Mike The Canadian

Heated Windshield Washer Fluid

64 posts in this topic

The commercials are a good start... The look, feel, and style of the commercials are very different from what has come out of Buick. The commercials are establishing a different perception of Buick. Let's see if this new marketing direction carries over to other Buick vehicles. "Beyond Precision" needs to clearly portray all of Buick. The Terraza & LaCrosse need similar commercials. A commercial featuring all of Buick's line-up would also help.

He needs to take a breath, or slow down when they show it blasting the snowflake.

"Heated Windshield Washer Fluid?" WTF is that going to do for me in southern California? NOW I know you guys in Canada and the north would find that beneficial....it's just that I can't see basing an entire advertisement on such a feature that only a select part of the country would even care about. I saw the commercial briefly a few days ago, and unfortunately, that's all I remember about it....the "heated windshield washer fluid." Not a good way IMHO to spend your ad dollars. They need to be talking about the Lucerne's engineering, or the (supposedly) european-inspired ride, handling, and feel. OR the NorthStar V8 powertrain. OR the much-improved interior and roominess, yadda, yadda. Who knows....maybe they did talk about those things.....but unfortunately, all I remember, or took away from the ad, was the "heated windshield washer fluid." That won't get younger, import-minded consumers into a Buick showroom.

I've found FWD to be fine in the snow.  AWD is nice, but it sucks up gas and is noisier.

[post="53068"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hell yeah! 99% of the time FWD is great in the snow.

"Heated Windshield Washer Fluid?"  WTF is that going to do for me in southern California?

NOW I know you guys in Canada and the north would find that beneficial....it's just that I can't see basing an entire advertisement on such a feature that only a select part of the country would even care about.

I saw the commercial briefly a few days ago, and unfortunately, that's all I remember about it....the "heated windshield washer fluid."  Not a good way IMHO to spend your ad dollars.

They need to be talking about the Lucerne's engineering, or the (supposedly) european-inspired ride, handling, and feel.  OR the NorthStar V8 powertrain.  OR the much-improved interior and roominess, yadda, yadda.

Who knows....maybe they did talk about those things.....but unfortunately, all I remember, or took away from the ad, was the "heated windshield washer fluid."  That won't get younger, import-minded consumers into a Buick showroom.

[post="53127"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

All true. If they want people to TRULLY get the idea that the Lucerne is finally something different, and something that can go toe to toe with some of the best (imports) out there, then they better start focusing on the engineering, interior, ride/handling, etc.

Can't help but say it, but focusing on a feature like heated washer fluid (which is great, but...), reminds me of the days several years ago when GM tried to be the "button leader" and have more buttons and computer functions/controls than anyone else. Cool feature, but it belittles such a great car to actually make a point out of highlighting that on its own commercial.

As someone pointed out months ago, heated washer fluid will also make dead bug removal easier, so people in warmer climates will benefit.

As someone pointed out months ago, heated washer fluid will also make dead bug removal easier, so people in warmer climates will benefit.

[post="53159"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's great. BUT, do they really need a specific commercial for it? I could see mentioning it in conjunction with other stuff, just not by itself.

That's great.  BUT, do they really need a specific commercial for it?  I could see mentioning it in conjunction with other stuff, just not by itself.

[post="53171"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, it doesn't really deserve a commercial, most of the population lives where it will snow sometime. All people really need to do is think to themselves, "Heated washer fluid. It doesn't snow here, I just get cat-sized mosquitos running into my car. Hey! Maybe that stuff will help remove the bug gunk!" It would also help if salespeople pointed this out to perspective car buyers in the hot 'n humid south.

No, it doesn't really deserve a commercial, most of the population lives where it will snow sometime.  All people really need to do is think to themselves, "Heated washer fluid.  It doesn't snow here, I just get cat-sized mosquitos running into my car.  Hey!  Maybe that stuff will help remove the bug gunk!"  It would also help if salespeople pointed this out to perspective car buyers in the hot 'n humid south.

[post="53180"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Exactly. Mention it, maybe, in a commercial, and make sure the dealers KNOW the car inside and out, and point that out to potential buyers.

I think this commercial is a good start--what would be nice is if these commercials aired close to one another... for example, you have the heated washer fluid commercial, then another commercial then maybe another Buick commercial. Or one Buick commercial at the start of each commercial break in a show's hour (or half hour). I just think this commercial would work best as if it were in a sequence of commercials.

Perhaps this commercial is only be shown in the parts of the country where it does snow?

Perhaps this commercial is only be shown in the parts of the country where it does snow?

[post="53287"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, they play it in sunny Los Angeles.

I think the heated washer fluid commercial is a good idea, doesn't the Avalon have a similar commercial out?? Anyways, I saw my first Lucerne on the road today while on my way to work, Oh my ********** Gawd did I fall in love pretty much immediately. I cannot believe how much better than car looks in person as opposed to GM official pics. I am 20 years old and I would feel like I was driving in high style in the Lucerne and would never make an excuse for driving it.

I think the heated washer fluid commercial is a good idea, doesn't the Avalon have a similar commercial out??

[post="53297"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Toyota's commercial is about the rain-sensing windshield wipers, something Buick has had for, oh, nine years. But kudos to Avalon for catching up.

You guys think I could possibly get one of these windshield wiper fluid heaters for my dad's '05 Grand Prix?

Toyota's commercial is about the rain-sensing windshield wipers, something Buick has had for, oh, nine years. But kudos to Avalon for catching up.

[post="53321"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:lol: I had to laugh when I saw that Avalon commercial. The Park Avenue had rain-sensing wipers since 1997, but Toyota is advertising it like they just invented it. :rolleyes: I hate Toyota because all they do is steal ideas and designs. Edited by BuickEight

But think about it, Buick never really advertised it. At least not enough for me to notice it. Anyway, I think all of this is embarassing. Is this all Buick has to show for?

But think about it, Buick never really advertised it. At least not enough for me to notice it.

Anyway, I think all of this is embarassing. Is this all Buick has to show for?

[post="53381"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Avalon comes out with a feature that Buick has for 9 years and advertises it.

Buick comes out with a feature that is fairly new and unique...

and it's embarassing for Buick?

Luxury marquees have had heated windshield washer fluid for years. GOD, Buick is STEALING! :rolleyes:

I think the heated washer fluid commercial is a good idea, doesn't the Avalon have a similar commercial out??  Anyways, I saw my first Lucerne on the road today while on my way to work, Oh my ********** Gawd did I fall in love pretty much immediately.  I cannot believe how much better than car looks in person as opposed to GM official pics.  I am 20 years old and I would feel like I was driving in high style in the Lucerne and would never make an excuse for driving it.

[post="53297"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's an equally stupid commercial. First time I saw it, I though "What?! :o ...they're actually ADVERTISING that? A crapload of GM cars have had that for eons...."

Shows that poor marketing occurs EVERYWHERE. Too damn bad GM can't find a firm that can ever do something 100% right, and find a way to really get the RIGHT message across. But, at the same time, Toyota can clearly make just as weird of decisions. Edited by caddycruiser

What?!! This is a GREAT commercial! It goes to help erase the "old person car" stigma with new technology, tasteful music, memorable taglines, and a slight bit of humor that mimics the avalon commercial. It's one of the best pieces of advertisement GM has put out for awhile (excluding HUMMER and Cadillac.) Look at the dynamics of the commerical and not the real message. It will have more subtle effects on consumers so that if it is advertised continually well and on a fairly regular basis, it can change the entire image of Buick. Think outside the box, fellas.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor