Sarah Palin.........?

The O.C.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your signature is hilarious, Oldsmoboi. "Real cars"? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... all those dopes in those Challengers and other REAL cars with Obama bumper stickers forget that Obama wants us to all drive 60-mpg golf cart pieces of $h!. I find it to be the ultimate irony to hear of such people who claim to be car enthusiasts, yet support this guy.:lol:

Your signature is hilarious, Oldsmoboi. "Real cars"? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... all those dopes in those Challengers and other REAL cars with Obama bumper stickers forget that Obama wants us to all drive 60-mpg golf cart pieces of $h!. I find it to be the ultimate irony to hear of such people who claim to be car enthusiasts, yet support this guy.:lol:

Obama drove a 300c.

You want to keep working for Ford? Better support the candidate who will actually help them.

those were some bland questions....i guess no chance for the right wing to call Ifill biased after such streamlined questioning. Palin was well rehearsed....

the mood of the nation seems to me like one demanding serious answers, speficity, accountability, and a serious politician. While Palin didn't make a major fumble like in her spontaneous question interviews, most of her responses seemed more like mantras lifted from campaign speeches, rather than specific answers. there was a lot of dodging the question, flipping the responses.

Palin gave no specifics and provided only rhetorical answers. No, she didn't have any major blunders (although there were a couple points where she seemed to be wavering), but she only went on her talking points. "Takin' shots" "maverick" "walk the walk, talk the talk" "both sides of the aisles" "track record"...nothing we haven't heard in her interview before.

Biden really got her with her comment about expanding the legislative power of the vice president.

Overall, she was charismatic and fairly confident with her words, but Biden provided the specifics and facts that the American people are looking for right now.

really screwed up on the constitution's VP powers thing...

and palin says she's "tolerant" and doesn't "discriminate", but fears that giving equal rights to both hetero and homosexual couples will lead to marriage, which she is against. yet nearing the conclusion she touts her embrace of equal rights...?

biden, while against gay marriage, at least says that hetero and homosexual couples should have no distinction in terms of civil rights, and that marriage ceremonies should be left for religious institutions to decide.

Edited by empowah

Palin gave no specifics and provided only rhetorical answers. No, she didn't have any major blunders (although there were a couple points where she seemed to be wavering), but she only went on her talking points. "Takin' shots" "maverick" "walk the walk, talk the talk" "both sides of the aisles" "track record"...nothing we haven't heard in her interview before.

Biden really got her with her comment about expanding the legislative power of the vice president.

Overall, she was charismatic and fairly confident with her words, but Biden provided the specifics and facts that the American people are looking for right now.

My thoughts exactly. She didn't fall flat on her face like most expected her too. She was mostly well composed if not confident, but Biden did a better job of conveying the facts about his and Obama's position. Both probably did a good job of saving their own reputation, although Biden probably did more to advance his running mate's cause than Palin.

Argh, I'm stuck at school for another 1.5 hours so I can't watch the debate yet. Got it recording though.

The reader's digest verion is that Sarah Palin comes across better for the first 30-40 mins with her folksy "dern right" speak.

After the folksy BS stops working in the latter half, Biden buries her.

wow. that was painful to watch. Palin was all rhetoric (although looking great MMMM) and Biden must be the only politician who has no skill to come off even half capable in comparison to the newbie.

He showed no charisma, no attack, no upper hand, no experience, he had a few moments (the i've been around the table bit). Man, if he gets in office they should put Barack in a bullet proof bubble because we'd be in a serious hurtbag with Biden in power. He showed me nothing in terms of presence to lead the country.

Palin did better than I expected and didn't bomb but still didn't convince me she is capable. Like i said tho, worst thing is, Biden showed me nothing either. he should have put her away 2 minutes into the game and the fact is he comes off as clueless as anyone.

Biden should have been like USA dream team hoops, the year they stomped everyone.....instead he's like the white 7-2 center who can't dunk the ball if left alone under the basket.

i cannot believe this is the best we can offer. obama, biden, mccain, palin. its like picking between cancer, heart disease, an aneurism, and a flesh eating virus

Edited by regfootball

Well you know it's like what Panic! at the Disco says... "I'm the new cancer, never looked better and you can't stand it!"

I actually thought Biden did very well at dressing down Palin on the whole "Team Maverick" schtick, and otherwise displayed a lot of knowledge of many of the issues that were discussed. I thought Palin's folksy schtick got real old, real fast. A lot of the insta-polls showed Biden decisively won the debate, but I honestly thought it was a draw. Biden is truly a foreign policy guru, so I'm very interested in seeing what/how he will bring to the Vice Presidency. It also helps that he's well versed in the duties of the position he is running for.

Edited by Croc