I got 12 inches last night

ocnblu

Frogger, that was all shovel. It took me a good two hours. The clean line you see going behind the mailbox at the sidewalk was my neighbor (two houses up) last night with his snowblower, he did the sidewalk and we got 3 more inches afterward. All those piles and that jagged line at the driveway are shoveled.

Edited by ocnblu

Frogger, that was all shovel. It took me a good two hours. The clean line you see going behind the mailbox at the sidewalk was my neighbor (two houses up) last night with his snowblower, he did the sidewalk and we got 3 more inches afterward. All those piles and that jagged line at the driveway are shoveled.

so your neighbor plowed you out... did he have to come back and do it again later?

Yeah, yesterday was nice...

An hour to dig out of one house... had about 8-9 inches... about 1.5 hours to drive 30 miles to other house.

Had to park in street and dig into other house... 24 inches at the lowest... 3'-4' drifts and about 36 inches at the street of frozen slush from the plows... didn't dig a spot for the car, but had to cut a walkway 100 foot long.

Takes 2 hours to get home, helped dig out a guy stuck blocking the AC Expressway entrance. I really which the frigging plow guys didn't plow across on/off ramps and intersections... its not easy driving across a 2-3 foot high pile of plowings... this dude didn't carry enough momentum and got pretty badly high centered.

Get home... and the plows and snow have filled in my driveway... dig in AGAIN for 30 minutes.

All told, a 1.5 hour round trip turned into into nearly a 6 hour excursion... get to do it again today, but I'll have to dig a car spot at the other place.

Later, assuming the flight comes in, I have to drive from AC to JFK and back to pick up family... once their home, I'll likely have to dig out there cars as well. Fun.

I'm getting too old for this crap... I might get a snowblower next year, if I can find one that fits in the car easily.

Edited by SAmadei

so your neighbor plowed you out... did he have to come back and do it again later?

*scanning for hidden meanings* :)

Well, he only cleared the sidewalk with his snowblower (he's still mad about my hillclimb and subsequent "Chevy Power!" comment). I shoveled the driveway out and to the street, in front of the mailbox, and the front steps. The darn plow had me plowed in about 2 feet deep and hard and crusty out at the street, it took a while to get that broken up.

It was a good day. It got me off my butt. And I went and looked at that Navy Blue 2010 Canyon over in New Holland. Quick math in my head says it will be more than I want to spend with my trade and downpayment, but we'll see, I requested a quote via email.

{Wonders when huge dollop poised over driveway will fall from roof and freeze infront of garage door}.

So that's the domicile, eh? What would that be termed- a 'bi-duplex' ?

IMO, I'd keep to similar shingle colors if you do your half, since the only visual difference (beside garage door windows) is shutter color.

Well loki if you think about it...since he was bent over while he was shoveling...he did take twelve inches bent over for about two hours.

No wonder he keeps posting those little smiley faces!

Ah, now see ... THAT is the type of snowfall I'd LOVE to see ... about midnight on Christmas Eve.

:)

I've seen some awesome pics from friends on the east coast from this storm ... just ... amazing.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

CDshowcase.HOLIDAY | Thursday.December 24 | noon-3p.CENTRAL = www.WRMN1410.com

"Rockies are calling, Denver snow falling" ... Steve Wariner/Alabama ... 'Tennessee Christmas'

:roflmao:

Well loki if you think about it...since he was bent over while he was shoveling...he did take twelve inches bent over for about two hours.

No wonder he keeps posting those little smiley faces!

:roflmao:

Edited by ZL-1

We might get 3 inches a year. About once every 10 years, we may see one snowfall of about 6-10 inches.

Heh ... Saturday, 12/26/09, the FORECAST was for 3" of snowfall ... by night. We RECEIVED ... 11" of snowfall ... by nightfall. They were a bit off, but I'm glad they weren't originally predicting 10+ inches...lol.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"The children want to know why we hung the mistletoe" ... Ronnie Milsap ... 'It's Christmas'