Sign in to follow this  
BlkHhr104

2007 Pontiac G5 (picture)

Are you supprised at all? I'm not.. While I do think the Cobalt isn't a bad looking car, for Chevy, it's no Pontiac :thumbsdown:

I want to see the interior. As I've said before, badge engineering sucks, but it's not an ugly car to start with and if it helps Pontiac downt he road, then I will try to like it. I do have a soft spot on my heart for 5-speed fours... :scratchchin:

They have said the interior gets upgrades...though I just wanna see if the Cobalt sedan gets more Chevy taillights now...

Guest YellowJacket894

Boo! You suck! Get of the goddam stage, you piece of psuedo-Pontiac wannabe crap.

And Pontiac drifts even further toward irrelevancy.

What a joke. :rotflmao:

He's wrong about the taillights, though. The G5 coupe and sedan don't share tails.

The Sedan has an integrated round back-up lamp, and the coupe a separate one in the bumper. The tail also has a red ring light pattern instead of the solid circle on the Cobalt.

Check it out in person before making a judgment, bowtie dude. Sometimes the simplest of modifications can lend a whole new character to a car. I hope.

Man, I wished they made a bit more different! Maybe they should of gave it the Turbo Ecotec from the Solstice GXP, smoked headlights and taillights, anything!

And Pontiac drifts even further toward irrelevancy. 

What a joke.  :rotflmao:

When people on here (such as myself) suggest that GM still has too many divisions and that some of them (such as perhaps Pontiac) need to disappear.....it's because of product decisions such as THIS.....

The ONLY reason this car exists is to placate Pontiac dealers.

Any REAL demand for a Cobalt-type vehicle from General Motors could EASILY be filled by the thousands of Chevrolet dealerships in existence (as well as the smaller number of ION-selling Saturn dealerships.)

The J2000/Sunbird/Sunfire & Cavalier were never this lame

in terms of rebadge jobs. This is pathetic! :(

The J2000/Sunbird/Sunfire & Cavalier were never this lame

in terms of rebadge jobs. This is pathetic! :(

Yes they were. They weren't really differentiated until the 90s designs.

At least these two cars are contenders in the marketplace...

"We Build Excitement..!"

:blink:

Well, hmmm... is that still their slogan or did they ever change it?

They should try, "The brand with the Solstice." I'd say that's pretty much all they have going for them--maybe the GTO, but it was never as well-received as the Solstice.

Guest YellowJacket894

Pontiac: We Kill Excitement

Pontiac: We Make Excrement (Except for the Solstice, of course.)

Either one of those should be the real slogan right now.

seems to be a lot of resentment for this here little car.

i dont get what all this hate for it is about.

maybe someone can try to explain it without going "ewww"

ive seen a few g6's on the road and they always seem get my attention. they stand out more so than any accord or toyota ive ever seen.

this looks like a scaled down version of that. so whats the big deal?

mazda has a 3 and a 6. the corolla yaris camry and es are all closely related, too.

the cobalt sells rather well so why the hell not. for all the people who like the cobalt but dont want a chevy...hey, here ya go.

its not a firebird to a camaro but then these are completely different times and different cars, maybe even for a different crowd.

its not a panacea for pontiac but it cant hurt either. i know most of you people here arent car snobs so thats the big deal?

and the front end treatment, the kidney grill is found quite a bit in the car world.

jags-bmw-mitsubishi-and plenty others use it. the new pontiacs in my opinion nail it even more so than bmw. i understand if you dont like it so be it, but its not really cheap or white trashy as ive heard before. just throwing it out there.

maybe they shouldve slapped some tail fins and a really neat looking racing stripe to set it off. then again we can just wait and see how it sells. if it steals cobalt sales or can stand by itself. im just as curious as you may be.

anyone care to predict what they think a successful amount of sales would be for this car?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets