Variance

Will you actually buy a Camaro?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Will you actually buy a Camaro?

• Yes, definitely!
    • Maybe, I'll have to see it first.
    • Nah. I'd just like GM to have it.
    • I don't even want it back.

I dont think it will sell good if it is made as retro as the mustang to compete as it cuz everyone would say o well they just copying ford, thats why someppl dont like the HHR cuz the think they copied chrysler but does it really matter i mean car makers make all sorts of cars in different classes to compete with each other but that isnt considered copying

Honestly, I dont even miss it, the only reason I want it back is so people will stop bitching. Camaro guys are, in my experience, all talk where Mustang guys typically back the talk up by buying the car, so I'm sure that if the Camaro were to go on sale tomorrow, have a standard V8 and start at $18,995, we'd hear a lot of people saying, "I want one, I cant wait until my car is payed off" yadda yadda yadda and the numbers will be pretty low until GM drops it again.

Ok i have to agree with Satty if i wanted one i would have to wait for one of my Chevy's leases to end, i also probaly wouldnt be able to get one with the way gas is going so i guess u could say i would like gm to have it, maybe my wife wont miss her Cobalt if i trade it in

Well, put it to you this way.. If the Camaro doesn't come out or if it sucks, I'm buying a Challenger. However, think about it. A Camaro can't be cheap if it's the only car on its platform. Obviously there'll be Buick, Pontiac, and other Chevrolet models off of the platform.

The Camaro is great and everythign and I would love to see it come back...I lvoe the camaro, but personally I wouldn't buy one...not as my primary car anyways...unless of course it had the right styling and all around performance...I mean, I know it would kill in straight line and top speed, but it needs to handle well and drive well also as a daily driver...it needs to have a nice, atleast somewhat high quality, comfortable interior and needs to leave the driver not feeling like it is lacking in any specific area...Basically, just a toned down vette I guess...something that is obviously a bit heavier and bulkier, more brutish...though something that can still come with power plants that in some cases may even exceed the vette's...obviously a camaro would never have the performance characteristics of a vette, but that doesn't mean it can't have some 450 hp engine in one of the upper trims and maybe even an engine exceeding 500hp and then some in the higher trims, with gearing ratios that would put a vette to shame on the drag strip...it just needs to be an all out muscle car...but a car that fits within today's day and age...so basically, the tires shouldn't screech when turning a corner at normal driving speeds...we all know the vette is the best sports car around...the blue devil will probably be one of the fastest cars to ever hit the streets, but the vette is mroe refined than a camaro...the camaro should be big, brutish and have a ton of power...you need to hear it a mile away...you need to pretty much be able to pull up next to any car in the camaro, floor it, and lay waste to whatever was next to you...even if it is a vette (well, maybe a base vette...maybe the top camaro can match the Z06 in acceleration)...

lol...that's not necessarily true...well...maybe a little...well, I don't know...right now if BMW made a camaro it would probably be ugly...actually, I guess you could consider the 6er as BMW's camaro, in which case, that is a sick car and in M6 form I am sure it will kick total ass...but honestly, the only cars I like from BMW are mostly older cars...I like the current 6 series, but I really like the older 6 series, I like the 8 series, I like the e38 7 series, the e39 5 series (duh) and the e46 3 series... But don't get me wrong, I would buy a camaro I guess...just not at this point in time, and I as far as camaros go at this point, I dont really know what to expect from GM...I mean, who knows...I was seriously considering a GTO before I made the decision to go with a 540 6-speed... I am just goin based on what I need right now...Bimmers are penis extenders and that is a known fact...I need a Bimmer :P

Well, no, I wouldn't buy it. If a Firebird came with it, I might consider the 'Bird if I could afford it. If a Fiero came out... I'd sell everything in, and including, my life if it would get me it. Never going to happen unless GM sells Pontiac... GM hates Fieros. That's why they cancelled them for the Vette. Bastards.

I'd definitely get one. The Cobalt should be paid off by then, and I'd like to add to the stable if finances allow. Nick, a new Camaro would be at least as good as the current GTO in terms of handling. Depending on what platform underpins it, it could be even lighter and more athletic.

If I ever find out which three people voted "I don't even want it back." I'll kick their virtual buts! <_<

No, bring it back, but as this: FWD, 4-cylinder tuned for overrated horsepower and NO torque, 4-speed automatic only, 4-door sedan, engineered by Daewoo and turns out to be a rebadged Optra. :lol: I think that would be worse than not bringing it back. Edited by ToniCipriani

If it looks overly retro (like the mustang) then NO WAY, I dont want one...... if its NOT retro, and still has a corvette eng/tran (hopefully with a solid axle) then I would buy a Z28 in an instant right now...... In fact I would buy two (wife wants one also).... stupid GM, I still can't believe we've been witout a Camaro for 3 years now.... Hopefully GM will redeem itself by making an affordable mustang beater soon.... stupid stupid GM...

If it looks overly retro (like the mustang) then NO WAY, I dont want one...... if its NOT retro, and still has a corvette eng/tran (hopefully with a solid axle) then I would buy a Z28 in an instant right now......  In fact I would buy two (wife wants one also).... stupid GM, I still can't believe we've been witout a Camaro for 3 years now....  Hopefully GM will redeem itself by making an affordable mustang beater soon....  stupid stupid GM...

[post="7237"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Technically four years. The car year is already beginning for '06. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

Not only would I get one, but my girlfriend would love ditching her 02 mustang gt for a new Camaro and my little bro would'nt mind having one either. Even my gf's brother, who is into Fords but has a 9 second Buick GN, is all over the artist renderings of a new Camaro. Besides people who want one, my Porsche loving/driving friend realizes that Chevy NEEDS a Camaro and that it would be awesome to have it back!

Honestly, I dont even miss it, the only reason I want it back is so people will stop bitching.  Camaro guys are, in my experience, all talk where Mustang guys typically back the talk up by buying the car, so I'm sure that if the Camaro were to go on sale tomorrow, have a standard V8 and start at $18,995, we'd hear a lot of people saying, "I want one, I cant wait until my car is payed off" yadda yadda yadda and the numbers will be pretty low until GM drops it again.

[post="5324"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe you don't miss it because you have never owned or experianced one.
I've owned seven over the last twenty years, and we'll keep on making a
stink until GM brings it back.!!!

I probably dont miss it because the Camaro (and Firebird) accounted for such a small number of sales that any money GM put into them was money being taken away from another program that actually could help the bottom line, like more refined engines, better interiors, other things the masses want in the appliances they buy by the millions. I'm not saying that the F-bodies are the reason the last Impala had an interior that looked like a bunch of RubberMaid buckets thrown together, but we are starting to get better cars about 4 years after the F-bodies died and cars are typically on 4-6 year cycles.

Come 09 when my VUE is paid off I'll definitely buy one if GM doesn't completely screw it up. I looking for 3200 lbs., V8 power, manual transmission, good handling and the ability to fit very fat tires. I already have a heavily modified 92 Camaro that I've been autocrossing for five years.

<------------ is a Camaro owner. If I got a new one it would be my 5th Camaro to date. Hell yes I would buy one. I plan on having one Camaro from every generation. I even like the Camro better than the Corvette. Yeah the new Z06 is freakin amazing, but I would hold true to my first love. GM bring it back and bring it with authority.

<------------ is a Camaro owner.

Hell yes I would buy one. I plan on having one Camaro from every generation. I even like the Camro better than the Corvette. Yeah the new Z06 is freakin amazing,  but I would hold true to my first love. GM bring it back and bring it with authority.

[post="7413"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

same here! :cheers:

I guess that I am in the same "soon to graduate college" boat. I would get one. My first car, same car I drive today, is a Camaro V6...I know not what the Camaro was known for, but if has been a good car. I have put more than 100,000 on the odo since I have owned it, and it can still get me from home to college on one tank (almost on fumes but she gets there :) ). Aside from typical wear and tear, I haven't had too many problems with it. If/when they do make a 5th gen I would like a top end V8 in it. And by the time it comes out my tickets will be off my record...8mph over what crap. // c0ld_phuz10n

I would consider it if it was executed right. The 2nd and 3rd generation F-bodies were some of my favorite cars when I was growing up, but I sort of outgrew them. I'm not interested in an overly low vehicle with huge overhangs, but if it comes out more in spirit with the first generation as expected and without being overly retro, I may bite.

I voted yes, most definitely. In 2002 I was all set to buy a SS. My wife (and the fact that I had just bought a brand new house) convinced me instead (in that all too subtle wifely persuasive way) to buy a pick-em-up truck. So I have lived with that regret for the intervening 3 and a half years. If they bring out a new Camaro (which looks very likely according to Red Planet) I will most definitely buy one, as long as it is a Camaro (i.e. RWD, V-8, attitude) Retro or Evolutionary, LRA or IRS all that matters to me is that it looks like a Camaro and goes fast. If they fail in this (which I seriously doubt) then I will look at the next gen GTO or a C-6 (possibly a Challenger as well). Long story short, if they build it true to form, I will buy it!

I probably dont miss it because the Camaro (and Firebird) accounted for such a small number of sales that any money GM put into them was money being taken away from another program that actually could help the bottom line, like more refined engines, better interiors, other things the masses want in the appliances they buy by the millions.  I'm not saying that the F-bodies are the reason the last Impala had an interior that looked like a bunch of RubberMaid buckets thrown together, but we are starting to get better cars about 4 years after the F-bodies died and cars are typically on 4-6 year cycles.

[post="7294"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You sure have a hard on to bash Camaros. Anything else that sucks about the car, or why GM shouldn't bring it back?

I think they look great. I'm 6'1" and fit in decently. Most younger people drive like idiots with all cars.  :angry: You have a big mouth.

[post="8030"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's okay. Satty drives a *gasp* old Saturn. He's just jealous. :P

No, bring it back, but as this:

FWD, 4-cylinder tuned for overrated horsepower and NO torque, 4-speed automatic only, 4-door sedan, engineered by Daewoo and turns out to be a rebadged Optra.

[post="7165"][/post]

Posted Image Edited by Sixty8panther