The Bitch, Moan and Whine thread...

Mmmmm...habaneros. When I lived in Ann Arbor, Mi I used to frequent a little Mexican restaurant called Tios that had over 350 salsas and hot sauces made from a variety of peppers...I used to participate in tasting days when they would bring in new and different salsas..got my name on their 'Wall of Flame' in '97.

Several years ago I was cooking with habañeros and managed to get some in my eyes. Couldn't wear my contacts for over a month.

This morning my wife and I, jokingly I had assumed, entered into an agreement that if she's pregnant we'll go car shopping (which is fine by me, I love the Cooper, but its getting up there in miles) and if she isn't, we'll go on vacation to France. She called me after her appointment and said, "I think I like that Mercedes we always see commercials for."

Several years ago I was cooking with habañeros and managed to get some in my eyes. Couldn't wear my contacts for over a month.

This morning my wife and I, jokingly I had assumed, entered into an agreement that if she's pregnant we'll go car shopping (which is fine by me, I love the Cooper, but its getting up there in miles) and if she isn't, we'll go on vacation to France. She called me after her appointment and said, "I think I like that Mercedes we always see commercials for."

blink.gif

Wow!

She called me after her appointment and said, "I think I like that Mercedes we always see commercials for."

LoL..

Congrats then?

(which Mercedes?)

Thanks. We hadn't planned on having kids until I'm out of school, guess we got about a year ahead of schedule...

The commercial she was referring to is for the C-class. At least I hope, the other one that's been on a lot lately is the M-class and I really don't want an SUV. But that's an issue for another day.

Congrats are in order then, Satty. :) Consider yourself a lucky man that your wife at least knows what she wants. I'm looking to replace Amy's Maxima before it falls apart (everything but the drivetrain) and she has given me no indication as to what she would like.

She called me after her appointment and said, "I think I like that Mercedes we always see commercials for."

LoL..

Congrats then?

(which Mercedes?)

Thanks. We hadn't planned on having kids until I'm out of school, guess we got about a year ahead of schedule...

The commercial she was referring to is for the C-class. At least I hope, the other one that's been on a lot lately is the M-class and I really don't want an SUV. But that's an issue for another day.

You don't want a C class. An Escalade can beat it in a 25 yard drag race.

I don't want a C-class period. I mean, they're handsome enough, but the prices go from ridiculous to bat-$h! crazy really fast. She'll back off, this is the woman for whom a CTS was too flashy but a Prius was just right.

And why aren't there any sanctioned 25 yard drag races? That would be great to watch.

Edited by Satty

Wow.....

I daren't type what I'm thinking...lol.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic

* PRE-SURGERY PARTY = ~5:30p-10:30p, Saturday, 10/29/2011 at Beef Villa, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"Yeah, we got problems here in the land of the free" __ Barbara Mandrell __ 'In Times Like These'

Mmmmm...habaneros. When I lived in Ann Arbor, Mi I used to frequent a little Mexican restaurant called Tios that had over 350 salsas and hot sauces made from a variety of peppers...I used to participate in tasting days when they would bring in new and different salsas..got my name on their 'Wall of Flame' in '97.

I need to go there..badly.

I asked for fried rice and got steamed rice. This is an outrage.

Not really, steamed rice is much healthier for you and IMHO tastes much better.

I don't like fried foods of any sort any more...I feel so much better after NOT eating any of them, actually.

Sounds like they are still in business..haven't been back to A2 in over 10 years...need to go visit my alma mater.

Tios

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Wow.....

In my case it would get me arrested for sexual, political, financial, and ethical reasons.

And your excuse, sir is?

Sounds like they are still in business..haven't been back to A2 in over 10 years...need to go visit my alma mater.

Tios

When you move back to the Midwest we ether have a road trip in your Mustang or My Miata...depending on the weather.

Also depending on how silly two old guys would look riding around in a car way to small...

Methinks it's a Grand Cherokee road trip.

Tios

Well, I know where I'm going next time I'm in A2 :smilewide:

I needed to get someone a spreadsheet, but this person didn't have email access so I had to print it out for them, like a goddamn troglodyte.

LoL....that's like when my brother asks me to research stuff about his motorcycles or cars on the internet for him...he was online from '94-05, but hasn't had a computer since '05 and is too lazy to go to the county library out in rural Ohio...

Wow.....

In my case it would get me arrested for sexual, political, financial, and ethical reasons.

And your excuse, sir is?

Similar, but not an excuse! And, damn. Life is too short. Some of the ones ya'll have noted ... are SMALL considering what I'm up against in less than 2 weeks now...LOL.

Irony rocks.

And, sex would be good right about now.

*rolls eyes*

Course, I am getting frustrated a bit at trying to read these threads ... keep getting the "server is busy" page. Lovely. Grrrrrr

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic

* PRE-SURGERY PARTY = ~5:30p-10:30p, Saturday, 10/29/2011 at Beef Villa, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"It's a no-win situation" __ Michael Bolton __ 'How Can We Be Lovers?'

Very clean '03 S-10 regular cab for sale at a local dealer, with a 12/12 warranty. 4.3L too. But it's red. I feel like I'm being waterboarded.

Would also be a good vehicle to pay off and get out from under a car payment... permanently.

A car/truck like that could last you ten or fifteen years...you could pay off the house...get clear of debt...and enjoy life.

I would only save $17 over six months insuring a 2006 Colorado with 109k miles v. my Cruze.

Admit it...your a truck guy...you always will be...

Very clean '03 S-10 regular cab for sale at a local dealer, with a 12/12 warranty. 4.3L too. But it's red. I feel like I'm being waterboarded.

Would also be a good vehicle to pay off and get out from under a car payment... permanently.

A car/truck like that could last you ten or fifteen years...you could pay off the house...get clear of debt...and enjoy life.

I would only save $17 over six months insuring a 2006 Colorado with 109k miles v. my Cruze.

Admit it...your a truck guy...you always will be...

After removing the rental reimbursement and picking up the multi vehicle discount, it cost me $500 a year more to insure the car and the truck vs. just the car. Worth it IMO to have the convenience of a truck when you need it.

I've got to go with my wife to look at a Volvo like some kind of....ugh, I don't want to think about the kind of person who has a Volvo.

Nothing wrong w/ Volvos..the Volvo owners I know tend to be professional and rather cerebral. Some of my closest friends owned 2 Volvos for 10 years, now have 2 Volvos and a BMW (an XC wagon, 5 series wagon, and an old 240 sedan).

BTW, whatever happened to your idea that you got such a good deal on the Challenger that you could sell it and break even (or make a profit) if it proved too much of a strain?

Probably that whole 'economy' thing.

CURSE YOU ECONOMY!!

It's been going on for a few years now, so you can't claim that it snuck up on you.

Xc70 is legit reason to cut her off in the bedroom IMHO....C30 FTW!

I don't hate the idea of an XC70, but 2 wagons seems unnecessary. She did like the XC we drove, and is starting to think that maybe having AWD wouldn't be a bad thing. My argument that as long as we have the Jetta we can have a small car isn't working.