewYork at the Autoshow.

Production is set to start January 2009 and they expect 10,000 units.

Yup, I'm looking forward to seeing it. That is if I can tear my eyes away from the G8 ST long enough to have a look.

sneak peak of the Solstice Targa? I found this on Pontiac's webpage and took a screen shot.

solstice_targa.png

Hopefully it will get better gas mileage than the current Solstice. I think that is the one thing that is killing sales.

Hopefully it will get better gas mileage than the current Solstice. I think that is the one thing that is killing sales.

Gas mileage isn't hurting sales as much as the complete lack of storage space (who wants a weekend roadster that cannot hold enough clothes for a weekend?) compared to the Miata.

Holy hotness, Batman. Where'd you find that at the site? I've been looking, but haven't been able to find that picture. Help!

Holy hotness, Batman. Where'd you find that at the site? I've been looking, but haven't been able to find that picture. Help!

go to G8.. #2 in the small box

Thanks, loki. It's what I've been hoping for ever since we saw the concept version. Simply gorgeous and hot.

Looks to have new rims, that is needed. Good Find, very happy to see the first real pic of this car, since I have been waiting since 2002...I hope at the show, we are able to see it with the top on and off.... now I am going to light a candle for the G8 coupe...

I am liking what I see. Thank goodness they didn't go with the EDAG bed cap.

Looks great... makes a lot more sense as a hardcore sports car than a delicate wind-in-the-sky roadster that competes against the Miata. It will be safer and more practical, too.

How about a track-ready Solstice Targa GT3 with a semi-roll cage, Portiasche? :P

Hmmmm, I saw a lot of them in Delaware, last time I was there. I wonder why? :AH-HA_wink: I even saw Opel GT's on I-95, I thought I was back in the Fatherland, oops, I mean Germany! :smilewide:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Hmmmm, I saw a lot of them in Delaware, last time I was there. I wonder why? :AH-HA_wink:

They build them there..

Very cool screenshot Lakefire. Thanks for posting that!

The Targa really looks hot. Nice!

Pontiac now has my favorite lineup in the market.

Only Holden does it better, and not by much.

I'd like to see a closed Opel GT.

Very, very hot. :drool:

Too bad it comes at the same time as the Camaro, though. :(

Very, very hot.

Too bad it comes at the same time as the Camaro, though.

Who needs a Camaro? You're really only buying to prove to PCS that you would anyways, right? :P

Edited by blackviper8891

Ya, i'm surprised they let something like this slip. I was trying to dig a little more for some hidden websites but had no luck.

The ST and the GXP had links like this for their images (1 through 5)

http://www.pontiac.com/images/newCars/G8_1.jpg

http://www.pontiac.com/images/newCars/GXP_1.jpg

I tried replacing the G8 and GXP with Solstice_1.jpg and Targa_1.jpg

ie: http://www.pontiac.com/images/newCars/Targa_1.jpg

Who needs a Camaro? You're really only buying to prove to PCS that you would anyways, right? :P

PCS doesn't have anything to do with my purchasing decision. :AH-HA_wink: I prolong that discussion because it's just plain old fun to mess with the ol' Sasquatch. :smilewide:

I will say that the sole factors that would keep me out of the Camaro (until it would appear used somewhere later on) and into something else would be a highly bloated MSRP and very retarded dealers (i.e. some of the stories I've heard about the latest gen Mustang when it hit dealers; I remember a guy writing into Car & Driver, bitching about how dealers were restricting test drives to serious customers only, as if it were a frigging Lamborghini; and I've heard another about a dealer who was trying to push only the models he had on the lot, and they were fully-loaded GT models with about a five-thousand "market adjusted price" on top of that, wouldn't even let someone order their own car, which would come in a lot more cheaper).

Edited by YellowJacket894

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0