Cologne

tmp

Maybe some of you guys don't wear any, but I do. I don't wear enough that you can smell me coming a mile away (you have to get pretty close), but I've gotten many compliments: all from female co-workers. When I was young, my favorite was Christian Dior's Eau Sauvage. I usually like light, citrus scents like Annick Goutal's Eau de Hadrien or Eau du Sud, which are primarily lemon and grapefruit. I switch in cooler weather to Index's Cucumber Baie and Pomegranite Anise. Lately, I've been wearing Serge Lutens' Borneo 1834, which is patchouli and cocoa, and his Chene, which is cedar, oak and thyme.

If you like wearing cologne, I suggest you seek out the Index line by Fresh. They aren't too expensive, are available pretty much everywhere and last very well. (No, I don't work for them) The other ones I like are great, but are more expensive and harder to find.

And for you boys who think cologne is too gay, I've had girls in elevators practially attach thenselves to me like limpets asking me about my Eau de Sud....

What do you guys like?

I used to wear chrome...that stuff was pretty good. I'm wearing Fierce right now by A&F...I've recieved many compliments on it and the ladies love it. Seriously. I have had several girls come and sit on my lap and sniff me and compliment me on how good I smell...

What's a good... um... cologne for a gay guy? :D I still need suggestions.

Anyways, I wear crappy Bod-crappy-man crappy spray. Meh... it's not bad, but it's not great either. It doesn't work in attracting guys to me either... :lol::P Otherwise, I also have some stuff called "Iron" and "Drakkar Noir". Both get the same "Meh..." reaction as Bodman. As you can see... I really need a new cologne. A good one.

Anyways, I wear crappy Bod-crappy-man crappy spray. Meh... it's not bad, but it's not great either. It doesn't work in attracting guys to me either... :lol::P Otherwise, I also have some stuff called "Iron" and "Drakkar Noir". Both get the same "Meh..." reaction as Bodman. As you can see... I really need a new cologne. A good one.

Here ya go:

http://www.hollisterco.com/webapp/wcs/stor..._-1_12571_12551

One of my friends describes it as smelling like "boy."

I don't know you well, but reading your posts, I think that Serge Lutens Daim Blond would fit you. It's a combination of fig and suede. Very sexy.

Drakkar Noir

Orgasmic = sexy.  It's a local slang from Indianapolis., most specifically from our high school.

I've used that term for eons and I have just passed through Indy. It means something "off the Richter scale."

A bottle of cologne was once given to me as a gift. It was a Davidoff product. I've used it about 3 times. It sits there in my medicine cabinet staring at me. I prefer my Zoloft. :lol:

I've used that term for eons and I have just passed through Indy.  It means something "off the Richter scale."

A bottle of cologne was once given to me as a gift.  It was a Davidoff product.  I've used it about 3 times.  It sits there in my medicine cabinet staring at me.  I prefer my Zoloft. :lol:

Finally someone else NOT from my HS who isn't puzzled beyond belief at the use of that word...

Have you guys smelled that Hummer H1 and H2 cologne yet? I remember going into a Sephora (perfume/cologne store) with my sister and I saw it in there...I smelled it but I couldnt remember if it was good or bad...my nostrils were kinda shot after helping my sister pick out some perfume...

Blackbeard's delight and Sex Panther... made from real bits of panther.

60% of the time, it works every time! B)

"Fierce" by A&F

"Touch" and "London" by Burberry

"Pour Homme" by Givenchy

"Crave" by CK

"Happy" by Clinique

"Aqua di Gio" by Armani

...and a few more of which I cannot recall the names. I am too lazy to get up and check, too. 'Tis good to have variety.

Sorry Nick... neglected to read the rest of the thread, just saw the A.M. referance and went for it... :P

Right now, it's something cheaper but pleasantly scented.

It's Domain, from Mary Kay. My friend's mom peddles Mary Kay stuff, and I liked the smell of it.

Plus, "everyone" (like the ladies) enjoy its scent.

Also, some Axe stuff once in awhile, but never in combination with the above. Ugh. That would be nasty, some horrible cocktail of odours, blech!

Edited by MyerShift

Lately, I've been wearing Serge Lutens' Borneo 1834, which is patchouli and cocoa, and his Chene, which is cedar, oak and thyme.

Hey, this is how sheltered and bookish I was...growing up on the west side of LA, no less.

I would go to high school and periodically come across this unusual smell. I now know it is patchouli oil.

But I didn't know it then. And this smell was almost always on surfers or surfer chicks. For years, I thought that smell was marijuana!