SATURN HAS AN ALL-NEW OUTLOOK

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It reminds me of a Trailblazer EXT

I thought that too but it also has a bit of Tahoe in it. Definitely butch and very long between the wheels.

Overall - I think it is great.

Remember everyone that the Saturn can't be too luxurious because that's Buick job. Here they are trying to keep the price down. Good move in my opinion.

I wish they would have put a flip and fold type rear seat. They they could really draw sales from Toyota/Honda/Dodge minivans. Many people will pass on the Outlook and go for a minivan because of this. Imagine if we could take conquests from the minivan, crossover and SUV markets with one vehicle!

B.

And what is it with the UGLY Saturn wheels now?!?!?! Someone needs to keep LUTZ out of the wheel studio! No more Chrysler 55 spoke bland ass gray wheels... They look $h!ty on the Aura, they look $h!ty on the Outlook, they look $h!ty on the Cadillac V cars and they look $h!ty on the Cadillac accessory cars... ENOUGH ALREADY LUTZ!!! That's ONE thing GM did well before you came. WHEELS.

P.S. You guys keep in mind that this IS GM photography... I'm sure it'll look 3X better in person and in a different color. REMEMBER: The GM photographers even made the Solstice look like $h!.

WELL SAID! :lol:

and those wheels are CRAP.

Keep refreshing, guys, keep refreshing :)

I thouhgt I smelled something. Where's the douche? :ph34r:

Hmm... Maybe I just had high expectations, but I'm underwhelmed. It's nice, but it's not great. It doesn't look edgy, like the Opel design theme... the interior, well, again it looks nice, but not great. The whole thing seems a bit bland and even outdated.

Exactly - and when you are going after Toyota and Honda you can not afford to be yet another entry into an already crowded market.

Toyota and Honda can afford to be bland or ridiculious and sell. They have 30 years of good will behind them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think the Saturn will compete well with this one... it appears to have thought about competing with it anyway.  I like it.  (Don't like the blue and light tan interior but the darker tan and black is really great!)

Posted Image

Maybe they were actually thinking Acura at Honda prices???

The Pilot looks bland and the MDX just looks stupid compared to the Outlook. No contest.

I think the varied comments mean that GM may be getting it right. That is the power of having multiple brands if done right. Som like the Enclave, some like the Outlook, some will like the Acadia. It is good that we don't all like them the same, because then 2 of them are redundant. Badge engineering can be done, but it must be done right. The vehicles must present different statements to the world, and I think they are doing that well in this case.

without reading the comments.....

this is conservative for my tastes, as I was hoping for something a little more daring. Evok let us know what to expect, however, I do think it is decidedly European and looks like an excellent contender against the Pilot. This will steal Pilot's and new Highlander's thunder, especially if the 3.6 engine comes with 270 hp [haven't read the specs yet either, just going by looks now]. It at least looks classy and classic, though its missing that eye-catching element. However, the Euro look combined with the new attention Saturn will be receiving means it will do well. The interior also seems to perfectly complement the exterior--quiet classy competent subtle and quality are what comes to mind looking at it. I am afraid future interiors will outshadow it, but for the next few years this looks very very solid. I am impressed, but the price needs to be the lowest of the three Lambdas, unless Acadia looks even cheaper than this. Price range should be 27k-35k with V6 engine. That would be a knockout. Enclave is the glam queen, and is more interesting to look at. Acadia will probably be my favorite, hopefully.

... the interior, well, again it looks nice, but not great. The whole thing seems a bit bland and even outdated.

Thats OK - I can afford an Aura or Outlook and I prefer styling to be a little on the traditional side.

Leave the goofy interiors to Honda and Toyota. I will not buy a Rav4 or Ridgeline because of the gauge cluster and center console, no matter how good the vehicles are. Infact the Ridgeline is exactly the right type of vehicle for me but with that styling - forget it. My wife calls it Aztec Ugly.

Maybe the kids (gen Y) like that kind of thing and maybe GM should go goofy in lower priced cars but vehicles aimed at Gen X or older should stay traditional.

I'm not saying that I think that either Aura or Outlook is a home run, but appropriate for the target demographic.

B.

Exactly - and when you are going after Toyota and Honda you can not afford to be yet another entry into an already crowded market.

Toyota and Honda can afford to be bland or ridiculious and sell.  They have 30 years of good will behind them.

I agree it doesn't stand out as much as it could and should, interior-wise and exterior-wise. That being said, I think it will receive attention along with the entire Saturn lineup. Off to look at the Aura now....

GL-CLASS! that's what the outlook reminds me of (from the front)

not a bad thing, but the interior is way better than the Benz anyways!

I think this thing looks better than either GL-class OR Audi Q7.....!

This interior is also FAR superior to the new AURA's.....but it doesn't beat the Benz. The new GL-class interior is pretty first-class and is shared with the ML-class (which I've sat in quite a few.)

The ONLY part I'm not fond of is how the rear doors go almost straight down (like a Suburban's rear doors.) Even though they don't need it, I wish for styling's sake, they had designed in a rear-door-"curve" like say a Tahoe has, but a Suburban doesn't.

This interior is also FAR superior to the new AURA's.....but it doesn't beat the Benz.  The new GL-class interior is pretty first-class and is shared with the ML-class (which I've sat in quite a few.)

The ONLY part I'm not fond of is how the rear doors go almost straight down (like a Suburban's rear doors.)  Even though they don't need it, I wish for styling's sake, they had designed in a rear-door-"curve" like say a Tahoe has, but a Suburban doesn't.

I agree... a short wheebase version would be excellent.

This interior is also FAR superior to the new AURA's.....but it doesn't beat the Benz.  The new GL-class interior is pretty first-class and is shared with the ML-class (which I've sat in quite a few.)

The ONLY part I'm not fond of is how the rear doors go almost straight down (like a Suburban's rear doors.)  Even though they don't need it, I wish for styling's sake, they had designed in a rear-door-"curve" like say a Tahoe has, but a Suburban doesn't.

MAYBE THEY DID THAT TO POSSIBLY ALLOW FOR A sliding DOOR OPTION IN THE FUTURE........??????? WHICH I WOULD NOT MIND AT ALL.

I agree with Croc on the rear door curves. This type of vehicle needs to be functional, and as-is it will be much more functional for families who need easy entry and exit than if it had the "curve." Offering a SWB model would be a waste of money because it would compete too closely with the VUE.

I feel the Outlook is second in class only to the Enclave (assuming the production version is 95% of the concept). This crushes almost everything, IMO. The interior is a lot better than anything it's going to be competing with, it looks pretty good on the outside (especially for an SUV), and the cargo hauling capability kicks ass.

Wow... I wasn't expecting the nose to look so much like the Aztek!

It's funny, you know... the more I look at how vehicle designs have evolved as of late, the more I think that the Aztek was less of an ugly duckling and more of a pioneer. Still hideously ugly, for sure, but that hideous theme seems to be inexplicably spreading.

Anyways, aside from the front clip, I likes what I sees. The styling has a very modern, technological look to it, and so does the interior. I think other members are justified in saying it isn't the greatest interior ever, but I think it is at least class competitive, which is more than you can say for GM products of the past. A lot more. Besides, if you want a luxurious interior, you can step up to the Enclave!

I don't wanna be the one to rain on peoples parade but..

the headlights are too small

the tailights are too big

the grille is just to small, misplaced, and isn't "striking" at all. mabey add some chrome

the blue trim is ugly! it might work if they inserted it into the seat cushions

The side reminds me of the Torrent/Equinox doors

the fender bulges are massive

and the rear "Bumper on Bumper" look isn't working

I think it looked better in the camo.

Lets hope the Acadia isn't ugly...

Edited by Ur_pimp

I don't wanna be the one to rain on peoples parade but..

the headlights are too small

the tailights are too big

the grille is just to small, misplaced, and isn't "striking" at all. mabey add some chrome

the blue trim is ugly! it might work if they inserted it into the seat cushions

The side reminds me of the Torrent/Equinox doors

the fender bulges are massive

and the rear "Bumper on Bumper" look isn't working

I think it looked better in the camo.

Lets hope the Acadia isn't ugly...

I think the interior is nice... the blue I think works well... and we've only seen essentially one color combo. Let's wait for more pictures.

reminds me of a stretched ford escape... or a ford explorer...

i like the buick much better

I actually prefer it to the Buick, I like it a lot. AT the same time it's nice to see en Enclave and Outlook looking so different, you can't tell they're related. Thank you GM for Platform engineering and not Badge egineering them.

To anyone at the autoshow: How comfortable is the rear (2nd row) seat? Is it super-low? It looks it from pix...

I'd love to see a nice photo of a decently-sized person (~6'0") and a tall person (~6'3") sitting in the 2nd row of seats shot at a straight profile. Ten bucks says their knees will be in their faces.

I'd love to see a nice photo of a decently-sized person (~6'0") and a tall person (~6'3") sitting in the 2nd row of seats shot at a straight profile.  Ten bucks says their knees will be in their faces.

Certainly the third row seating is just off the floor. However, access to the rear seems top notch.

They definitely can, though. Look to the previous LR Discovery for the most obscene example of lousy rear door design.

Looking at the side profile above, it looks like they could have added a little more curve....so that the lower door cutout more closely aligns with the wheel arch bulge as it curves down around the front of the wheelopening....

I think that would have made the profile look that much nicer.

Looking at the side profile above, it looks like they could have added a little more curve....so that the lower door cutout more closely aligns with the wheel arch bulge as it curves down around the front of the wheelopening....

I think that would have made the profile look that much nicer.

OC, third row access will be awkward enough as-is. My M-Class has a very curved rear door that hinders access to the SECOND row...and we don't even HAVE a third row. Also, many sedans don't have a curved rear door, so why is it even an issue?

That said, but no matter how curved the rear door is, I just have a hard time picturing you owning one. I don't think you are the target demographic at all for this vehicle.

Edited by Croc

I am talking about second row.  Not third.

apparently you can't take what you dish out. nice jobs on the edits though and getting rid of the incriminating evidence, i'm sure the lapboy thing works around here well enough for you.

this isn't productive in this thread, however neither is your disrespectful attitude towards everyone. you may have changed the wording, but your previous words stand clear in my mind, and are not these. get off your high horse and start acting like a member.