Sarah Palin.........?

The O.C.

Well VP debates are pretty nonsensical, since the VP is *supposed* to only have one job and isn't directly elected by the people. Knowing that, the campaigns set their goals, and probably reached them. Biden didn't say anything stupid and gave the appearance of a man who could, if needed, step into the presidency. Palin didn't look like a total moron. This Tuesday's debate, in which actual voters get to ask the questions, should be interesting.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cannot believe this is the best we can offer. obama, biden, mccain, palin. its like picking between cancer, heart disease, an aneurism, and a flesh eating virus

It's like that when the machine makes sure only Republicans or Democrats have a fighting chance in major races.

After watching the debate, my reaction is best summed-up in one word: Lame.

Very little of any value was offered on either side.

I was not impressed.

Biden: "blah,blah,blah, George Bush"

Palin: "blah,blah,blah, higher taxes"

I expected more.

i watched a little here and there...

Biden says it more like BOOSH. hehe lots of things he said was "we'll spend more money" for this or that.

Palin...uh...it's funny when she comes up on a word and then has a Yupper accent in it. i didn't really pay attention, but it was a lot of john McCain: the maverick, comments.

LA, you're right, there should have been more like 5-6 people on that stage if we truly believe in democracy...at least from recognized parties.

If they invited all of the people running for pres or vp, the debates would either be 6 hours long or nothing that mattered would be said. Does anyone remember the debates before the primaries? Total clusterf@#k, lots of hand raising and little substance.

really screwed up on the constitution's VP powers thing...

and palin says she's "tolerant" and doesn't "discriminate", but fears that giving equal rights to both hetero and homosexual couples will lead to marriage, which she is against. yet nearing the conclusion she touts her embrace of equal rights...?

biden, while against gay marriage, at least says that hetero and homosexual couples should have no distinction in terms of civil rights, and that marriage ceremonies should be left for religious institutions to decide.

can't one say these are the same view...potentially? i think one could.

If they invited all of the people running for pres or vp, the debates would either be 6 hours long or nothing that mattered would be said. Does anyone remember the debates before the primaries? Total clusterf@#k, lots of hand raising and little substance.

the little substance usually showed up from 1 or 2 people...the people that didn't have substance showed it.

can't one say these are the same view...potentially? i think one could.

The difference in their statements was basically semantics, and they even admitted as such. Biden's was just a much better sounding phrasing. Either way, it's BS, unless they're pushing for blanket civil unions across America, leaving "marriage" to be used in religious/social contexts only.

wow. that was painful to watch. Palin was all rhetoric (although looking great MMMM)

i cannot believe this is the best we can offer. obama, biden, mccain, palin. its like picking between cancer, heart disease, an aneurism, and a flesh eating virus

We can count on reg to comment on the (insert front part of acronym)-ILF observations.

Yes, scary that, in times like these when there is such a need for leadership, no one is rising to the occasion. They're too smart, that's why.

I watched the debate.

I literally cannot stand to listen to her any more. Everything she said sounded like it was directly from a script, and she barely pauses between sentences or while talking. She also goes around in circles. I just can't listen to her speak, it's irritating. And the "you betcha" and "yer darn right" bits come off sounding fake and scripted, making them and her accent even more irritating than they already are otherwise. She also comes off sounding air-headed and dumb. I know she isn't. Btw, did she play a part in Fargo? ;-] I literally can't stand her anymore, VP or otherwise. If I was standing in line at a grocery store and she was chatting up the cashier, it would probably drive me nuts. And here she is trying to be the VP. How many times did she say she respected Biden because he respected McCain? I mean, really? How long have you known McCain compared to Biden? Hey, "Can I call you Joe?" Yeah because this is a casual event, and the lady with 2 years of high level executive experience thinks she can magically bring someone with 35 years in the senate and a real education down to her level with that.

She is the last nail in the coffin for McCain.

I am utterly amazed that she didn't get under Biden's skin. Just listening to her is enough to drive a man crazy. I would have been hitting her with a shovel by 10 minutes into the debate.

Agh!

*pulls hair out*

Edited by siegen

Sarah Palin, is a failin! She's what's killing John McCain's chances and I'm all for that. I'm voting more against her than against McCain, but whatever works.

I saw McCain on TV here, he was saying how bout that Sarah Palin in last night's debates? Hannnnn? I thought I was listening to the Penguin from the old Batman TV show.

Palin works best when her wee head is filled by her programmers for the purposes of rapid-regurgitation; i.e. her Convention speech and her vapid recital at the 'debate'. She really forged ahead capitulating those talking points Thursday night. She has less substance than the air (not including LA, where the air can be chewed and spit-out). She was never meant to do anything beyond glittering brightly and whipping-up the foam-at-the-mouth, children-of-the-corn Bush-loyalists. That, she's good at.

Since the conservative talking heads (including McCain himself) have proclaimed that she walked away with the debate, I guess she'll be holding a press conference any time now. She has said that she doesn't want to be 'filtered' by the mainstream meadia so what better way to do that than with a press conference. Oh wait, they get to ask followup questions in a press conference where she'd actually have to show some depth of knowledge so I guess that won't be happening.

I watched the debate.

I literally cannot stand to listen to her any more. Everything she said sounded like it was directly from a script, and she barely pauses between sentences or while talking. She also goes around in circles. I just can't listen to her speak, it's irritating. And the "you betcha" and "yer darn right" bits come off sounding fake and scripted, making them and her accent even more irritating than they already are otherwise. She also comes off sounding air-headed and dumb. I know she isn't. Btw, did she play a part in Fargo? ;-] I literally can't stand her anymore, VP or otherwise. If I was standing in line at a grocery store and she was chatting up the cashier, it would probably drive me nuts. And here she is trying to be the VP. How many times did she say she respected Biden because he respected McCain? I mean, really? How long have you known McCain compared to Biden? Hey, "Can I call you Joe?" Yeah because this is a casual event, and the lady with 2 years of high level executive experience thinks she can magically bring someone with 35 years in the senate and a real education down to her level with that.

She is the last nail in the coffin for McCain.

I am utterly amazed that she didn't get under Biden's skin. Just listening to her is enough to drive a man crazy. I would have been hitting her with a shovel by 10 minutes into the debate.

Agh!

*pulls hair out*

Even the accent and "folksiness" are faked?

That wouldn't surprise me....trying to do the 'everyperson' averageness that some say Bush had (with his fake Texas accent and ability to barely string a sentence together). And would someone explain to these people how to pronounce the word 'nuclear'??? I guess the folksiness is to appeal to the NASCAR/country music/God and guns crowd.

That wouldn't surprise me....trying to do the 'everyperson' averageness that some say Bush had (with his fake Texas accent and ability to barely string a sentence together). And would someone explain to these people how to pronounce the word 'nuclear'??? I guess the folksiness is to appeal to the NASCAR/country music/God and guns crowd.

+1

Chris

Wow! She was almost not annoying to listen to (almost). I didn't realize she was pumping up the folk-talk so much.

Palin works best when her wee head is filled by her programmers for the purposes of rapid-regurgitation; i.e. her Convention speech and her vapid recital at the 'debate'. She really forged ahead capitulating those talking points Thursday night. She has less substance than the air (not including LA, where the air can be chewed and spit-out). She was never meant to do anything beyond glittering brightly and whipping-up the foam-at-the-mouth, children-of-the-corn Bush-loyalists. That, she's good at.

Rapid-regurgitation. I like that. I think it sums up what Palin said at the debate quite well quite well.

Hmmm... you Dems bitched at me when I posted my reasons for voting McCain... saying I wasn't contributing to your pseudo-intellectual discussion. And look at you all now. I guess a double standard is perfectly OK when it comes to Governor Palin. How typically Democrat.

Thats what happens when your VP candidate is a parody of a real politician. I'm watching the debate again, and again, she is failing to impress, and I'm picking up more of the subtle nuance that makes her nonsensical blather something special.

Hmmm... you Dems bitched at me when I posted my reasons for voting McCain... saying I wasn't contributing to your pseudo-intellectual discussion. And look at you all now. I guess a double standard is perfectly OK when it comes to Governor Palin. How typically Democrat.

I didn't like either, but was tipping toward McCain. I think Obama spews too much ideological nonsense and no substance. It is the overall ticket that I am now voting for. I don't have a problem with Biden. I have a big problem with Palin .... she's an unqualified hick. There were lots of seasoned women politicians with 10 to 20 years of political experience and the typical relevant education (they're typically law-school trained) that he could have picked from and kept my vote if he needed to snag the Hillary contingent. I am now voting Obama/Biden and registered on Friday.

And there is a difference between someone interrupting a discussion on the difference between tax plans and economic beliefs with "Nobama" and "Thinking people vote for McCain" and discussing Sarah Palin's candidacy (and prior "experience" in a thread entitled "Sarah Palin."

Given the opportunity, I would vote for Tina Fey's impression of Sarah Palin, because she is absolutely hilarious.

But you're not discussing her CANDIDACY. You're discussing her ACCENT. You're discussing her T&A. You're discussing everything about her except for her positions on the issues. Not cool, people.

The woman is a governor, for God's sake. Before Hillary Clinton was a senator, she had never been elected to anything, she was just an overstepping, meddling First Lady to a governor and then to a president. Let's have some naked sketches of Hillary Clinton up here! Oh wait, nevermind, I don't want to lose my lunch. Edited by ocnblu

The woman is a governor, for God's sake. Before Hillary Clinton was a senator, she had never been elected to anything, she was just an overstepping, meddling First Lady to a governor and then a president. Let's have some naked sketches of Hillary Clinton up here! Oh wait, nevermind, I don't want to lose my lunch.

I loathe Hillary and do so even more after reading most of "The Truth About Hillary" by Klein at a Barnes and Noble while prevented from going forward through a mountain pass because I had no chains. She exemplifies megalomania and is truly venomous - and is the antidote to all the virtues of a true leader.

Somewhere in that book was the comment that 'Hillary Clinton needs to be kept as far away from the White House as possible,' or something to that effect. I agree. She is not qualified to be the Commander in Chief.

HOWEVER....she has a law degree from Yale, has worked as an attorney, has taught law, and has been steeped in state and federal politics (8 years in DC) like a tea bag that's stayed in for a long time. I don't think her learning curve would be as long as that of Palin. Still, I woldn't want her as President. It's an "apple and orange" kind of situation. I dislike Hillary because she's Hillary. I dislike Palin because I question her competence.

Submit a VP candidate who isn't easier to make fun of than GWB and we'll talk. There isn't anything intellectual to discuss when talking about Palin.

She says she's against higher taxes on companies and against progressive taxation. Which is fine..... I don't agree with her, but that's a different argument.

Where she falls down is when she says she took on the big oil companies..... Yes.. she did. By TAXING THEM AND DISTRIBUTING THE MONEY TO THE PUBLIC!

Either stance is fine and valid to have.. but you must pick just ONE!!