Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

New Year's Eve

41 posts in this topic

So, who has NYE plans? I haven't gone out and enjoyed myself on NYE for ages, and I have no clue what I'll be doing. Anyone else got plans?

Partying at the house with friends, playing rock band 2. Its safer at home and everybody lives close by.

I am totally partied out. This has been a very busy holiday season and I definitely went way over board. I'm tired of eating, drinking and talking to people. I need to be alone for a while. So, I'm going to stay home on New Year's eve, ponder life and go to bed early. I want to start the new year with a clear head and, hopefully, some inkling of where my life is headed.

WE gotz a sitter for both the girls.... so looks like we're going OUT!!! :jump:

Now I just need to talk Julie into the Olive Garden instead of whatever

NON-Olive Garden-esque establishment she's got in mind.

I'll be in Charlotte with some friends to ring in the new year. There's a UNC basketball game on New Year's Eve, so we'll watch that at a bar, then do the typical countdown-type activities.

Don't have plans as of now ... kinda doubt I will have plans....

*shrugs*

Guess we'll see....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Welcoming in the new year" ... Vonda Shepard ... 'What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?'

I'll probably be going out with co-workers down in Iowa City, but nothing's really set in stone yet.

I'll most likely be going to a bar for an all-you-can-drink-and-eat-for-$35 pre-paid event. Sort of seems like a lot at first, but I plan to get there at 9 and leave at 2AM, so it should be worth it.

Greeting the new year at the end of the countdown by vomiting over the edge of a balcony. I'm superstitious like that.

Going out for supper at The Main Event a local steakhouse/supperclub and from there I really dont know. Too bad I am not probably going to be doing anything with friends or better yet a woman. I couldnt get that lucky.

The BF and I will probably be spending the night, shirtless, dancing til dawn at the only gay dance club left in the city.

Or not. I don't much care this year. It's going to take more than a couple dozen drinks to make me forget how bad this past couple months has been.

prolly just going to a friends' house drinking alittle, having a good time with several people i hope.

The BF and I will probably be spending the night, shirtless, dancing til dawn at the only gay dance club left in the city.

Or not. I don't much care this year. It's going to take more than a couple dozen drinks to make me forget how bad this past couple months has been.

I'm so sorry sweety. We have a $h! load of gay bars and they are da bomb!! It's the only bars we go to. The big club downtown has a line around the corner every weekend and we're in $h!ville Oklahoma LOL. I would've expected more from Toronto. My boys want to move to Canada so their marriage is legal and they don't get treated like second class citizens. Should they? Any advice? I don't want them to leave. :( They want me to move with them. LOL

I'm going to help supervise a youth lock-in at church. I'd much rather spend it at home.

Flying to Denver tomorrow afternoon...staying with friends, having a house party. Then back to Phoenix Saturday and back to work next Monday.

I'm so sorry sweety. We have a $h! load of gay bars and they are da bomb!! It's the only bars we go to. The big club downtown has a line around the corner every weekend and we're in $h!ville Oklahoma LOL. I would've expected more from Toronto. My boys want to move to Canada so their marriage is legal and they don't get treated like second class citizens. Should they? Any advice? I don't want them to leave. :( They want me to move with them. LOL

Step aside, girl - I'm packin' my bags and I'll be there in the mornin'! :lol:

Perhaps it is because I am so o-v-e-r the scene here: it's been 30 years of parties and bars for this one ( I was an earlier bloomer ). Toronto's scene was far more dynamic in the '80s when there was a big warehouse supply here, real estate was affordable and taxes/insurance were cheaper. All the old warehouse space we used to party in 25 years ago is now $500k condos! My buds and I used to have heated debates about where to go because there were so many fun clubs back then.

Toronto has really become anal again. They are 'gentrifying' the downtown and - get this, people in the Entertainment District are bitching about the noise and parties! Let's not forget the world class traffic, $7.50 a half hour parking, $4 a gallon gas and the highest insurance rates in North America - well, you get the picture. Frankly, Montreal is more fun.

My peer group has all become 'bears' (we used to call it fat and hairy, but now they have a name for it) and go to leather bars. The twinks all go with their straight friends to the straight clubs. All that is left are a few crowded, noisy bars on Church St. (made famous in the Queer as Folk series). There is only one mega-gay club left in the city and it's half empty on Saturdays!

Not to mention Canadian booze is $7 a glass! :mind-blowing:

Driving up to Portalegre

Where is that? To the North of Lisbon? Between where you are and Setubal?

Be careful when driving home from that...those Portuguese drivers seem even wilder than the Italian ones, if that's possible :lol:(picture me going the speed limit in a rented Peugeot 107 manual or Corsa with the automatic on the "freeways" around Porto, but then I'm American)

Where is that? To the North of Lisbon? Between where you are and Setubal?

Be careful when driving home from that...those Portuguese drivers seem even wilder than the Italian ones, if that's possible :lol:(picture me going the speed limit in a rented Peugeot 107 manual or Corsa with the automatic on the "freeways" around Porto, but then I'm American)

I've never had the pleasure of driving in Portugal, but do remember the insanity of driving the Amalfi Coast in a rented Mercedes C-class diesel w/ manual....rented it from Avis at the Rome airport, drove the Autostrada down to Pompeii, then out to Sorrento, down the coast through Positano and down to Salerno. Narrow twisty road with sheer rock faces on the left, drop offs to the Med on the right. Tunnels, places where the road narrowed to one lane, deranged scooter drivers; a psycho lady in a black AMG E class w/ German plates that rode my arse for miles trying to pass; tour coaches filled with Japanese tourists with cameras (one coach had to back up for several hundred feet at the edge of small town to allow a truck to pass in the opposite direction)...fun times. Stop signs in the towns seemed to be optional.

Driving in N. Italy in a rented diesel Vectra was more mellow, up around Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, Milano...

Got to get back to Europe in '09...missing it.

Edited by moltar

I'm going to eat dinner with my family, put on the stereo and celebrate by reading a good book by myself.

Personally, I enjoy leading a very quiet life.

Chris

Well we're not going out, that is for sure. Supposed to get up to 8 inches of snow....tomorrow. The only exception might be to get the GM's flat fixed.

Zilch planned - don't really care if anything happens my way either.

Just want 2008 over and done with.

I was going to go to a religious retreat that started Christmas Eve and ended mid-day New Year's Day, with church services on New Year's morning. THEN I thought...hmmm....it was a small chunk of change for dinner, the overnight lodging, and breakfast, so, 30 minutes ago, I decided against it. I'll probably go to church on Jan. 1 am, but now have no plans for New Year's Eve and plan NOT to be driving around with all the nutjobs around.

Edited by trinacriabob

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0