ocnblu

The Latest Fall Fashions

Well, look at the calendar. I cannot belIEVE it's September already. What have you seen out on the roads this month? Post your spots here!:)

Saw the new TL. It looks much better in person, IMO. Very dynamic, and much more aggressive looking than the current old model. Almost RWD-like, with a cab-rearward stance and sloped C-pillar.

Just saw a new Mazda6 on the road today. caught me by surprise. i think it was the 4cyl. didn't have "true" dual exhaust.

it looked good, but i mostly saw the side and rear. the front screams rx8 and the rest is not that close to the last mazda6.

i'd need another look at it from more angles to give more of an opinion

Just saw a new Mazda6 on the road today. caught me by surprise. i think it was the 4cyl. didn't have "true" dual exhaust.

it looked good, but i mostly saw the side and rear. the front screams rx8 and the rest is not that close to the last mazda6.

i'd need another look at it from more angles to give more of an opinion

Wow, same here. I was heading down the highway in Rehoboth and passing through a green light, saw a filthy new gray '09 Mazda 6 4-cyl in a turning lane to the left crooked, trying to get back on the highway. Jersey driver, of course, lost in outer space without their circles and backwards turn around lanes. :stupid:

Looked good, but nothing shockingly standout...smooth, flowing lines and proper proportions, basically.

I wonder if it was a rental, caddycruiser... :scratchchin:

A beautiful 1967 Dodge Charger was the highlight of my spotting today

We got in a stunning new MKS today, and it was parked in the delivery area this afternoon, so it must have been a sold factory order. Rootbeer color, with the light tan leather and the 20" rims, AWD... zoiks.

Was sitting at the light this morning across the street from my local Cadillac store..they had a 1/2 dozen '08 CTSes, a white XLR, a couple STSes, a black STS-v, and a bright red G8 GT rotating on the corner dais... Shweeet.

saw another mazda 6, or the same one with plates this time.

Saw a gold '66 Chevelle ht this evening..very sharp condition. And a clean pale blue '64 or so Chevy pickup.

Someone at my school drives a red Grumman LLV diesel. I think he just might have the coolest car on campus.

Someone at your school daily drives a retired mail truck? That might be cool if it was one of the old Jeep DJ-5's, but the LLV is uuuuuuuuuugly. Pictures, please!

Saw a new Hyundai Elantra towing a tiny 2 wheeled stake bed trailer. Don't know why, just looked hilarious

Finally saw a Flex on the Interstate yesterday. Definitely NOT boring.

A few Mazda6. I've seen all 3 body styles available here, actually (sedan, 5-door and wagon). I'm reserving judgment until I see the US-spec car in person, but so far I think the Euro Mazda6 looks better.

Edited by ZL-1

Went to lunch and drove around a bit through the neighborhood one major street below mine..saw some oldies--white '60/61 Falcon 2dr, clean, pale blue '64 or so Valiant 2dr sedan, clean, and a baby blue '75 Olds 88 convertible, very clean.

After coming back from the Mazda dealer to peruse the new Mazda6... I saw an '09 Maxima on the road in all black. Still looks mean. :)

I saw a silver Challenger SRT8 on the rotating dais at the local Dodge store...sweet. First one I've seen outside of an auto show. I saw a sharp silver blue w/ white top mid '60s Corvette conv and a clean white 1976-77 4dr Dodge Aspen..haven't seen one of those in eons.

I saw an '09 Maxima on the road in all black. Still looks mean. :)

not in black, but i'm pretty sure i saw one...

Past six weeks or so:

1. 1968 Dodge Charger, black with flat black scallop stripes.

Julie actually saw this one like four times in our neighborhood

and her descriptions included girl-lingo like:

it was like one of those old-school classic muscle cars, from

the sixties or whatever... BIG giant drag tires and it had those

baby-rollerbalde tires mounted on bars that stick out from

under the rear bumper like a REAL dragster, and it's mean and

has something cool to look at from every angle!

Turns out she was right, this Mopar dragster makes Vin Diesel's

F&F Charger look like a Camry LE.

By comparison, the average big-block powered, ready for the

strip "pro-street" car is damn stock '75 Mustang II.

2. Nissan Sentra 2-door hatchback... (1988-1992?) NEVER seen one before, ever

3. '79 Camaro hardtop, 100% stock & original that was cleaner than an average

Pierce Arrow on the lawn at Pebble Beach. I as driving the Benz and gave him a

hearty thumbs up. It seemed to make him proud that some kid in an '80s yuppie

rocket was giving his '79 Chevy a compliment.

4. late 1960s era Peterbilt (359) carrying a tank-long distance gun that

(to my not-so-trained-eye) made a M1a Abrams tank look like a pea-shooter!

[i got photos of this, thank god will post them soon....]

5. clone of our 500SEC, down to the paint, except with th ugly, bulky

US bumpers, but customized with all-white (clear euro) lenses and

a kickass set of 20" rims.

Feast your eyes on one of under 2000...

dsc09849zx8.jpg

dsc09851hz6.jpg

And also this Autoway Chevrolet parts truck that is just damn cool.

dsc00119rh7.jpg

Yesterday I saw a couple neat old modified Chevy trucks...a blue '71-72 stepside, and a bronze early '80s stepside w/ tube grille. Saw a tattered brown w/ brown top '74 Valiant today, and a lt blue late '70s Pinto wagon.

New Honda Fits at "my" dealership. It's a more substantial car than the old. I want to drive one to try it out.

At Target today:

Saw a Lincoln MKS for the first time in the wild....black w/ dark window tint, tan leather interior...they look really sharp in person...I like the sculpturing and distinct pointyness to the centre of the rear bumper.

I parked next to a dark blue '80s Caddy Eldorado Biarittz convertible...looked great, except for the tacky gold trim.

Saw a dark gray Bentley Continental GT.

Saw a beautiful yellow 67 Camaro RS that was pristine and stock restored.

Also saw a red on red 63 Split window.

Chris

Also saw an early '80s Chevy Monte Carlo convertible lowrider in traffic today... purple with red and yellow graphics on the sides.

Saw an interesting variety of cars yesterday...2 '08 CTSes--dark gray and pearl white, 2 '08 Malibus that did not appear to be rentals (good news!), a new Mazda 6 in black (didn't realize they were out yet--pretty sharp), a red late model Lotus Esprit, a faded red '70s Lancia Beta coupe (haven't seen anything like that in ages).

Saw a Camaro mule all taped/camo'd up the other day... Kinda strange.

I've seen several A4s and A5s which look very sharp. Much more substantial looking than the 3er. The X6 is also very interesting; it looks better than the X5 I think.

Saw this parked at the curb, in white, made all the other cars around it look like dish rags.

rollsroycewhitevr4.jpg

Edited by HarleyEarl

This month, I've seen stuff like the following:

-International Scout

-International Travelall

-78-81 Malibu 4-dr. blacked out, nice and racy looking

-Ferrari Mondial on the freeway this afternoon

-chopped Mercury, probably 50 or 51

-61/62ish full-size Mercury

A yellow smart fortwo or whatever it's called sitting on a pre-owned lot in Lancaster.

OMG Mr. Nut, I drove by that yellow Smrt twice yesterday! What were you doing in town?

I saw the stealth Century again yesterday...(there is '97-05 Buick Century nearby that is painted entirely flat black--all the chrome, the wheels, everything).

There was a donked Taurus running around downtown York today. It had ventiports and 32s. :blink:

OMG Mr. Nut, I drove by that yellow Smrt twice yesterday! What were you doing in town?

Just looking around. There wasn't much going on at school here in York, so I decided to take a trip up to Harrisburg and figured I should hit Lancaster while I was out.

I saw two aircooled Bugs today... a tan one in the movie theater parking lot, and a white one for sale with Herbie livery. Both were Super Beetles.

Saw an `09 Maxima. Wasn't impressed.

A 68 or 69 four-door Dodge Coronet, painted candy apple green (but otherwise stock, smh)

Saw a Kia Borrego in the wild. If I didn't pay attention to the industry, I wouldn't have paid it any attention. That's how nondescript this vehicle is.

Saw a black VW Tiguan today..first one I've seen...not bad. Saw a white '60 Ranchero and a yellow w/ black vinyl top '65 Mustang..both very clean.

In the parking garage I've parking in for work this week, I've seen some interesting cars...a derelict '71-72 El Camino w/ no hood, big block V8, the whole thing (incl. grille and bumpers) painted a nasty medium blue (looks like latex house paint or something), bed full of junk. A maroon '96 Caprice SS in very clean shape... a black Jag XF. A very clean gold '76-79 Seville--no vinyl top.

For the past two days I've seen a Lamborghini Gallardo (Superleggera? couldn't tell) parked in the main lot of my school.

Also, saw the new Audi A4 on my way home tonight. Looks like the XF from behind with the lights on... I couldn't tell it was an Audi until I passed it and saw the LED headlights. Nice, though.

Another Ford Falcon, about a 63 2-dr sedan.

And in another smh moment, that same Travelall has been apparently SPRAY-painted royal blue. Overspray all over the grille. Tragic.

From the "You can't make this sh*t up!" file:

photo0047ge8.jpg

That's a mid-90s Seville, with a complete bedroom ensemble attached to its roof. Yep - a night table, dresser, and a desk were all there. So was the mattress and boxspring. The trunk (as you can see) and the back seat of the car were filled to the top with junk. The body was just about resting on the wheels. Such a shame - I still like those cars.

I can tell fall is here---the convertibles have their tops down, incl. a bright red '80s Avanti. Saw 5 convertibles with the tops down tonight coming home from work, the arrival of cooler weather (highs around 100 or less) is bringing them out. Another sign of fall is the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks...enjoyed one this morning from the Starbucks in City Hall..

50s Rambler. A compact from when America didn't care for compacts.

What I believe to be a 53 or 54 Chevy.

Yet another Falcon....seems enough were bought back then (just like Darts) for thousands to still be on the road.

A Saleen Explorer. I don't think I've ever seen one. And two of those new Saturn hatchbacks, both black 4 doors. Also, a black '68 Torino coupe with gold GT stripes, but no other GT markings. It was NOT a fastback, but a notchback coupe. I don't know that much about Fords of that era, I am thinking it must have been a clone of some sort. Was there a Torino GT notchback in '68? Edited by ocnblu

Saw my very first G8 today, a black GT.

HarleyE:

Ifor one, am not that impressed with the new RR, or any RR of the past 4 or5 decades.

Saw a couple silver Porsches this morning when out running errands--a Cayman S and a late model glass-top 911 Targa. Saw a clean off-white '65 Mustang, a rusty, well worn '70s Nova Concours sedan (lt green), and a black G8 GT...

Gray G8 GT with vanity plates out of Maryland: "G-WHIZ".:)

A Saleen Explorer. I don't think I've ever seen one. And two of those new Saturn hatchbacks, both black 4 doors. Also, a black '68 Torino coupe with gold GT stripes, but no other GT markings. It was NOT a fastback, but a notchback coupe. I don't know that much about Fords of that era, I am thinking it must have been a clone of some sort. Was there a Torino GT notchback in '68?

Yes, there was a Torino GT notchback coupe in '68 and '69...rather rare, I think. Mercury also had a Cyclone notchback coupe in '68.

Suicide door Continental FOR SALE!!

If only I had the cash for a good date car.

The '01 Bonneville that I wanted is still for sale at the same place... for about $1,400 less. And my wife now says it's ok if I want to get it. :booyah::dance:

Only things I'll have to do/have done to it is get the passenger front window motor fixed and put a CD player in.

Edited by Lamar

First brand new Pilot on the streets. I think it looks better than the old one.

Saw one of my first Lincoln MKZ's on my street today it was is a nice looking car, wish it was an MKS tho. Also saw a super clean Chevy Bel Air sedan.

Went lot hopping today. All-GM car show at a nearby Chevy dealer... lots of SWEET old GM vehicles to gawk at. Two '80 Chevy A-bodies (Malibu Classic and Elkie) with the sportier, horizontal bar '81 grille installed in both. Listened to a '25 Chevy at idle... a mechanical sweetheart. Saw a new black Cobalt 1LT there, in black with the chrome package, a nice upgrade. Two '09 Focus coupes, at 2 different dealers, they've done a good job with a minor restyle, and the car is value-packed for the price, more features for less money than a Cobalt on the versions I looked at. '09 Mustang GT in Vapor Silver with Glass Roof :drool: The Patriot's new interior is much nicer than before, you won't cut your fingers on the dash anymore. And a SPUNKY '09 Fit Sport in light blue... with the usual "SOLD" tag on the dashboard, at "my" local dealership.

On the German Autobahn today, two cars racing at about 120 MPH (estimated since I was going about 100), a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda and a Ford Mustang GT 500. Both cars were sporting GG tags which means they were from somewhere around Rüsselsheim, Deutschland, or in the surrounding Groß-Gerau (district).

'09 Mustang GT in Vapor Silver with Glass Roof :drool:

Cool..didn't realize the glass roof was out yet.. by the way, are the car dealers closed on Sundays in PA? That was one of the things I liked in CO, the ability to wander around the lots without being bugged by salesmen. Not like that in AZ..open 7 days.

Sunday is my day to lot-hop because yes, they are all closed.

Plymouth GTX, I totally smoked it off the line.

I've seen one glass roof Mustang, it was yellow, and I liked it a lot.

Sorry, "Grabber Orange" looks like yellow in the dark.

Edited by Satty

Saw a black Challenger SRT8 in traffic this morning--goregous--with a license plate reading 'NOT2GRN' and an Obama 08 sticker on the bumper. Woo hoo!!! Supreme coolness.

Saw a yellow w/ white top 'Banana Boat' '78/79 Caddy Coupe de Ville lowrider this morning and this evening...very clean shape.

Saw a silver '72 Impala Custom Coupe w/ a white hood sitting at a gas station, looked solid.

Edited by moltar

Pristine 1966 Mustang

Some sort of 60's Dodge 4-door hardtop.

Also saw a sharp red '80s BMW 635Csi and a white current style M6, with huge (22 inch or so) chrome blingtard wheels.

Since I work downtown right by city government, county government, and state government offices, I see a variety of official vehicles..saw several city Fire Department cars today--ranging from a '90s Lumina to current Impalas and an Intrepid w/ chrome wheels, all bright red. The city vehicles range from Impalas, Crown Vics, Colorados, Silverados, F150s, to a fleet of Priuses (!). On the street beside City Hall, there is a '95-97 Crown Vic police car that seems to be in the same spot everyday..odd to see such an old car still in service.

Royal blue '65 Pontiac Star Chief 4-door hardtop. My neighbor just bought it for $1000. Got a few detached pieces of trim, but it runs well and won't take too much to clean up.

Spotless dark blue A-Century

White Sterling Bullet

I saw an Edsel today! I thought I was hallucinating at first, seeing a vagina coming towards me, but as it got closer, I realized what it was.

An exceptionally cool Cummins Ram with tool boxes on the bedsides and a Nobama bumper sticker. Not sure why, but it just struck me as uber, uber nifty for some reason. :scratchchin:

Exceptional Red Chevy Nova modded with a 427.

Yesterday morning's commute yielded a 67-68 Bel Air 4 dr.

Another '55 this morning.

Saw two vintage Cadillac 2dr hts, no vinyl tops (Calais?)...a sharp black '69-70 and a lowered, primered '71-72...so big..they really stand out amidst the usual traffic of Priuses, Camrys, SUVs, and other generica...

Another sighting today was a Crown Vic in the city parking garage with 'Hydrogen powered' logos on the doors.. I'll have to stop and look at it closer next week... something in fleet use by one of the city departments.

This sighting is not so much about the car, but what I saw on it...

2 gen back Accord with Florida plates.

On the right side of the bumper was one of those religious fish things, except it was being eaten by a dinosaur. Then on the left side of the bumper was a sticker for Hillary. The kicker, in the middle of the bumper was a sticker for McCain/Palin!

So... the person sides with science/evolution over religion... liked Hillary... but now sides with the super-religious?

This sighting is not so much about the car, but what I saw on it...

2 gen back Accord with Florida plates.

On the right side of the bumper was one of those religious fish things, except it was being eaten by a dinosaur. Then on the left side of the bumper was a sticker for Hillary. The kicker, in the middle of the bumper was a sticker for McCain/Palin!

So... the person sides with science/evolution over religion... liked Hillary... but now sides with the super-religious?

Maybe 2 people... I've met couples were there the spouses were politically quite the opposite from each other...strange, though.

Some hot rod on the freeway, might have been a T-bucket. I usually assume Ford for those kind of cars.

Also, an early 50s 2-door, might have been a Chevy.

A 55-56 Buick Special last night.

And a car show of air cooled VWs, mostly Bugs of course, a few Buses, and one Karmann Ghia.

And lastly on the freeway, some douchebag popping a wheelie on his crotch rocket.

Saw a white G8 GT when I walked to lunch..sharp. Saw a dark red '66 Caprice tonight..very sharp.

While Malibu shopping this past week and weekend, of course saw the first Traverse arrival on 3 of the 5 lots.

Before that, saw a white Traverse LTZ strolling down the highway as I left work, with an out of state dealer plate...I think a dealer on a beach weekend.

Cool look, and that great Lambda presence & quality aura. I like them.