ocnblu

STARlinerS & rallye STRIPES FOREVER!

69 posts in this topic

No way... is it July already? Seen any nice grills lately? Post your spots right in here.

Satin black 1st gen CTS-v, titanium colored grille, wheels and trim. Dark window tint. Looked evil in the desert heat..

a cale yarburogh edition mercury cyclone spoiler. red and white (cause the dan gurneys are blue and white) a lone car on a hauler heading towards interstate 85... man i wish i had my camera out in time to snag it. it needed a resto but it was complete. dont thing i have ever seen one in person, they seem kinda rare.

1964 CdV in that ubiquitous Cadillac Silver-Gold-Green color, the name of which escapes me.

Also since today is Canada Day- it's also the Maple Leaf Forever.

:CanadaEmoticon:

Spotless Platinum Ice white SRX with the 20" chromies...love the look of these on the road.

Heading home, saw a bronze and also clearly brand new shimmering "new" Buick heading towards me. Like a Lacrosse, but I couldn't think for a second, then realized it was a new Regal. Really great looking on the road. Out of state tags.

so... going to my new job's orientation today...30 miles south or so, I saw an old econoline(i think) made into a crewcab truck, basically, and on the way home say a blazer with a conversion van roof extension on top of it.

(copied from the june one....cause i put it in the wrong thread)

Edited by loki

On the freeway heading home, I saw an '85-86 or so dark gray Electra 4dr in minty condition w/ Idaho plates. Haven't seen a nice one of those in eons..

Saw some little amphibious car with tailfins the other day. No idea what it was, but it was kinda cool.

I'd love to have that Bonneville, vonVee!

Saw some little amphibious car with tailfins the other day. No idea what it was, but it was kinda cool.

Had to be an Amphicar.

I see them now and then.

Had to be an Amphicar.

I see them now and then.

Yeah, probably. You and I see them because there is a collector locally. IIRC, he used to have his collection near Mays Landing... but I think he may have moved. In any case, he used to drive them all over the Delaware Valley... used to sail it up the Great Egg Harbor River and the Delaware... and was featured in a bunch of newspapers...

He toned it all down when he got one stuck on a rock/rapids in the Delaware somewhere north of Trenton about 10 years ago, IIRC. Unfortunately, that REALLY made the papers after the authorities had to rescue him.

I literally used to see the cars at least once a week... but I haven't seen one in a while now.

Just now saw a car that was full of fail.

It was a Vega GT, the engine sounded pretty badass, but the body was in shambles.

It was this same color,

060818005.10.jpg

But then the owner took a paint roller to it to try and make a General Lee.

Saw an Austin-Healey 3000 in all white out for an early morning, top down cruise this morning on my way to the race car garage.

Edited by Camino LS6

Had to be an Amphicar.

I see them now and then.

Yep, I googled it and that looks to be what it was. Interesting that they were made from 1961-65...I would have thought about 1957 or so.

Saw a '57 Chevy 150 4dr sedan at Starbucks. Done in 'rat rod' style, battered, painted primer gray w/ red steel wheels. My sister was surprised to see a car from her birthyear out being driven. It's rare to see anything older than 20-25 yrs old in our neighborhood, let alone 53 years..

Also saw a very clean '83-84 Buick Electra Park Avenue 4dr in silver /w silver top.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Yesterday, saw a shiny red Pontiac G3 with Michigan plates. Sporty! I don't recall ever seeing a G3 on the road before. Then saw a black Ferrari 550 Maranello.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.