CaddyXLR-V

Poll: Where will Pontiacs sales go

71 members have voted

1. 1. If Pontiac was killed today, what would you buy when it comes time for your next car?

• Ford
    • Chrysler
    • Honda/Acura
    • Toyota/Lexus
    • Nissan/Infinity
    • VW/Audi
    • Mazda
    • Subaru
    • Mitsubishi
    • BMW/Mini
    • Mercedes
    • Chevy/GMC/Cadillac
    • Buick
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

145 posts in this topic

To anyone whose brand of choice is Pontiac, currently owns a Pontiac, or plans to buy a new Pontiac within 3 years, what would your brand of choice be if Pontiac were to be killed today by GM?

My top brand after that would be BMW/Mini, then Nissan/Infiniti. I wouldn't buy another GM brand after that, and Ford/Chrysler don't interest me.

Edited by CaddyXLR-V

I voted Chrysler, but only because you framed the question with the word "today". That choice would be the Dodge Challenger.

I am actually quite unsure what will be next for me, except that lacking a miracle, it won't be from GM.

That is coming from someone who has always bought GM, and was committed to a new Pontiac prior to its cancellation.

I would assume Avis would buy more Chevys and maybe some Buicks if they couldn't get Pontiacs.

I would assume Avis would buy more Chevys and maybe some Buicks if they couldn't get Pontiacs.

A very cheap shot, Moltar.

A very cheap shot, Moltar.

I know, but sadly, Pontiac has had an high fleet % of total sales for years now.

Funny, I was looking for rental cars yesterday and all I could find was Chevys.

I know, but sadly, Pontiac has had an high fleet % of total sales for years now.

Down quite a bit now that the GP is gone - that was a true fleet queen.

truth is when GM shuts down saturn and pontiac, all that volume will go out the door. volume and share. japan and korea will get those sales.

VW is the only german brand that sells affordable cars. No one is going to ditch pontiac and buy even a 1 series. they can't even keep the price of those reasonable.

Edited by regfootball

truth is when GM shuts down saturn and pontiac, all that volume will go out the door. volume and share. japan and korea will get those sales.

VW is the only german brand that sells affordable cars. No one is going to ditch pontiac and buy even a 1 series. they can't even keep the price of those reasonable.

If I can't afford a BMW, I wouldn't mind a VW. There's also the people who can afford BMW's but might buy a G8 because it offers almost as much for a lot less money. They might buy the BMW if the G8 wasn't an option.

Sad, but when I was in Toronto a couple weeks ago, they had at least four spankin' new '09 G8's in the Avis fleet at the airport. (Not GT's though.).

Sad, but when I was in Toronto a couple weeks ago, they had at least four spankin' new '09 G8's in the Avis fleet at the airport. (Not GT's though.).

The G8 is barely fleeted at all, not a real concern there.

The G8 is the only Pontiac I would buy. If Pontiac goes under, I would hope GM would re-badge it as a Impala or Caprice or something.

My dealer in Elkton Maryland found out I was home and sent me an e-mail saying just checking in and by the way we have 9 G8's in stock with 3 G8 GXP's ... I replied I'm sorry, I don't buy foreign cars built outside of North America & Europe ... His response was, the G8 is not Japanese ... :P

My dealer in Elkton Maryland found out I was home and sent me an e-mail saying just checking in and by the way we have 9 G8's in stock with 3 G8 GXP's ... I replied I'm sorry, I don't buy foreign cars built outside of North America & Europe ... His response was, the G8 is not Japanese ... :P

Too bad for you. My GTO is the best GM vehicle I have ever owned or driven, and drives like what an American car would have driven like if they haven't lost their way so many years ago. To me, it's a perfect blend between American and European driving characteristics. I would expect that the G8 is the same or better.

Edited by CaddyXLR-V

What is your beef against Australia? You are such an arse...

Too bad for you. My GTO is the best GM vehicle I have ever owned or driven, and drives like what an American car would have driven like if they haven't lost their way so many years ago. To me, it's a perfect blend between American and European driving characteristics. I would expect that the G8 is the same or better.

I had the same experience in owning my GTO, and want more of the same.

There will never be another Firebird, thus there will never be another car from GM I would buy.

Not even the Camaro.

As for another car to compliment/supplement it? The Mustang is the natural choice and while I would be happy owning one and driving one, a part of me would be slightly pissed off buying one.

Edited by YellowJacket894

G8 buyers will likely head to Chrysler since they are the only company that provides a comparable vehicle.

The rest of them that aren't hung up on the badge will just head to Chevy.

Those who swear off GM because Pontiac gets killed will head probably to Ford or Chrysler.

For those who like their pontiacs discounted: Kia

For those who miss their pontiac: Honda

For those who don't give a $h!: Toyota

There are no other choices....

Not sure; would have to go shopping. Likely something from either Buick, Chevrolet or Ford... or possibly ChryCo. More likely : gently used within the next 1-2 years. Wonder what G8 V6s will be retailing for then??

G8 buyers will likely head to Chrysler since they are the only company that provides a comparable vehicle.

The rest of them that aren't hung up on the badge will just head to Chevy.

Those who swear off GM because Pontiac gets killed will head probably to Ford or Chrysler.

I just can't bring myself to like the Chryslers though. I drove my brother's Charger, and I didn't like it. They all seem too tall, and truckish for my taste.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead