Random Thoughts Thread

I found some pictures of my C350 when I had her. First pic everything is factory. Then I changed the grill and hood emblem and had it tinted 20% all the way around. And the last picture of the 700+ miles was one day of driving where I intended to buy a Mach 1 in Iowa and the dealer straight up lied about the condition and it being all bone stock. It had exhaust and rock chips EVERYWHERE. like, even rear deck lid kind of everywhere. Then I ended up buying the Mach 1 that I did from Kentucky. In fantastic condition.

Oh and just a couple that I thought looked cool. One next to my gf's G and another near a Raptor at my gym.

That is probably my favorite model of the C-Class.  They just got those right inside and out IMHO. 

I found some pictures of my C350 when I had her. First pic everything is factory. Then I changed the grill and hood emblem and had it tinted 20% all the way around. And the last picture of the 700+ miles was one day of driving where I intended to buy a Mach 1 in Iowa and the dealer straight up lied about the condition and it being all bone stock. It had exhaust and rock chips EVERYWHERE. like, even rear deck lid kind of everywhere. Then I ended up buying the Mach 1 that I did from Kentucky. In fantastic condition.

Oh and just a couple that I thought looked cool. One next to my gf's G and another near a Raptor at my gym.

That is probably my favorite model of the C-Class.  They just got those right inside and out IMHO. 

It really has one of the best interiors I've ever been in(the following generation,'08+, was waaaaaay worse - plastic and bland).  Leather everywhere and what wasn't leather was actual aluminum. Only plastic bits were the buttons and volume knob and I think the interior door handle was also plastic. But it was a really clean and simple design. It actually drove fantastic as well. Smooth, quiet, could get up an go when I asked it to, 7spd auto always had the right gear, good wheel:tire:wheel well ratio was great from the factory.

Its a wonder why we even get along, CCAP.

I hate the C Class Mercedes more than I hate your generation Mustang.

I could tolerate your gen. Mustang, but that C Class is a no go for me.

Like there is no way in Hades where Im gonna let up on my displeasure for the C Class.

With the Mustang....at least there is the Bullitt Mustang and the Cobra R that I LOVE...

Ill try to find middle ground 'cause I cherish your internet friendship and your posts.

4-format2010.jpg

K0reGnp7a08.jpg

I really like me some M-B 190 E Cosworths....and the 190 in general.

However, your former C Class looked good I must say...so there is that.

I probably would choose your Mustang over your C Class if I had to make a decision.

• Agree 1

Hahaha thanks man, and that was actually exactly what i did. Sold the C350 and bought my Mach 1. That generation that I bought is "okay" at best in all honestly in the exterior looks department. The interior was very high qulity surprisingly. The interior out shined the exterior in quality and looks by a long shot, imo. The engineering under the hood and body was top notch for its time though. The 3.5L v6 put out 268hp/258tq and had one of the first "lots-a-gears" transmissions with a 7spd. That car could scoot actually. It was quite impressive for a smaller v6 car that doesn't look like anything special.

Do you hate all generations of C Class? or just the W203 generation? I like what you have pictured..then kind of my generation, but I do like the most modern stuff a lot.Not in a sporty way but in a classy/luxurious way. I see them as more luxury and less sport and BMW more sport and less luxury.

I think I have ONE picture of my first mustang on my old phone.. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Oh yeah, once I tinted those windows on the C350, I will never go without tinted windows ever again. I love the look and the functionality on summer days or hell..any sunny day.

Edited by ccap41

All C Class Mercedes...

It has more to do with my personal group of friends than anything else.  Like BMW 3 Series cars or BMW itself.

Im luke warm to the W202.

Hate the W203.

LOATHE the W204.

Im confused by the new W205. There are days where I think its the ugliest thing ever built, then there are days were Im admiring it...weird feeling.

Eh to each their own. I'm not offended. You weren't a fan of the 03-04 Mach 1s or Cobras though?!?!? :stupid:

The w205, like all of the newest generatinos of Merc cars, look gorgeous in coupe form. Whatever they did with them they all look great in coupe guise. Not bad at all in sedan form but like the S Class coupe.. friggin gorgeous car! Then they get scaled back from there.. like the new C Class coupe that just got revealed. Very pretty car but still doesn't hold a candle to the S Class Coupe.

Edited by ccap41

Im confused....so...are you two Pixar playmates for or against overhang and the GM G-Body?

Because...everytime I see overhang on a classic American car...

And I just...

TOUCH MYSELF...

OOOOH...AHHHH

Inappropriate rectal fondling aside...I don't really like the front overhang to be as large as the rear overhang and combine they are more than 2/3 the length of the wheelbase. The GTO and Charger are much more balanced proportionately. For me Short front overhang and longer rear overhangs are ideal.

Like so:

pontiac-g8-gt-10.jpg

Also my FWD Intrepid has a shorter front overhang than those RWD G-Bodies. #justsayin

• Agree 3

Ok, those 190E homologation specials Benz did were just SICK. I'm pretty sure Cosworth did the heads on those motors. I like them better than the original M3.

*checks recent threads*

...somebody's veneer of civility is cracking. Again.

Oy vey

Edited by El Kabong

Inappropriate rectal fondling aside...I don't really like the front overhang to be as large as the rear overhang and combine they are more than 2/3 the length of the wheelbase. The GTO and Charger are much more balanced proportionately. For me Short front overhang and longer rear overhangs are ideal.

Like so:

pontiac-g8-gt-10.jpg

Also my FWD Intrepid has a shorter front overhang than those RWD G-Bodies. #justsayin

Thanx for answering me.

But...pretty strong overhangs...you know...for FWD...

1997-dodge-intrepid-side_dointes972.jpg

Less overhangs...considerably in the front...less so in the back...especially for FWD...

But it does seem foolish to whine about front overhang yet accept it on your  Intrepid where as compared to that Zeta car...your Intrepid still exceeds your standards by at least 6 inches...and is maybe not THAT much shorter on the G-Bodies...

8554920020_large.jpg

and the ultimate...and you cant get more ironic than this...and...you cant get more MOPAR machismo,  RWD at that, then this next car...

and the overhangs in this one are stupendous!!!

Daytona1.jpg

Although I like your thoughts on overhang styling...I dont seem to be bothered by it...I actually like it and look forward to it...on some models....

As long as the overall product looks good on the overall picture is #alls Im sayin'

Oh...some mid-engined exotics have whacked front overhangs too....

ferrari-308-gts-3_600x0w.jpg

P008Web.jpg

B-Tcb6TIQAAZoe2.jpg

Oh look Porsche...modern Porsche

lead2-2012-porsche-911-fd.jpg

because classic Porsche...is slightly less...

72206por-i.jpg

it dont matter where the engine is located and what wheels are powered #is alls Im sayin'.

I guess...its a bitch to be soooooo picky in life. Maybe we should start reducing the amount of times we stick a stick up our butts during the day. That way we could enjoy the birds sing more often...#justsayin'

All in the name of fun...this post was. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Like so:

Thanx for answering me.

But...pretty strong overhangs...you know...for FWD...

Less overhangs...considerably in the front...less so in the back...especially for FWD...

But it does seem foolish to whine about front overhang yet accept it on your  Intrepid where as compared to that Zeta car...your Intrepid still exceeds your standards by at least 6 inches...and is maybe not THAT much shorter on the G-Bodies...

and the ultimate...and you cant get more ironic than this...and...you cant get more MOPAR machismo,  RWD at that, then this next car...

and the overhangs in this one are stupendous!!!

Although I like your thoughts on overhang styling...I dont seem to be bothered by it...I actually like it and look forward to it...on some models....

As long as the overall product looks good on the overall picture is #alls Im sayin'

Oh...some mid-engined exotics have whacked front overhangs too....

Oh look Porsche...modern Porsche

because classic Porsche...is slightly less...

it dont matter where the engine is located and what wheels are powered #is alls Im sayin'.

I guess...its a bitch to be soooooo picky in life. Maybe we should start reducing the amount of times we stick a stick up our butts during the day. That way we could enjoy the birds sing more often...#justsayin'

All in the name of fun...this post was. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You're welcome to do whatever you want with that stick.

But if you read carefully, while the G8 is the best example, I specifically said it was about balance.

web.jpg

This is balanced, it has a shorter front overhang and longer real, and the two of them together do not add up to the majority of the wheelbase. It also happens to be shorter the RWD 80s cars that are being posted.

This is also balanced:

1971-Cadillac-Sedan-Deville.jpg

The long wheelbase and longer rear overhang balance out the front overhang.

This? This is not balanced. The overhangs combined take up more than 50% of the wheelbase

83ss001.jpg

And sweet shart monkeys that Daytona is as bad or worse.

But enjoy what you like, I'll enjoy what I like.

Again, balanced:

2016-chevrolet-malibu-reveal-design-1480

And this makes my retinas bleed.

2015-chevrolet-malibu-mid-size-sedan-ove

You think a G-Body is not balanced in its proportions?

OK???!!!

You said it best...You like what you like...and Ill like what I like...the thing is...I dont throw hissy fits over overhangs...

PS: I dont want to do anything with that stick...especially when its been up your butt so deep.  Yu could keep it...maybe you could share it with Fapturbo over there...looks like he needs a reason to continue fapping...the pics of the G-Bodies might have made his turbo lag...

Well you are the one going on about sticks not me. Clearly you are more acquainted with them and there more unorthodox uses. But hey if you have EXPERIMENTAL PHASES, that's cool. Like what you like. ;)

Do I think the G-Bodies aren't balanced proportionately? As though the answer wasn't already obvious, why don't we let simple visual aids be our guide!

web.jpg

dude...I dont care...its you that started this...

Like what you like...the thing is...its kinda irrational...to be lookin at overhangs the way you do...

I posted 4 G-bodies...and you had an aneurysm...

and you are soooo worked up about it...that stick I mentioned...you buried it up your butt so far...it disappeared...Fabturbo fellow might have to install an intercooler after our convo...

Listen man...I dont want to go further into this...you are an admin after all...the thing is...its quite unhealthy to be so hard up on a couple of inches of overhang...(no puns intended...honest... :D )especially concerning 1980s so called muscle cars...

To boot...one particular G-Body is a very sought after muscle car...Darth Vader's ride...just to blend in with you...since both of you seem to be Comic con nerds...

I aint a Comic con nerd. but I am nerdy in my own way concerning certain comic con things...Stars Wars is one thing...a mild Stars Wars fan...but Im a very WW2 geek...so...

friends?

So...a screenshot from Toy Story with text overlayed on it is the equivalent of an aneurysm?

q4q2x.jpg

The fact that this has taken up a page or so of this thread is entertaining more than anything.

I just don't like the proportions, of those G-Bodies or that Daytona, but that's alright, there's plenty of other cars to like out there.

But yes, we cool. You have a Spitfire and a Mustang in your sig after all.I'm ok with this.

Great that I entertained you :spin:  but not so great that I annoyed my Canuck brother...

:nono:

That is how he is lookin' at me right now...

My Mom: "So Oldsy, how was your fist day in school today?"

Oldsy: "Great! I made a new friend! We had a pushing and shoving match...but it all worked for the best in the end, mom!"

Here...A W-Body...why? It replaced the G-Body!

:cutlass:

So said friend is looking at buying a Civic to commute with and keep miles off of his Ram 2500. If he does I told him I'm buying him this sticker and he must put it on the car.

42818d1371502700-vtec-just-kicked-yo-sti

Now THAT is funny!

You trying to burn an Oldsmobile down....not so much...I dont care if its a W-Body!

Hell...even an Oldsmobile J-Car...one does not try to kill it with fire! :fiery:

Have some respect for the dead, if not for the oldest American car company and the TRUE father of the mass production automobile assembly line...automatic transmission...etc...

Edited by oldshurst442

Now THAT is funny!

You trying to burn an Oldsmobile down....not so much...I dont care if its a W-Body!

Hell...even an Oldsmobile J-Car...one does not try to kill it with fire! :fiery:

One doesn't have to, they kill themselves and end up in the scrap yard!

maxresdefault.jpg

Couldn't resist :P

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Overhangs are great where I am at currently.

15171026573_3676c878b6_b.jpg

I love a little overhang, if it fits the rest of the style of the automobile as well. 

Not sure how we have governed a law that states, unless the bumpers are only a few mm distance from the tires, that somehow that is not attractive.

I love a little overhang, if it fits the rest of the style of the automobile as well. 

Not sure how we have governed a law that states, unless the bumpers are only a few mm distance from the tires, that somehow that is not attractive.

Yesterday you made you cry, today you make me jealous.

Ive never been to Nafpaktos. I always crossed the Corinth canal to get to Patra or Kyllini  to get to Zakynthos and Kephalonia. I had past friends that came from there though, and told me its a beautiful place. But then again...like you said in the Ford thread...Greece  is paradise on earth...

Its still August, so Im assuming European tourists are currently  in full swing, Zakynthos will probably be swamped with young Italians....make sure to make a pit stop in Argassi if you want to see Daytona Beach Spring Break type partying...LOL!!!

Ive never been to Samos....my mother-n-law comes from Rhodes, so Ive been there. And Santorini.

Crete is where I wanna go next on the other side...

Like you said yesterday...pos sto dialo kantadisame etsi?

Translation: How in the hell did we end up this way?

Both for us...and Greece's economy.

Enjoy your vacation Wings.

Do me a favor, in Zakynthos, if you can, and you are passing by the  the northern tip of the island, look straight ahead at the other island that you will be seeing in the horizon (Kephalonia) and just whisper these words : "Andreas promises he will be back soon. With all of his family." 

Ill be toasting you with a shot of ouzo later in the day.

Yia sou!

My brother's desktop computer needed a tune up--since anything mechanical or electronic in his possession slowly dies--so I decided to wipe it and install windows 10. What a f@#king mistake that's been. After 3 visits to his house, the computer locks up during the final windows install. Had the "blank screen of death" and brought everything to a screeching halt.

I took it home and I've been working on it all night. I was forced to re-install windows 7 from scratch, essentially starting over after donating 4 hours of my time this week, and that has been a painful, dragging experience every step of the way. The computer shouldn't be this damn slow. It's a couple years old, but has a fully functioning AMD quad core and 8 gb ram with a 7200 rpm HDD. Twice now I thought it locked up on me and just turned out to be taking FOREVER.

And don't get me started on how UNHELPFUL people can be when they don't get computers. Holy sh*t. Tell them to do 2 things over text or phone and it's like you're walking them through open heart surgery.

Edited by cp-the-nerd

Anyone can get banned from a forum. But you know you've really left in style when multiple posters chase you to the other places you chime in on stuff. Bonus points If they're so angry at you that they call your vehicle of choice immoral.

Sweet merciful, some folks need to take a deep breath :D :D :D

Edited by El Kabong

Fanastic 4 game sweep for my RedBirds over the Arizona D-Backs. That was much needed after losing 2 of 3 to..San Diego.. Both road series as well and the Diamondbacks are one of the best hitting teams statistically as well. We just ride the coattails of our pitching staff. Sub 3.00 team ERA.

My brother's desktop computer needed a tune up--since anything mechanical or electronic in his possession slowly dies--so I decided to wipe it and install windows 10. What a f@#king mistake that's been. After 3 visits to his house, the computer locks up during the final windows install. Had the "blank screen of death" and brought everything to a screeching halt.

I took it home and I've been working on it all night. I was forced to re-install windows 7 from scratch, essentially starting over after donating 4 hours of my time this week, and that has been a painful, dragging experience every step of the way. The computer shouldn't be this damn slow. It's a couple years old, but has a fully functioning AMD quad core and 8 gb ram with a 7200 rpm HDD. Twice now I thought it locked up on me and just turned out to be taking FOREVER.

And don't get me started on how UNHELPFUL people can be when they don't get computers. Holy sh*t. Tell them to do 2 things over text or phone and it's like you're walking them through open heart surgery.

Before putting windows 10 on any older computer 1yr+ look at the windows 10 supported hardware list. Many 2-3 year old systems will not support it without major upgrades. Video Cards, HD controllers and memory are the top 3 areas. CPU's, I have come to hate anything AMD as I never have a good experience with them running windows, Linux or Solaris.

Most name brand computers if only 2-3 years old should do fine with windows 10 but will need to be tweaked and I will say if you have less than 8GB of ram then do not move to windows 10.

I like my overhangs.  (not my car, but a fantastic picture of an identical one)

attachicon.gif07bf793ac569dddfec16607aabe8db7f.jpg

I agree, I like overhangs also and they offer great impact protection.

Before putting windows 10 on any older computer 1yr+ look at the windows 10 supported hardware list. Many 2-3 year old systems will not support it without major upgrades. Video Cards, HD controllers and memory are the top 3 areas. CPU's, I have come to hate anything AMD as I never have a good experience with them running windows, Linux or Solaris.

Most name brand computers if only 2-3 years old should do fine with windows 10 but will need to be tweaked and I will say if you have less than 8GB of ram then do not move to windows 10.

Windows autodetects the hardware before offering 10. But that's beside the point, the PC ran Win 10 just fine for half an hour before I used the control panel function to wipe the system. It committed suicide during that process. When I used all the tips I could find to troubleshoot, it became obvious that a crash during mid-install created a partially aborted operating system with no way to repair.

I had a great experience running an AMD processor in my old PC desktop. Bought it in 2006 for college, and used it every day for about 7 years doing graphic design with photoshop and illustrator, and occasionally gaming with Steam. They were neck and neck with Intel back then, seems like they fell behind somewhere around 2010.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Yesterday you made you cry, today you make me jealous.

Ive never been to Nafpaktos. I always crossed the Corinth canal to get to Patra or Kyllini  to get to Zakynthos and Kephalonia. I had past friends that came from there though, and told me its a beautiful place. But then again...like you said in the Ford thread...Greece  is paradise on earth...

Its still August, so Im assuming European tourists are currently  in full swing, Zakynthos will probably be swamped with young Italians....make sure to make a pit stop in Argassi if you want to see Daytona Beach Spring Break type partying...LOL!!!

Ive never been to Samos....my mother-n-law comes from Rhodes, so Ive been there. And Santorini.

Crete is where I wanna go next on the other side...

Like you said yesterday...pos sto dialo kantadisame etsi?

Translation: How in the hell did we end up this way?

Both for us...and Greece's economy.

Enjoy your vacation Wings.

Do me a favor, in Zakynthos, if you can, and you are passing by the  the northern tip of the island, look straight ahead at the other island that you will be seeing in the horizon (Kephalonia) and just whisper these words : "Andreas promises he will be back soon. With all of his family." 

Ill be toasting you with a shot of ouzo later in the day.

Yia sou!

Olds, I always knew you to have deep pathos, and it always showed in your words.  How can it not. Greeks are just that way.

Anyway, I am glad we put that lame crap behind us. Like you said, no forum argument is worth that.

I lost a beloved uncle here this year, and I still have a lot of family here and we all got together and quickly put any past squabbles behind us and can now just hug and embrace and love, live and eat. And drink. LOL.   It's sad that sometimes we wait until extreme moments to do so.  Sometimes, extreme passion can swing your feelings in the wrong direction.

OK, so I will recall what you said about Zakynthos when I visit.  I have a busy day planned tomorrow.  Nafpaktos is just a beautiful area here with fortresses all over and one of which is up on a mountain overlooking the small city. You can grab a table and eat and drink up there, while watching the sun set. Spectacular. Tourism is way down from July and early August.  It is one of the greener regions with trees everywhere and even cold, clear mountain water that runs down through to the ocean, which kids play in.  I am talking, ice freaking cold.  You can't even stand barefoot in it for long.  Kids here are tough I guess.  

I will share some pics when I get back.  Internet is slow here.  I swear it feels like dial up.

Yasas brutha

Edited by Wings4Life

WTF, called the local Chevy dealership about fixing my Silverado.  Up to $500 in parts is bad enough, but $95.00 an hour for labor?!?!?!  I am not looking for a private mechanic around here that would be able to flash the PCM for the security system.

WTF, called the local Chevy dealership about fixing my Silverado.  Up to $500 in parts is bad enough, but $95.00 an hour for labor?!?!?!  I am not looking for a private mechanic around here that would be able to flash the PCM for the security system.

Never buy parts through a stealership. I buy everything OEM (or otherwise) from the internet, usually Amazon. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought it was typical to charge $80-100 per hour for labor. The stealership pays the tech maybe $20 of that. Isn't it sickening?

Never buy parts through a stealership. I buy everything OEM (or otherwise) from the internet, usually Amazon. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought it was typical to charge $80-100 per hour for labor. The stealership pays the tech maybe $20 of that. Isn't it sickening?

I almost crapped my pants.  It has been along time since I had anything one at a dealership, circa 1997 (1993 T-bird suspension parts and freezeplugs) I believe and at $30 it was still overpriced IMHO, but it was not this insane lol. 

Sorry to hear about your loss, Wings.

"and quickly put any past squabbles behind us and can now just hug and embrace and love, live and eat. And drink. LOL.   It's sad that sometimes we wait until extreme moments to do so.  Sometimes, extreme passion can swing your feelings in the wrong direction."

Yup, in my family, we are experiencing the same things...but a death in our family has not happened yet so we could actually make amends...aint that a stinker?

Cold mountain water....clean mountain water. Yeah...I miss Kephalonia. I miss her beaches.

Greeks are many things Wings.

Compassionate.

Emotional.

Tough.

Funny.

Friendly.

Spiteful.

And much more.

And we do all these things in extreme.

Its Great to Be Greek!!!

Doncha think???!!!

Using heritage as a crutch for boorish behaviour was SO played out in FIN last year.

Its stronger than I...

I understand where you are coming from though. Believe me.

Its just that, with what is happening in Greece...the Greek part of my Greek Canadian identity tends to over shadow the Canadian part lately.

One thing us Greeks do, its we come closer when we are threatened by outside forces. Its part of our DNA.

When all is good within our culture...we literally kill ourselves...but when some other culture tries to destroy us...we bond...very tightly...

Persians found that out the hard way. So did the Romans, Turks, Bulgarians, Italians, Nazis. 

Sometimes, victory is swift with us, sometimes it might take 400 years...but we do prevail...and it aint pretty for our enemy.