2008 STINGRAY!

2 seaters are a limited market and M has it well cover at this point.

[post="67135"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree with many of your points, but you can hardly argue that the M is even in the same ballpark. The cheapest M starts at a hair under $50,000. A V6 Kappa would more likely be in the $30-35,000 range. They hit signifigantly different (though I agree, limited) markets. The competition from Sky, Solstice, and Miata are much more important.

I agree with many of your points, but you can hardly argue that the M is even in the same ballpark.  The cheapest M starts at a hair under $50,000.  A V6 Kappa would more likely be in the $30-35,000 range.  They hit signifigantly different (though I agree, limited) markets.  The competition from Sky, Solstice, and Miata are much more important.

[post="67465"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sorry, It was a typo I ment GM Not M series.

GM is offering 4 two seaters in the States and my point they have it well covered now.

Chevy just could put the money to a higher profit and volume car.

As much a Chevy fan as I am, Buick and Saab could use this car a lot more. Between the Cobalt SSs and the Camaro, I think Chevy has affordable performance covered.

[post="66993"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

According to the MT article, SAAB is getting a roadster as well... but not on the Kappa... it will also be FWD.

GM DOESN'T NEED THIS FRIGGIN' STINGRAY!!! NO MORE KAPPA ROADSTERS!!! THE SOLSTICE AND SKY ARE ENOUGH!!! WHY DOESN'T GM GET IT? IF CHEVY HAS TO GET A KAPPA WHY DON'T IT BE A nomad? or a 2+2 Curve like coupe, though I think pontiac should get it with a 4-door layout like the ION QUAD COUPE AND RX8..

Has anyone checked out where the images come from?

www.creatingthelie.com

says it right on the bottom of the picture. It's someone else's suggestion of GM vehicles and others.

[post="72673"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Those Corvette Stig Ray's are... yes...

The Kappa one shown in Motor Trend is a drawing from GM.

• 3 weeks later...

GM DOESN'T NEED THIS FRIGGIN' STINGRAY!!! NO MORE KAPPA ROADSTERS!!! THE SOLSTICE AND SKY ARE ENOUGH!!! WHY DOESN'T GM GET IT?

I don't see Miata's flying out of the showrooms, what the hell is wrong with GM STOP WAISTING MONEY YOU GUY'S ARE PISSING ME OFF! And if the brass at GM knew anything about me they would know that for GM to piss me off they have to be screwing up REAL BAD! Hey Miata's are not flying out of the showrooms but Subaru's sure as hell are, at least where I live. Lets see take the Forester for example. I see a crap load of them on the streets of eastern Long Island a place where a lot of people (not me) can afford to buy just about anything they want. But yet there are Foresters everywhere. Humm you can get it with up to 230 hp, it has 4 wheel independent suspension, side air bags, a versatile as hell interior, less than $25000.00, 4wd and you can get a manual transmission. ITS A TOOL TO GET AROUND IN ALL KINDS OF CONDITIONS! Hey GM how about producing something like that? A family workhorse that’s not boring as hell. Your full size SUV's are not SPORT UTILITY vehicles they are fashion statements for posers and guess what, the fashion is changing. Meanwhile you have left all your customers who need a 4wd tool like vehicle to either buy one of your 5000+ lb behemoths with automatic everything, leather, AND NO UTILITY AT ALL because a bunch of dopes thought they were cool five years ago, or to go somewhere else! Yeah I have a Camaro that I polish and look at in the garage from time to time and don't drive and you need to produce cars like that in several price ranges, but car guy’s have to go to Costco in a snowstorm sometimes too and will have to go year after year and there are a lot of them. BUILD SOMETHING FOR THEM, SUBARU DOES! :angry:

Posted Image
AMBASSADOR IS KING
Just picture it with drapes inside for the back windows and check out those rims COOL MAN :alcoholic:

Edited by SODDOFFBALDRICKZ28

I don't care for idea of a 2 seat convertible for Chevy at all. They have the Corvette and the upcoming Camaro. Solstice and Sky are plenty. Its not like there is ahuge market for 2 seat convertibles anyhow. As for the "Sting Ray" thats from a Corvette and should not be used on a different car. I don't even like the name Sting Ray---did it ever mean anything?? They should build the Nomad--in a qaud coupe/2+2 configuration. Could sell very well.

NO no no no... bad idea terrible idea... blasphemous even first of all... the stingray nameplate should NEVER be on any car other than a corvette...no little kappa roadster... second... NEVER EVER do i EVER want to hear that something named "Stingray" is going to have a V6 in it... or even worse an I4 i swear i will be beyond angry if they do this to that classic nameplate.. when i think Stingray i think L88 or ZL1... big mean V8s that tore up the road... not a little roadster with a V6 that glides down them... i REFUSE this idea and it should never EVER be mentioned again... altho a chevy kappa wouldnt be too bad... just do NOT name it stingray dont even think of naming it stingray... dont even name it anything CLOSE to stingray

and avro... for asking if the name Stingray ever meant anything... shame on you... go research the entire third generation of corvettes... right now... Stingray is one of the most meaningful names in american supercar history... right up there with Shelby... it means EVERYTHING for the true corvette enthusiast...

NO

and avro... for asking if the name Stingray ever meant anything... shame on you... go research the entire third generation of corvettes... right now... Stingray is one of the most meaningful names in american supercar history... right up there with Shelby... it means EVERYTHING for the true corvette enthusiast...

[post="92867"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Stingray maybe a reconizable name....but what does it mean? Did you get a different engine ect?

sigh..... :hissyfit: I'll go see if I can find that out...although truthfully I cannot stand C3 Corvettes--well 1970-1982 anyhow. I wouldn't turn my back on a 69 ZL1! :P

Stingray maybe a reconizable name....but what does it mean? Did you get a different engine ect?

sigh..... :hissyfit: I'll go see if I can find that out...although truthfully I cannot stand C3 Corvettes--well 1970-1982 anyhow. I wouldn't turn my back on a 69 ZL1! :P

[post="92872"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The greatest Corvettes of the past were Sting Rays (2 words)--the '63-67 C2. I don't really care for the C3s, though...

[post="92872"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

no you didnt get a different engine... i think early C2s and maybe late C3s were the only ones in that time span to not be called stingray... one or two words... but when you say stingray... most people eaither think of the 427 C2 or the L88 C3... both two of the most recognizable cars that have ever rolled out of detroit... what Stingray means... is corvette heritage... the most recognizable and loved corvettes of all time... and the name should not be disgraced with a V6 kappa... but also... im not going to say that you must love the C3s... bcuz that would be ignorant... but what dont you like about them?

IIRC from articles I've read, the 'Sting Ray' was '63-67, then the name wasn't used in '68, and then 'Stingray' from '69-77 (maybe '76?). Anyway, it's been about 30 years since it's been used; maybe Chevy is assuming buyers today won't associate it with the Corvette..or if they do it will be a positive affiliation for the Kappa model.

• 2 weeks later...

no you didnt get a different engine... i think early C2s and maybe late C3s were the only ones in that time span to not be called stingray... one or two words... but when you say stingray... most people eaither think of the 427 C2 or the L88 C3... both two of the most recognizable cars that have ever rolled out of detroit... what Stingray means... is corvette heritage... the most recognizable and loved corvettes of all time... and the name should not be disgraced with a V6 kappa... but also... im not going to say that you must love the C3s... bcuz that would be ignorant... but what dont you like about them?

[post="93081"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The massive exagerated fenders, the doors, basicaly the whole car. Interesting that has been the only Corvette I ever got a ride in. damn :AH-HA_wink: talk about irony!

I know all about L-88s and ZL1s but have never associated the word Stingray with them.

It has history and some name recognition, I agree. But if it was never anyting special, its just a badge, like LT, then its not that great afterall.

My favourite Corvette is the 90-95 ZR1.

• 1 month later...

I agree, we don't need a Stingray, or for Corvette to be it's own brand. We have the base Vette, the Z06, and maybe a production version of the "Blue Devil" in a few years. That's enough for the line-up for me. Then what would Chevy's sports car be if Corvette was it's own brand? The Camaro? A new Chevelle? I don't think so. The Corvette was America's first sports car made by Chevy and it should remain that way. I mean the Camaro isn't a sports car, it was introduced originally as a muscle-car and that's what the concept looks like. The Camaro or the Chevelle or any other car couldn't be Chevy's new Corvette.

Concept: A+

MT sketch: F+

hyperv6  Jan 2 2006, 10:27 PM Post #9

Chevy needs this like Pontiac needs another Aztec.

It would only rob sales from the Vette and any future Camaro convetible sales. 

Not... not even close. 4 banger, 2 passanger, sub-compact ragtops

do NOT steal sales away from 2+2 V8 powered musclecars with

"usable" trunks and 40 years of heritage.

The massive exagerated fenders, the doors, basicaly the whole car. Interesting that has been the only Corvette I ever got a ride in. damn :AH-HA_wink: talk about irony!

I know all about L-88s and ZL1s but have never associated the word Stingray with them.

It has history and some name recognition, I agree. But if it was never anyting special, its just a badge, like LT, then its not that great afterall.

My favourite Corvette is the 90-95 ZR1.

:blink: the L-88 and ZL1... L88 only existed in 1968 and 1969... ZL1 only existed in 1969... both years were guess what? STINGRAY!!!

okay so it was applied to all corvettes from that era... but corvettes from that era were IMO the most beautiful cars ever to grace the road...

how do you hate the C3s... i dont get it? im not saying you have to love them... but how can you say they dont look amazing? they are so graceful an powerful at the same time...

there is an aura about a C3 corvette that has only been captured again by the new C6... an look at a C6... there are obvious hints at a C3... and C3 IS stingray... the name cant be seperated from corvette... i can promise it will cause a huge uproar in the corvette community...

that name is something special to corvette lovers... not necessarily because of a certain engine or anything special... but because of the generation of cars it represents... an era when american cars rule the roads and the corvette was king... and THAT is what stingray means... it is the crown atop the head of a C3 corvette... designating this car... as something special

Edited by 04monteintimidator

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Z07...? That's lame as hell. I hope they go with Stingray or Sting Ray. :D

• 3 months later...