Sarah Palin.........?

The O.C.

Clinton's approval rating when he left office was 65% according to his Wikipedia page. I dont think that counts as being hated. 19% on the other hand.....

Shows that 19% of us are delusional enough to still like W?

Chris

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on Andrew Sullivan's blog that Palin is doing horribly in the debate preparation and is clueless.

McCain should have picked either Tom Ridge or even his friend Joe Lieberman. I don't think Romney or Pawlenty would be much better than Palin.

I read on Andrew Sullivan's blog that Palin is doing horribly in the debate preparation and is clueless.

McCain should have picked either Tom Ridge or even his friend Joe Lieberman. I don't think Romney or Pawlenty would be much better than Palin.

Ridge and Lieberman would have had the opposite effect on the party. Palin fired up the base, Ridge (pro-choice) and Lieberman (the only policy he and the Mickster have in common is the war, everything else, he's a Dem) would have caused a revolt in the party and the convention would have turned into a riot. Minneapolis would have been destroyed by all the religious gun humpers. Romney is worth like $300 million, Democrats would have had a field day if the Republican ticket owned 20 houses between them. Pawlenty is just as unknown and inexperienced as Palin, so you go with the "shock value" pick.

Got a link? I'd love to read it.

This is exactly why I can't wait for the debate and why it will be effing hilarious.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_...u-dont-say.html

Personally I don't want to see anyone humiliated. But people should know their limitations, and Sarah Palin doesn't. She should have had the sense to accept the nomination for V-P because she doesn't know enough.

Edited by ehaase

Ridge and Lieberman would have had the opposite effect on the party. Palin fired up the base, Ridge (pro-choice) and Lieberman (the only policy he and the Mickster have in common is the war, everything else, he's a Dem) would have caused a revolt in the party and the convention would have turned into a riot. Minneapolis would have been destroyed by all the religious gun humpers. Romney is worth like $300 million, Democrats would have had a field day if the Republican ticket owned 20 houses between them. Pawlenty is just as unknown and inexperienced as Palin, so you go with the "shock value" pick.

I think the base would still have supported McCain-Ridge, and Ridge is intelligent and experienced. As one co-worker told me a few weeks ago, "There are enough rednecks like me who will vote agains a black man whose middle name is Hussein."

Biden is tough, I know he is my U.S. Senator! It should be billed as the 1st State against the 50th State.

Biden will enable Obama to win the election. Obama didn't have my vote until he picked Biden.

What state or country is fluttering in your Av today, Mr. "Cucchiaio d'Argento?" :rotflmao:

Edited by trinacriabob

I think the base would still have supported McCain-Ridge, and Ridge is intelligent and experienced. As one co-worker told me a few weeks ago, "There are enough rednecks like me who will vote agains a black man whose middle name is Hussein."

Rednecks indeed. It's people like that that cause other countries to look down upon us.

Maureen Dowd had a good column a few weeks ago called "My Fair Veep." Sarah Palin even looks a little like Audrey Hepburn did in My Fair Lady.

C'mon, y'all are giving her too much credit.

PCS's quote ought to be bronzed "I'm from Texas and I know white trash when I see it, even if it's from Alaska."

Biden will enable Obama to win the election. Obama didn't have my vote until he picked Biden.

What state or country is fluttering in your Av today, Mr. "Cucchiaio d'Argento?" :rotflmao:

Oh this should be easy for you. I will be visiting a tiny republic in two weeks that gained it's independence directly from the Roman Empire on September 3, 301. I fly their flag, in honor of my upcoming visit. They are not a member of the EU, but use the EURO as their national currency.

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Oh this should be easy for you. I will be visiting a tiny republic in two weeks that gained it's independence directly from the Roman Empire on September 3, 301. I fly their flag, in honor of my upcoming visit. They are not a member of the EU, but use the EURO as their national currency.

Hey PCS,

heading to San Marino ? The plant is down next week- a few from maintenance are working though. Rumor that second shift is getting cut in December.

Hoping some of that $25 billion finds its' way to Wilmington

Hey PCS,

heading to San Marino ? The plant is down next week- a few from maintenance are working though. Rumor that second shift is getting cut in December.

Hoping some of that $25 billion finds its' way to Wilmington

What is Bob Dolan telling you guys? After all he is your Plant Manager! Yeah I know, nothing as usual!

OK, back to Palin.

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

San Marino?

Damn, that means Portugal is not the oldest nation-state in Europe... :cry:

And how could they be? those bastard Spaniards people annexed Portugal at one point when it was the Iberian Union.

I was a little miffed when Obama went with Biden, it seemed like an affront to his change message. A non-D.C. politician would have reinforced his message. Then McCain picked an outsider and I saw what could have been for Obama, and how brilliant the choice of Biden really was. Its almost as if Obama knew that in picking Biden, he would force McCain to make a "bold" choice, and that choice may have killed his chances.

I was a little miffed when Obama went with Biden, it seemed like an affront to his change message. A non-D.C. politician would have reinforced his message. Then McCain picked an outsider and I saw what could have been for Obama, and how brilliant the choice of Biden really was. Its almost as if Obama knew that in picking Biden, he would force McCain to make a "bold" choice, and that choice may have killed his chances.

Yes, but like many political myths, Dubya has done a pretty good job of debunking the notion that working in Washington somehow makes you more corrupt than being a politician in other venues.

Biden is probably the most qualified Senator in international relations. That is Obama's weakest area.

Plus, the worst they can smear him with is that he plagiarized some British politician's speech 20 years ago. I like that he talks too much and says what's on his mind. He's much more "straight talk" than McCain is these days.

I agree Biden is great, if it hadn't been for that oops in 88, he may have been able to beat the first Bush and the second Bush would be doing coke in an ally behind a bar in Dallas right now instead of finishing up 8 years of ruining the world.

Oh this should be easy for you.

You mean that affluent suburb of Los Angeles that bolts onto Pasadena and is called San Marino? Ma che bella bandiera. Dimmi perche la bandiera della Germania non e molto bella.

I've been to Ravenna and Rimini, but never quite got "up the hill." Gawd, the Adriatic up there is nasty.

By the way, my relatives in Italy think Palin is a joke...

Edited by trinacriabob

Having a history of poor international relations decisions doesn't really help his qualifications, it just makes him a senior international relations guy.

says the guy supporting the candidate that sung the pop hit "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran"

edit: If I were Ahmenijhad and was being asked to negotiate the cessation of building nuclear reactors by President McCain (shudder), I'd demand a public apology for his heartless joking about killing Iranian citizens before moving forward.

>>"If I were Ahmenijhad and was being asked to negotiate the cessation of building nuclear reactors by President McCain (shudder), I'd demand a public apology for his heartless joking about killing Iranian citizens before moving forward."<<

Yeeees, because when Ahmenijhad talks about killing every last Israeli citizen, he never jokes.