Cyclone, Breeze, Scirocco?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd sighting yesterday---a current generation black Escalade ESV w/ blue & red emergency lights (on, flashing) integrated into the roof rack, top of the windshield inside, behind the grille, strobing taillights, siren. No special markings. It was moving through heavy traffic yesterday, a very WTF?? sighting..(hip hop police?)

March 5th - had to drive down to the "South Bay," south of San Jose, so I took a rental car, a Hyundai Sonata which I will review. On that day, I saw a:

(1) 1981 Cadillac Eldorado, from the 1Cxx### original (!) CA plate sequence, in that lighter subdued cream/yellow color. It was badged with the V8-6-4. I was thinking there was no way that could be the original engine, effortlessly humming along at 70 to 75 mph. They had probably dropped in something else. The license plate frame indicated it was probably sold in the East Bay. In it were 2 unusual ladies: the driver looked like Whitney Houston and the passenger was this pasty white lady in a bonnet and Jackie-O sunglasses looking like she was going on a picnic in the English countryside. The car and the 2 ladies in it were definitely "different."

(2) Later that night, in a Safeway parking lot, I saw a mint 1975 Lincoln Mark coupe in the darker baby blue with the white top and oval opera window. The guy told me he was the original owner. I asked him if he remembered the Cutlass Supreme of that year. He nodded and smiled.

Edited by trinacriabob

First day at the new gig out in the burbs... surprisingly easy drive, 25 miles of freeway, was able to do 55-65 the whole way there and back at rush hour, guess I'm going against the flow. Saw a few interesting cars in the lot (big corporate office building in an office park, maybe 2000 cars in the lot)---a blue '55 Ford pickup came rumbling in shortly after I parked, saw a maroon and white '55 Chevy Bel Air ht w/ Cragars (then later saw a pic of it in the cube of a guy on my team), saw a black G8 GT (first black one I've seen--sharp), a yellow Z06, a couple E46 M3s (a gray convertible and a red coupe).

I had a bit of time to kill this morning (got there a 1/2 hr early, misjudged the traffic patterns), so I strolled around, and noticed randomly 1 row in 1 part of the lot had 6 Hondas of all sorts, 2 Toyotas, a Ford Focus, an Audi A4, and a BMW 3 series.

Saw a black S5 in traffic this afternoon, blacked out windows...beautiful car. I've seen a couple A5s before, this was the first S5 I've seen...the A5/S5 is truly a car that looks much better in person than in pics, love the contours and detailing.

Wow..that Lincoln is indescribable... I have memories of riding in the ones my folks had back in the '70s, but they were 4drs.

This morning in traffic, I saw a very worn '55 Chevy stepside pickup w/ a adder rack, keeping up w/ the 65mph hr traffic...amazing to see something so old in daily traffic.

March 12:

Regal coupe, 1976 with landau, primer gray, but running at about 75 on the fast lane of the freeway

Regal coupe, 1973 with vinyl top, the mint green, but fairly faded, parked at the post office

Same 'effin day! Nostalgic.

(What an improvement the '76 was over '73-'75 with its Eldorado inspired taillamps)

Words fail....

lostinthe70s.jpg

hehe did it play la cucaracha when the horn blew?

i saw a 73 roadrunner purple with white stripes at ingles, a 65 convertible corvette this weekend, theres a hybrid tahoe on the local chevy lot along with 2 g8 gt's 3 gxp solstices, and 3 aveo 5's in yellow red and blue.

ANOTHER new MKS with a canvas top... :mind-blowing:

This time a dark cherry one, with the top a sort of camel to match the interior. Geez. Enough is enough already, old people with bad taste around here...and a dealer who will gladly accomodate it. At least the GM dealer, for all intensive purposes, discourages such things and never voluntarily adds any extras on their own.

Worse? I think this same MKS (old lady/guy driven, of course) also had a chrome trunk luggage rack...or I was just so horrified again, I imagined it. Don't think so.

Lot hopping for the first time since I bought my Cobalt: Genesis coupe 3.8L in red/black leather/autotragic. $27k. The days of the cheap Hyundai are over. I like everything except the front end seems oddly dated. Elantra Touring in silver, the wagon version. Odd. Two Souls, both silver, a cheapie model and a one-step-up model. Kinda look like a hightop sneaker. No interior brightwork makes the base model look hopelessly cheap, which it is at $14k. They had a red high-end model in the showroom, couldn't see it well. New F-150s... ehh, the front end is kinda weird. I do like the new regular cab with the longer single door instead of that wasteful, no-doubt rattly little side door. Focus SES coupes really look good with the blacked-out trim, 17" rims and roof spoiler, but the ones I saw were $20,600... too much, imo. Yellow and an odd but interesting maroon Yaris 3 doors. New Datsun Z car... looks wicked. Mazda 3 S Touring 2.5L sedan, red with leather/auto... $25k! An outrageous price for a truly ruined car. That front end and those hideous taillights just destroy what was a pleasant looking car.

Sunday, March 15:

1978 Oldsmobile 98 Regency sedan with gas engine (according to badging):

silver / silver vinyl top / dark red interior (leather seats) / whitewalls / wire wheels

Perfect condition / 6 digit (now 7 digits) original CA plates

What I have always called "la cathedrale roulante" ("the rolling cathedral" in French, for its tall twin-spired taillamp look from the rear)

a red 09 camaro damn....

a couple of sky's

I saw a astra actually on the road!!

1968 mustang GT500 dark green. smoking hot! the driver had to be at least 80 but that didn't stop him from ripping up the tires off every light. i hope im like that when im old.

Strange morning... a strange billboard for a local Honda store--a big picture of a pair of shapely, bare woman's legs with the tagline-- 'On the internet, it's clothing-optional'. Guess it means you can shop online for your new Honda in the nude. Dumb.

Heard a radio ad for 'Big 2 Toyota/Scion' touting their new showroom w/ cobblestone paths, hand-laid brick walls, barber shop, shoe shine, coffee shop, kid's play area with pirate ship, waiting area with ESPN on big screen TVs, etc. Never once did they mention the product. Guess the Genericans in Chandler, AZ love this stuff..

And the funniest was this old guy driving along with all the usual Republican signs--giant cross hanging from the rear view mirror, American flag decals, flag on the antenna, 'Proud to be an American' bumper sticker, W04 and Bush stickers, Jesus stickers, McCain 'Country First' decal...

... all on a freakin' Hyundai Santa Fe. WTF????

Oh boy, CTSs are a very regular sighting over here these days...

I've seen 4 different ones in the last week on my daily commute, nice to see some Caddys in an area w/ a lot of BMWs, Lexuses, Acuras, Toyotas, etc.

And the funniest was this old guy driving along with all the usual Republican signs--giant cross hanging from the rear view mirror, American flag decals, flag on the antenna, 'Proud to be an American' bumper sticker, W04 and Bush stickers, Jesus stickers, McCain 'Country First' decal...

... all on a freakin' Hyundai Santa Fe. WTF????

Patriotism, ur doin it wrong...

(I just always wanted to say that)

Must be, didn't know they had a Mary Kay version of the CTS out. That's why I snapped a photo of it. :P

Oh yes, they DO...DTS's and CTS's are the most common, but there have also been a handful of SRX's and STS's out there. It's a unique color that they reformulate every so often, either whiter or pinker--the current one based a lot on GM's White Diamond, sort of.

2939733364_012e5ba682.jpg

38588d1199506228-i-give-you-pink-pink1.j

38589d1199506228-i-give-you-pink-pink2.j

38590d1199506228-i-give-you-pink-pink3.j

A few years back, just out of the blue, and even on a back road I passed a brand new '05 STS V8 (FULLY decked out, top tier model) painted in the famous pink. That was the only other "in person" MK Cadillac I've seen, aside from Deville's and DTS's.

Then when they're done and off lease, turned back in to GM, decently repainted white, and pumped back through the auctions as everyday used white Cadillacs...with some interesting things in the crevices. I know someone who bought an ex DTS cheaply because of it, and he detailed the specifics on what he could still see--but otherwise, undetectable unless up close.

Come to think of it...I haven't seen an MK car in a long, long time.

Saw this on my way home from work. Sorry about the crummy camera phone picture. Thats all I had. It is a 80-82 Corvette in Red. Sounded good too!

Nice..speaking of Vettes of that era, there was a white '78-79 beside me at a light when I went out to lunch...with the t-tops off, sharp condition.

Speaking of Mary Kay Cadillacs, the most recent one I saw was in a small town in SW Colorado in June '05 when I was on vacation there, a DTS. My sister said she saw a Mary Kay color Escalade last year in Ohio.

Oh yes, they DO...DTS's and CTS's are the most common, but there have also been a handful of SRX's and STS's out there. It's a unique color that they reformulate every so often, either whiter or pinker--the current one based a lot on GM's White Diamond, sort of.

A few years back, just out of the blue, and even on a back road I passed a brand new '05 STS V8 (FULLY decked out, top tier model) painted in the famous pink. That was the only other "in person" MK Cadillac I've seen, aside from Deville's and DTS's.

Then when they're done and off lease, turned back in to GM, decently repainted white, and pumped back through the auctions as everyday used white Cadillacs...with some interesting things in the crevices. I know someone who bought an ex DTS cheaply because of it, and he detailed the specifics on what he could still see--but otherwise, undetectable unless up close.

Come to think of it...I haven't seen an MK car in a long, long time.

Yeah, I've seen plenty of DTS's and a few STS's, just not a new CTS.

I've always been impressed with how GM managed to pull off a pink color and not make it look tacky...mostly white diamond with a subtle hue of pink.

theres a body shop down the road form the house that specializes in boats and old cars. they do insurance work too though. anyway, one week there were 3 caddy sts's in the parking lot, all a pale metallic shade of pink. told my dad how odd to see 3 together like that. by the end of the week there was 2 pinks and one silver, next week 2 silvers and a pink, then 3 silvers on a car hauler :lol:

when i got to work at the hospital the other day there was a polo green saturn sky redline with tan interior and tan top in the normal parking lot, in the doc's lot there was a granite blue metallice colered one with the same interior and top.

Yeah, I've seen plenty of DTS's and a few STS's, just not a new CTS.

I've always been impressed with how GM managed to pull off a pink color and not make it look tacky...mostly white diamond with a subtle hue of pink.

The CTS is now one of the most common--they like the size & price, vs. the larger DTS, though the latter is still probably tops. They use all of them, even Escalades, just depends on the specific situation/person.

GM doesn't really come up with the color, but the Mary Kay Corp. decides on the specific shade themselves and then goes to GM to formulate it. Times before, it has been MUCH pinker, but as it changes, now it's a pink tinted shade of White Diamond. Never know how they may change it next time around.

Edited by caddycruiser