Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

STARlinerS & rallye STRIPES FOREVER!

a cale yarburogh edition mercury cyclone spoiler. red and white (cause the dan gurneys are blue and white) a lone car on a hauler heading towards interstate 85... man i wish i had my camera out in time to snag it. it needed a resto but it was complete. dont thing i have ever seen one in person, they seem kinda rare.

Spotless Platinum Ice white SRX with the 20" chromies...love the look of these on the road.

Heading home, saw a bronze and also clearly brand new shimmering "new" Buick heading towards me. Like a Lacrosse, but I couldn't think for a second, then realized it was a new Regal. Really great looking on the road. Out of state tags.

so... going to my new job's orientation today...30 miles south or so, I saw an old econoline(i think) made into a crewcab truck, basically, and on the way home say a blazer with a conversion van roof extension on top of it.

(copied from the june one....cause i put it in the wrong thread)

Edited by loki

Had to be an Amphicar.

I see them now and then.

Yeah, probably. You and I see them because there is a collector locally. IIRC, he used to have his collection near Mays Landing... but I think he may have moved. In any case, he used to drive them all over the Delaware Valley... used to sail it up the Great Egg Harbor River and the Delaware... and was featured in a bunch of newspapers...

He toned it all down when he got one stuck on a rock/rapids in the Delaware somewhere north of Trenton about 10 years ago, IIRC. Unfortunately, that REALLY made the papers after the authorities had to rescue him.

I literally used to see the cars at least once a week... but I haven't seen one in a while now.

Just now saw a car that was full of fail.

It was a Vega GT, the engine sounded pretty badass, but the body was in shambles.

It was this same color,

060818005.10.jpg

But then the owner took a paint roller to it to try and make a General Lee.

Saw a '57 Chevy 150 4dr sedan at Starbucks. Done in 'rat rod' style, battered, painted primer gray w/ red steel wheels. My sister was surprised to see a car from her birthyear out being driven. It's rare to see anything older than 20-25 yrs old in our neighborhood, let alone 53 years..

Also saw a very clean '83-84 Buick Electra Park Avenue 4dr in silver /w silver top.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Drove past the local Chevy store--4 new Camaros out front--a black one, orange w/ black stripes, a dark red (love that color) and a white one....the Camaro looks really good in red. The Buick/Cadillac/GMC store had a 3 new Regals (2 silver, 1 black), several CTSes and still have the dark red and white 'grandpa edition' (padded top, gold trim, whitewalls) LaCrosses...

Fixed that for you :P

:blush:

Sorry, vonVee... and no harm intended with my thread title this month. :AH-HA:

I saw a beautifully restored, bright red '71-'73 Trans Am, sans chicken this morning on the way to work. Almost went over into opposing traffic getting an eyeful.

And a '61 Falcon coupay (French spelling) in that pale tan colour, parked in front of a mountain house that has been wrapped in Tyvek for the last two years on the road back to the campground.

Saw a white Merc S-class Lorinser, w/ black roof, black grille, and giant black and chrome wheels, w/ a vile bodykit. I like the current S-class in stock and AMG forms, but these aftermarket tuner versions are often tasteless, IMHO.

Very tasteful was a black '10 LaCrosse w/ dark window tint...it's a car that looks very good in dark colors...

Saw a couple cars on the road today for the first time--a dark red Lincoln MKT and a silver '11 Regal. I had seen the MKT zg a car show some months back and a few Regals at the dealer in the last week, but these were the first I'd seen out and about...the MKT is huge up close... the Regal looks good in motion.

Saw a new 528i in a parking garage yesterday. I was on the clock, so I couldn't get a good look at it like I usually would have.

I still haven't decided if I like it better than the E60 or not, but it still doesn't match the pre-Bangle E39.

While in Spain last week and while having lunch in a small village close to the mine, I noticed a camoed Audi passing by. From the size of the car and its profile, I think it was an Audi A7 mule.

I didn't have a place to pull over to take pictures but there must have been some sort of classic car meet in Malibu yesterday. There were old Aston Martins, Porsches, Corvettes, at least one gull-wing SL, a Caterham, a 68 Camaro, a few Ferrari and the oddest one, a Hillman Minx, all driving in the opposite direction from me over Piuma Road.

At the other end of the scale on the way to work this AM I saw a puke-green first-gen CTS with a kelly-green fake cabrio top, gold accents (including rims), and vogue wheels. Just awful..

Edited by tmp

After the wife's OB/GYN office visit late this afternoon, we ran into a cruise night that I used to frequent when I lived near Hamilton (Mercer County). Here's what I saw:

c380dd5c.jpg

312c017e.jpg

f76eb66c.jpg

5bf4e678.jpg

3a7c513f.jpg

69745dff.jpg

1414f09b.jpg

4bbd78c4.jpg

(my personal favorite there, this 1980 Bonneville Brougham sedan - family owned since '80!)

And my former car salesman coworker (retired) was there with his awesome '62 Impala convertible:

9e1e6225.jpg

Johnny's story is that he had a blue one when he started driving that he drove into the ground. 40th birthday he sought out a complete car to restore and spent the next 7-8 years bringing it back to its glory (he's now 64). I've had the pleasure of sitting in the back seat on a ride with the top down - awesome car!!

Saw '65ish Ford Galaxie ragtop in a driveway I pass all the time. It was obvious that it lives in the garage (open at the time), as I had never seen it before.

You never know what might be stashed behind a door like that.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the car looked really nice in silver with a black top and Ford factory magnum 500 wheels.

Edited by Camino LS6

Saw '65ish Ford Galaxie ragtop in a driveway I pass all the time. It was obvious that it lives in the garage (open at the time), as I had never seen it before.

You never know what might be stashed behind a door like that.

Yes, you just never know. Was driving down a street earlier I've driven down hundreds of times, saw a silver Mercedes SL550 pull in the driveway, garage door was opening and I got a glimpse of a red '71 Caprice in the garage I hadn't seen around before.

Also saw a primer gray '66 Caprice 4dr ht in traffic...