Sign in to follow this  
Imaj

New GS not so Lexus!

51 posts in this topic

Paolino    99

My fav is on the last one the guy writes: "I'm PRAYING that I get a JD Power survey in the mail for this car"

I'm praying they send one to him too :)

:pbjtime:

VenSeattle    8

My fav is on the last one the guy writes: "I'm PRAYING that I get a JD Power survey in the mail for this car"

I'm praying they send one to him too :)

:pbjtime:

Makes you hope they subscribe to Consumer Reports too... :P

Paolino    99

Makes you hope they subscribe to Consumer Reports too...  :P

lol, true true :)

Although, I don't think CR would change!

Although, would be nice for someone to write an article in a magazine, and mention CR's ratings for the car (I'm assuming it was rated very well in all categories)

regfootball    234

"i'm planning on taking my GS in very soon for the windshield noise. Frankly, I'm disappointed by the number of minor fit/finish issues I've experienced with the GS. I still love the car, but I never thought I would be taking this car in for service so many times. Oh well, I guess even Lexus has troubles with their first year models, but at least it's nothing serious."

regfootball    234

"They had to take apart the dash and center console and do multiple

road tests."

"I might have to trade this car for a m35x"

:banghead: "they wouldn’t replace my front seatbelts that DID not work"

"They have pulled the dash down and insulated where it attaches to the firewall, used sound deadening insulation in various ares of the dash and center console, and it still cracks and pops. Worse in the cold weather. This has to be a serious issue, more people must be having this problem. Heck, my wife's Accord is quieter than the GS."

"Now mine, after 10,000 miles, has this windshield issue. This car has been a huge let down. My conclusion is that it should be priced at the low 40's. For the kind of money I paid, it is a total rip-off. Steering problems, it handles poorly, under powered, bad in the snow, creaks and rattles. This is my first and last Lexus. I have owned Audi, Cadillac, Mercedes and BMW - all of them blow this car away in virtually every catagory other than the sound system. Also, that "Lexus Service" that people here are always raving about...It's OK, but nothing that Mercedes and Cadillac don't provide. Cadillac was better. Audi was pathetic and I never had BMW service issues, so I don't know. Sorry to be so negative, but honestly, I am embarassed to own this car. People told me was taking a step down when I announced I was buying it, but I was sure that I wasn't. I was wrong."

Edited by regfootball

titan    0

Theses problems are very surprising. My dad's new '06 GS300 hasn't given us any problems. Still I can't help but grin at this obvious chink in Lexus' armor.

Newbiewar    1

Doesn't sound like a 'low $40K' car but more like a $14K car.

sounds more like a used car then a 14k$ car...

heck even a 14k$ car shouldnt be leaking oil after 10k miles...

Drew Dowdell    4,990

My 33k mile CTS <close GM competitor> hasn't has any problems except "chugging" under light throttle going uphill. Turned out to be an air filter that I never changed. :ninja::ninja:

my trusty grand marquis is seeping a little bit of oil from the front crank seal, and the only interior rattle is from the driver's door when the window is open. did i mention it is a 91 and has 230k on it? and the drivetrain is original. the 89 deville i had several years back was totally rattle-free at 100k, and did not leak a drop of anything. so much for rising sun superiority.

Northstar    11

Wow, you guys have discovered that every car manufacturer has their share of problems.  Congratulations!

Yes, unfortunately most of the media hasn't figured that out or isn't admitting it. *cough* CR *cough*

balthazar    1,875

Wow, you guys have discovered that every car manufacturer has their share of problems.  Congratulations!

Oh "we" know it; the question is, do "you" guys know it?

enzl    0

Yes, unfortunately most of the media hasn't figured that out or isn't admitting it. *cough* CR *cough*

Correct. The reason is that this is a uniquely bad situation for Lexus, whereas the chorus of recalls (record numbers in the last few years) has been consistent for GM....again, the unbelieveable need for those on this site to drag others into the septic tank with GM's reputation is not only disappointing, its boring already.

The media isn't to blame for GM's problems...the media's negativity has been earned by the General....the perception of quality product will lag the reality of GM's current offerings for YEARS. Get over it.

BTW- a co-worker has had the same dash and windshield issues with his new GS. As a poster above stated: every car co. has its problem products. That's not news, folks!

Edited by enzl

turbo200    6

Correct. The reason is that this is a uniquely bad situation for Lexus, whereas the chorus of recalls (record numbers in the last few years) has been consistent for GM....again, the unbelieveable need for those on this site to drag others into the septic tank with GM's reputation is not only disappointing, its boring already.

:lol: brilliant, you are so right. unique problem to lexus, there's a reason they have incredible loyalty, toyota has legendary status, and they win awards, it's called the truth Edited by turbo200

Flybrian    0

The number of recalls taken at face value is meaningless.

sciguy_0504    0

Got that one right.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this