Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Telsa Model S, Now Grilleless!

Today, Telsa pulled the covers off the updated Model S.

The biggest change for the Model S is the removal of the front grille. It has been replaced with a similar fascia to the Model X and recently announced Model 3 - front panel and LED headlights. Inside, the Model S gets HEPA air-filtration system first introduced on the Model X as an option. This system according to Tesla is said to remove up to "99.97 percent of particulate exhaust pollution and effectively all allergens, bacteria, and other contaminants from cabin air."

Tesla has also swapped the 40-amp onboard charger to a 48-amp one that will reduce recharging times.

All of these updates means the Tesla Model S has a higher pricetag. The Model S now begins at $71,500 for the base 70 kW Model S, an increase of $1,500.

Source: Tesla

View full article

I LIKE IT!

I kinda got over the Model S' current "grill". I felt it started to look dated...and awkward. Worse than a grill-less face of the Model 3.

I started warming over the "grill-less" Model 3's face sometime last week, and I think this grill-less Model S wears the corporate face the best.

A 'grille' -just like 'scoop'- is a general term rather than an evaluation of functionality.

Model S has the very obvious appearance of a grille all along.

The minor MCE is not bad here, reinforces the 'electric' of the car (but the model 3 needs rhinoplasty).

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 1

New Tesla S

post-12-0-25562100-1460557335_thumb.jpg

Tesla 3

post-12-0-40444900-1460557196_thumb.jpg

Both need some Auto Style Plastic Surgery especially compared to the other EV companies releaseing this summer.

When Karma goes back into production and available this summer supposedly, I wonder how this will impact Tesla and their bland auto styling.

Karma Automotive

post-12-0-34838100-1460655423_thumb.jpg

Will anyone care that it came from the defunct Fiskar Karma automotive?

post-12-0-27736600-1460655189_thumb.jpg

What about these other companies who all have anounced they would go into production by summer 2016 with availability by end of 2016 in the US.

Detroit Electric

post-12-0-46342100-1460656384_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-72686600-1460656385_thumb.jpg

Spirra EV Supercar

post-12-0-84751300-1460656386_thumb.jpg

Rimac One EV

post-12-0-29709500-1460656388_thumb.jpg

We are in interesting times!

That Fisker Karma....man, what a SEXY car...

But before you guys think Im all weird and stuff...

I was thinking about Carmen Electra sitting next to me in that Fisker Karma...

Fisker-Atlantic-7-620x350.jpg

Fisker-Atlantic-1-620x350.jpg

carmen-electra.jpg

Bet you would have loved the version that has the corvette V8 engine in it. :P

That would have Electra-fied you!!!

Before or after Charlie Sheen?

Because if its after Charlie Sheen, maybe he should check himself out....

And....that man has bed some very fine women in his lifetime...

I salute him. (Prince that is because Charlie...well...lets leave it at that.)

cheers.gif

Detroit Electric is basically doing what Tesla is doing, expect they're about a decade late.

Sorry DFelt...Tesla wanted to make cars that look different but are still recogniable as pods.

How about that Apple car? Totally bland pod of a car.

It's like prepackaging apple pie. It's isn't the really thing.

Apple car =/= Apple Pie...

Detroit Electric is basically doing what Tesla is doing, expect they're about a decade late.

Sorry DFelt...Tesla wanted to make cars that look different but are still recogniable as pods.

How about that Apple car? Totally bland pod of a car.

It's like prepackaging apple pie. It's isn't the really thing.

Apple car =/= Apple Pie...

Totally agree with you about the Apple Car = Apple Pie. This is the most pathetic bland auto ever. Maybe it will appeal to apple fans if it is totally self driving and you can not drive it at all except sit there and give it the destination then play with your fruit phone. I see this as a big failure for Apple.

When Karma goes back into production and available this summer supposedly, I wonder how this will impact Tesla and their bland auto styling.

Karma Automotive

attachicon.gifKarmaEV.jpg

attachicon.giffisker-atlantic-01.jpg

What about these other companies who all have anounced they would go into production by summer 2016 with availability by end of 2016 in the US.

Detroit Electric

attachicon.gifdetroit_electric.jpg

attachicon.gifDetroitElectricSP01.jpg

Spirra EV Supercar

attachicon.gifoullim-spirra-ev-electric-supercar_100468888_m.jpg

Rimac One EV

attachicon.gifrimac-one-EV.jpg

WOW LOOKIT ALL THESE SEVERLY LIMITED SUPPLY CARS INCAPABLE OF TRANSPORTING MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE AROUND AND CATERING TO A NICHE AUDIENCE THAT WILL BE LEFT IN THE LURCH WHEN THE AFOREMENTIONED CAR'S BRANDS ALL DIE IN SIX MONTHS.

TESLA IS DOOMED YOU GUYS. CALLING IT RIGHT NOW. APRIL 17 2016 TESLA DOOMED, RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW.

• Agree 2

CALLING IT RIGHT NOW. APRIL 17 2016. TOYOTA CAMRY DEAD THIS YEAR. BLAND JELLYBEAN STYLING. HOW WILL IT COMPETE AGAINST THE STYLING OF THESE CONVENTIONALLY POWERED CARS?! HOW WILL IT POSSIBLY MANAGE TO EVEN BE CONSIDERED WHEN CROSS-SHOPPED WITH THESE BEAUTIES? SAD!

lamborghini-murcielago-2009-front-side-v

McLaren-P1.jpg

Bentley+Continental.jpg

TOYOTA DOOMAGE 2016.

• Agree 1

Karma Automotive

attachicon.gifKarmaEV.jpg

attachicon.giffisker-atlantic-01.jpg

Detroit Electric

attachicon.gifdetroit_electric.jpg

attachicon.gifDetroitElectricSP01.jpg

Spirra EV Supercar

attachicon.gifoullim-spirra-ev-electric-supercar_100468888_m.jpg

Rimac One EV

attachicon.gifrimac-one-EV.jpg

WOW LOOKIT ALL THESE SEVERLY LIMITED SUPPLY CARS INCAPABLE OF TRANSPORTING MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE AROUND AND CATERING TO A NICHE AUDIENCE THAT WILL BE LEFT IN THE LURCH WHEN THE AFOREMENTIONED CAR'S BRANDS ALL DIE IN SIX MONTHS.

TESLA IS DOOMED YOU GUYS. CALLING IT RIGHT NOW. APRIL 17 2016 TESLA DOOMED, RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW.

Doomed to die, doomed to be consumed by a larger company after MUSK is bankrupt, Doomed to what? Small niche player?

Do not get me wrong, I also do not think Tesla can survive in the current state they are, but I do think they will survive in a different business model, what that is could be many things, but I will say I do not see Tesla being independent for long.

Perfect example of why the Tesla 3 is questionable for 2017 with 400,000 models on reserve is that the Powerwall introduced to great fanfair in April 2015 is still in reserve mode and they are looking for distributors, installers, etc. Yes great at $3,000 per 6.4KwH pack, but then you also need the solar panels and space. 

I love the idea of the solar wall, but wonder about the viability of Tesla getting it to market. Course the Powerwall is also dependant on the GigaFactory, which I have no idea if it is actually up and running yet or not.

So many unknowns, but one, Tesla has shown off some very innovative tech.

Tesla’s biggest selling point has been its price. But many observers have noted that the installed cost of a Powerwall adds up to much more than the $3,000 retail price advertised by the manufacturer.

In Germany, for example, Sonnen estimates that the true cost of a Powerwall could be in the region of €8,500 to €9,000 (US$9,600 to $10,150), including the battery system itself plus a StorEdge inverter interface, gateway, reseller margin, installation fee and sales tax.

In Austria, meanwhile, the published price for a Powerwall-and-solar package is €17,900 ($20,220).

Tesla’s biggest selling point has been its price. But many observers have noted that the installed cost of a Powerwall adds up to much more than the $3,000 retail price advertised by the manufacturer.

In Germany, for example, Sonnen estimates that the true cost of a Powerwall could be in the region of €8,500 to €9,000 (US$9,600 to $10,150), including the battery system itself plus a StorEdge inverter interface, gateway, reseller margin, installation fee and sales tax.

In Austria, meanwhile, the published price for a Powerwall-and-solar package is €17,900 ($20,220).

OUCH,

I just read the whole story from where this is quoted and it is not nice towards Tesla.

Powerwall Fading