Ford Motor Company - Not Released

Monthly:
Jaguar Land Rover North America - Up 29% for the month 
FCA US LLC - Down 2% for the month, Flat at 0% for the year
Kia Motors America - Up 6.7% for the month, Up 5.9% for the year
Nissan Group - Down 12.0% for the month, Down 15.1% for the year
Volkswagen of America - Down 3.6% for the month, Down 5.1% for the year
Mitsubishi Motors North America -  Up 6.1% for the month, Up 4.7% for the year
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. - Up 10.1% for the month, Up 11.4% for the year 
American Honda Motor Co. - Down 0.4% for the month, Up 0.5% for the year
Hyundai Motor America - Up 2.0% for the month, Up 2.5% for the year
Subaru of America, Inc. - Up 3.9% for the month, Up 3.9% for the year
Toyota Motor North America - Down 5.2% for the month, Down 5.9% for the year
Mazda North American Operations - Down 7.3% for the month, Down 13.5% for the year
BMW of North America - Down 1.3% for the month, Down 3.6% for the year
Mercedes-Benz USA - Down 12.4% for the month, Down 13.1% for the year
Volvo Cars of North America, LLC - Up 5.6% for the month, Up 5.4% for the year
Audi of America - Down 12.2% for the month, Down 7.2% for the year

Brands (Quarterly):
Buick -  Not reported
Cadillac -  Not reported
Chevrolet - Not reported
GMC - Not reported
Ford - Not Reported
Lincoln - Not Reported

Brands (Monthly):
Acura - Up 11.3% - 12,213 MTD / 21,977 YTD
Alfa Romeo - Down 13% - 1,362 MTD / 298,118 YTD
Audi - Down 12.2% - 13,560 MTD / 27,813 YTD
BMW - Up 0.2% - 23,558 MTD / 41,660 YTD
Chrysler - Down 36% - 10,368 MTD / 19,422 YTD
Dodge - Down 8% - 37,073 MTD / 64,150 YTD
Fiat - Down 50% - 616 MTD / 1,367 YTD
Genesis - 
Honda - Down 1.6% - 102,926 MTD / 199,301 YTD
Hyundai - Up 2.0% - 45,612 MTD / 86,408 YTD
Infiniti - Down 17.3% - 10,607 MTD / 20,090 YTD
Jaguar - Up 59% - 3,465 MTD
Jeep - Down 4% - 67,075 MTD / 125,476 YTD
Kia - Up 6.7% - 43,406 MTD / 80,782 YTD
Land Rover - Up 19% - 8,151 MTD
Lexus - Up 4.4% - 20,122 MTD / 37,542 YTD
Mazda - Down 7.3% - 23,854 MTD / 43,897 YTD
Mercedes-Benz - Down 12.5% - 21,660 MTD / 44,167 YTD
Mercedes-Benz Vans - Down 9.9% - 2,729 MTD / 3,943 YTD
MINI - Down 1.3% - 2,679 MTD / 5,136 YTD
Mitsubishi - Up 6.1% - 13,760 MTD / 22,468 YTD
Nissan - Down 11.4% - 103,735 MTD / 194,174 YTD
Porsche - Up 10.1% - 4,826 MTD / 10,245 YTD
Ram Trucks - Up 24% - 45,542 MTD / 85,191 YTD
Smart - Down 45.3% - 58 MTD / 141 YTD
Subaru - Up 3.9% - 49,081 MTD / 95,153 YTD
Toyota - Down 6.3% - 152,626 MTD / 291,217 YTD
Volkswagen - Down 3.6% - 25,706 MTD / 48,780 YTD
Volvo - Up 5.6% - 6,635 MTD / 12,489 YTD

View full article

Guest Uncle Funkle

Hey, looks like Alfa Romeo’s having a great year! All that money FCA’s been spending is paying off. 

I have a sinking feeling q1 will be a bloodbath for GM. I hope I am wrong. On the bright side, last week of March they may be throwing thousands more on the hood in addition to what’s already on there, to anyone with a pulse and an SSN to fill out a credit app.

wow look at alpha romeos year to date. Lol

Edited by regfootball

GM is finally discounting the new trucks (of course the crewcab shortbed is the one they're pushing).  Anecdotally these trucks are still a rare sight on the roads round these parts.

• Agree 1

Yep- I'm also not seeing many '19s at all (did see 1 yesterday, prior to it was over a month). Is Chevy reporting '19 & '19 'classic' sales independently?
Dealer sites are primarily and by a long shot showing double cab/standard beds in inventory from my observation.

Maybe it depends on where you are but I have already seen about a half dozen new Silvis in just the last month.

The craptastic weather is absolutely a factor in craptastic sales overall though. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, ocnblu said:

GM is finally discounting the new trucks (of course the crewcab shortbed is the one they're pushing).  Anecdotally these trucks are still a rare sight on the roads round these parts.

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

Yep- I'm also not seeing many '19s at all (did see 1 yesterday, prior to it was over a month). Is Chevy reporting '19 & '19 'classic' sales independently?
Dealer sites are primarily and by a long shot showing double cab/standard beds in inventory from my observation.

I'm not seeing many of the Silverado, but the Sierras are plentiful, especially the Denali.  I'm surprised how many Denalis I see... almost as many as the Silverado entirely. 

5 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I'm not seeing many of the Silverado, but the Sierras are plentiful, especially the Denali.  I'm surprised how many Denalis I see... almost as many as the Silverado entirely.

Well to be fair, just like any new design, the highest-price trims are put on the lots first to try to bait the early adopters.  Sinister plot.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Well to be fair, just like any new design, the highest-price trims are put on the lots first to try to bait the early adopters.  Sinister plot.

Sinister only if you do not believe in the profit motive.

4 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

Sinister only if you do not believe in the profit motive.

Well I won't begrudge them a profit.  BUT they make plenty, regardless of trim level, even on the $39,930 Silverado WT regular cab 4X4 I want.  A mix right off the bat would better serve the customer, imo.  Honda dealers have plenty of $35k Passport Sports on the lots already, alongside $44k Elites.

23 minutes ago, balthazar said:

^ Isn't that the exact same physical vehicle, vs. all the different configurations & 2 different styles on 3 different chassis' of SIlverado tho?

Be interested in researching previous gens of GM trucks.  Have they always had staggered intros?  I don't think so.  Let's start with 1973, since there was a wider choice of configs starting with that redesign v. the '67-'72 light duties.  I think the staggered intro started with the '88 downsized fullsize trucks, where the old style was rebranded as "R/V" for the heavy 3/4 and one-tons for a while until the heavier new style trucks were ready.

Actually what I am referring to is not only a GM truck phenomenon.  Most new vehicle intros stack high trims onto the lots first.  Heck, some vehicles even have high-priced "launch editions".  You will be hard-pressed to find a Ranger Supercab right now, for example.  They are, by and large, Lariat and high-optioned XLT SuperCrews.

Edited by ocnblu

the company i work for got a bunch of the new style 19 silverados for their construction field people.  So they must have got them for a decent price arrangement.  I wanted to go out and look at a 4 popper today but couldn't make it out.  They are discounted nicely now.

• Agree 1

Sooooooo....., falling well under the radar is Tesla's performance.

In December they sold 32,600 vehicles.
In January, that PLUNGED by 75%, to 8,325.
February saw yet more blood, dropping to 7,650.

Feb; slightly shorter month, some rough weather in the northern half of the nation, but not this bad.

Of course the take-away --and we saw this with the Georgia state credit discontinuance and the 90% (IIRC) EV drop there-- is that the vast majority of buyers AREN'T in EVs to do The Greater Good, they are in it for a 'deal'. At least, such could be argued.

Tesla is throwing some levers (layoffs, store closings, price drops) to try and stem the bleeding, but if volume is their key to profitability, they've just been set back almost a year. Last time the Model 3 sold less than the 5750 it did in Feb was April 2018.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, riviera74 said:

Right now there is no rock-solid need to buy a Tesla, as opposed to a car with an ICE.  Tesla has some issues but the rest of the industry will soldier on without them.

Status being the biggest reason IMHO.

• Agree 1

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings