Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Random Thoughts Thread

FYI - I will be quiet for the most part starting the April 27th to May 3rd in Vegas for DELL Technology World 2019. Gonna be crazy, so I am in lite mode for this afternoon and tomorrow before travel day on Friday and then crazyness. 

@ocnblu you will get a break from me saying anything EV for about a week. :P 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, dfelt said:

FYI - I will be quiet for the most part starting the April 27th to May 3rd in Vegas for DELL Technology World 2019. Gonna be crazy, so I am in lite mode for this afternoon and tomorrow before travel day on Friday and then crazyness. 

@ocnblu you will get a break from me saying anything EV for about a week. :P 

Make sure you set your out of office!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Make sure you set your out of office!

What 😮 We have out of office here at C&G? Cool 😎

🤔

🤔

O'hhhhhh got it out of office on outlook! :P

Wonder if I would get in trouble for having this message? :confused0071:

• Thanks for the email, but I'm afraid to say
  • I cannot reply as I am away.
  • Tradeshow in Vegas is where I will be!
  • Follow it on Twitter - #DellTechWorld

https://www.delltechnologiesworld.com/index.htm

Our customer entertainment show on Wednesday night is an all you can eat  buffet with open bar and a 2hr show by Imagine Dragon.

Should Rock! :metal:

• Agree 1

Last week: helped a buddy replace the shocks, struts & stabilizer links on his 115K mile '02 Infiniti QX4. That's really wasn't much fun. Why nissan felt it a good idea to mount rigidly-connected stuff over the top strut bolts was beyond me.
Already rebuilt the structure under the running boards about 3 years ago. 

Today : went to a small local junkyard I first went to 25 years ago- found some of the parking brake hardware I need for the rear of the B-59 (MoPar 11-in drums, we'll see if the pieces I got out of a '99 Town & Country are the same). There's only 2 sources for these pieces new, and the one is $125 for (4) stamped pieces of steel & some misc hardware. Today's cost? $5. :D

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Ohio State Reformatory ~

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 10.38.59 PM.png

Torn down years ago sadly. Love this pic. If you google Northbank Park in columbus Ohio you will see a project I ran the electrical portion of back in the day.

• Agree 4

21 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The best recent food invention.

Cheezits Extra Toasty...

Interesting, guess they are darker than the normal ones. I love the bacon / cheese flavored ones. :P 

image.png

I saw "The Green Book" for the second time last week.  It was a free community showing.  It was even funnier the second time around.

Tony:  "Maybe he's a doctor of playing the piano."

Dolores:  (incredulous) "Is there such a thing?"

Two plus hours of Bronx New Yorkese ... what's not to like?

Edited by trinacriabob
misspelled Dolores

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

I saw "The Green Book" for the second time last week.  It was a free community showing.  It was even funnier the second time around.

Tony:  "Maybe he's a doctor of playing the piano."

Dolores:  (incredulous) "Is there such a thing?"

Two plus hours of Bronx New Yorkese ... what's not to like?

Bought the movie, have not had a chance to watch it yet.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, regfootball said:

Now that’s something I didn’t need to see....darn near thought about trading the Equinox for one of these!

My neighbor brought one home from the plant....quickly becoming my fave ...  🙂

11 hours ago, regfootball said:

I'd take on with an automatic at $151 a month, but like @ocnblu I would go way over on mileage... though not quite as far. 

HD is a hard pass from me. 

- - - - -

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 8.52.17 AM.png

I REALLY like the 1500 (LT & up) design; it's unconventional to some degree but it also looks crisp & 'smart' somehow. I'd give them an 8.
The 2500/3500, sorry, but those are really ugly. Getting a 'Frankenstein forehead' vibe and none of the elements in the front end seem to be either cool or working together. I'd give them a 1 or 2.

Edited by balthazar
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

C-02 ~

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 9.10.31 AM.png

Amazing how far we have come in auto design from this and how the EV industry has used some of the same thinking in making their auto's today.

Please correct me if I am missing it @balthazar but did not the beginning of the industry do a type of skateboard concept with the frame and the body was just bolted down onto the top of it with everything else either between the frame or under it?

@Robert Hall If ya was back in AZ, you could check this out. Rivian is gonna be at the Overland Expo West.

image.png