ocnblu

Cyclone, Breeze, Scirocco?

140 posts in this topic

We're on the cusp of something... Spring arrives this month! Let us celebrate by posting our budding car spots here.

Black Skoda Superb, parked across from my parents place. One reaction re the Skoda not-that-Superb: :puke:

A 2009 Lincoln MKS.....with a fake convertible top! AUUUUUGH!!! Will these people never learn?

Hey Ocn, how far in advance do you think about the titles of these monthly car spotter threads? Just curious.

A 2009 Lincoln MKS.....with a fake convertible top! AUUUUUGH!!! Will these people never learn?

Hey Ocn, how far in advance do you think about the titles of these monthly car spotter threads? Just curious.

Same here!

A light gold one, with one of the upgraded larger wheels, and then...gasp...a chocolate brown cloth (yes, cloth, with the little rivets on the back edge) top. Argh, the local old people and what they beg dealers to do for them on their new cars...

I've seen two previous gen. Audi A6's in the past week. I think I'm being spoken to. Those are sweet cars.

Had to go to Ace Hardware for some line for my string trimmer (spring cleaning of the yard today), saw a goregous dark green '71 Buick Centurion conv. w/ the top down in the lot, I've seen this car drive by before, never saw it up close, in really clean shape.

Same here!

A light gold one, with one of the upgraded larger wheels, and then...gasp...a chocolate brown cloth (yes, cloth, with the little rivets on the back edge) top. Argh, the local old people and what they beg dealers to do for them on their new cars...

Old People are adorable aren't they? :P

The MKS is no Town Car or DTS... It doesn't have the formal roofline to suit a fabric top.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Base, puke green, 2006 Nissan Altima, with a vinyl top. :huh:

Same here!

That's especially weird. It's the same color combination I saw.

Oh, as far as spotter thread titles go, usually a day ahead, or on the spot.

I saw a black GLK parked along the street, I didn't realize they were out yet. It's kinda kool in a militaristic way. Certainly not a "cute ute", more like small but purposeful, boxy to the extreme. Also saw a Q5, new on the VW/Porsche/Audi lot, in black as I left Wendy's for lunch.

Base, puke green, 2006 Nissan Altima, with a vinyl top. :huh:

Wow......

Oh, as far as spotter thread titles go, usually a day ahead, or on the spot.

Then I'm officially impressed.

Edited by usonia

Then I'm officially impressed.

I like your sig quote from Dan Fogelberg.

Sightings today---a beautiful red w/ black hood graphics '70 Mustang Mach 1 (my 2nd favorite year of classic Mustang, after the '69), a clean '64-65 Plymouth Valiant convertible (white w/the top down, blue interior), a pale yellow '70s/early '80s Merc 450SL roadster w/ the top down (love those little cars, even with the big bumpers), and a sharp red w/ black stripes, black vinyl top '67 Camaro SS/RS.

Last generation Caprice police cruiser. Becoming a rare sight nowadays.

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

Saw a very rare, 1986 Monte Carlo Aero Coupe on the road here in Cedar Rapids, and yes, it was White with a Burgandy interior. The guy was on the highway and babying the thing and keeping it away from other cars. The plate did read AEROCPE.

I love those cars.

I don't know what I saw... the snow covered them all up. :lol:

Last generation Caprice police cruiser. Becoming a rare sight nowadays.

Was it still in service?

I don't know what I saw... the snow covered them all up. :lol:

Was it still in service?

Interesting..haven't seen a '91-96 Caprice cruiser in ages...but, the Phoenix Police department still has at least 1 '87-90 Caprice police car still in service---I've seen it driving around downtown 4 times in the last few months, w/ a uniformed officer driving.

Interesting..haven't seen a '91-96 Caprice cruiser in ages...but, the Phoenix Police department still has at least 1 '87-90 Caprice police car still in service---I've seen it driving around downtown 4 times in the last few months, w/ a uniformed officer driving.

Hey, tough as nails doesn't even begin to describe those cars...not too unusual, even 2 decades past new in some cases. Beastly but, still, in most ways pretty refined for the dinosaur bones and the later LT1 cars were splendid. I often have wondered what the B/D cars would have been like had they hung around and been updated somewhat like the Crown Vic & Town Car have, with more solid frames, refined suspensions, updated interiors, etc.

I was just chatting with my father on Friday, as he still has 1 of 3 with a '93 Fleetwood, and he remarked how he really has not been seeing much of any B/D cars anywhere, anymore. I concurred, as when I do notice them, they certainly standout more now.

That reminds me...went to Wal-Mart in Rehoboth and, having parked far out in the lot, there were 3 '93-96 Fleetwoods in the lot, in 2 rows, all at once. What a sight.

Saw a very rare, 1986 Monte Carlo Aero Coupe on the road here in Cedar Rapids, and yes, it was White with a Burgandy interior. The guy was on the highway and babying the thing and keeping it away from other cars. The plate did read AEROCPE.

I love those cars.

Even more rare is the Pontiac version.

Grand Prix 2+2. Sad thing is, the Pontiac only had the 140-hp version of the 305... it should have at least had the L69 HO 305 used in the MC SS.

Was it still in service?

As far as I could tell, still had all its lights & livery.

Grand Prix 2+2. Sad thing is, the Pontiac only had the 140-hp version of the 305... it should have at least had the L69 HO 305 used in the MC SS.

I had no idea that the 2+2 didn't get the HO 305.

My '87 Camino SS got the HO, so I'm surprised that the 2+2 didn't.

Had to make an airport run at early o'clock this morning..on the way back, saw a clean black '65-67 Corvair coupe and a tan early '60s Rambler American convertible.

Weekend Visit to Spokane Washington to check out the 63 split window Corvette Fuelie.

:( So Sad so bad, this thing had been trashed and the frame is so rusted out it is not even worth saving in my opinion. Unless you really want that body, the rest is ready to be melted down. Morons Son is actually trying to sell it and thinks it is worth 40K, I suggested maybe 400 for the body, but the rest is history.

Did see a really sweet Model T on the drive back that someone had on a trailer. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor