Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Sales: June 2019 Sales Figure Ticker

Quarterly:

Ford Motor Company - Down 4.1% for the Quarter, Down 2.9% for the year
General Motors Co. - Down 1.5% for the Quarter, Down 4.2% for the year
Tesla - Up 133.6% for the Quarter
FCA has announced that beginning October 2019, they will be reporting sales quarterly

Monthly:
Audi of America -  Down 0.3% for the month, Down 6% for the year
BMW of North America -  Up 3.9% for the month, Down 1.1% for the year
FCA US LLC - Up 2% for the month, Down 2% for the year - Final monthly reporting.
Genesis Motor America - Not Yet Reported
Honda Motor Co. -  Down 7.3% for the month, Down 1.4% for the year
Hyundai Motor America -  Up 1.5% for the month, Up 1.69% for the year
Infiniti USA - 
Down 8.0% for the month, Down 12.6% for the year
Jaguar Land Rover North America - Not Yet Reported
Kia Motors America - Up 0.4% for the month, Up 3.8% for the year
Mazda North American Operations - Down 15.1.0%  for the month, Down 15.5% for the year
Mercedes-Benz USA - Up 0.5% for the month, Down 7.1% for the year
Mitsubishi Motors North America -  Up 10.5% for the month, Up 5.6% for the year
Nissan Group - Down 14.9% for the month, Down 8.2% for the year
Porsche Cars North America Inc. -  Up 6.4% for the month, Up 2.8% for the year
Subaru of America, Inc. - Up 2.8% for the month, Up 5.2% for the year
Toyota Motor North America - Down 3.5% for the month, Down 3.1% for the year
Volkswagen of America -  Up 10% for the month, Up 6.8% for the year
Volvo Cars of North America, LLC - Up 0.7% for the month, Up 5.2% for the year

Brands (Quarterly):
Buick -  Up 4.7% - 55,373 QTD / 107,240 YTD
Cadillac -  Up 1.3% - 39,739 QYD / 75,734 YTD
Chevrolet - Down 5.3% - 499,847 QTD / 952,248 YTD
GMC - Up 9.8% - 151,700 QTD / 277,277 YTD
Ford - Down 4.0% - 624,396 QTD / 1,189,670 YTD
Lincoln - Down 6.7% - 25,940 QTD / 50,915 YTD
Tesla - Up 133.6% - 95,200 QTD

Brands (Monthly):
Acura - Down 16.4% - 12,148 MTD / 73,767 YTD
Alfa Romeo - Down 29% - 1,595 MTD / 9,037 YTD
Audi - Down 0.3% - 19,409 MTD / 101,440 YTD
BMW - Up 7.5% - 31,627 MTD / 156,440 YTD
Chrysler - Down 4% - 12,941 MTD / 64,422 YTD
Dodge - Down 17% - 38,561 MTD / 228,099 YTD
Fiat - Down 35% - 933 MTD / 5,103 YTD
Genesis - Not reported
Honda - Down 6.3% - 135,901 MTD / 776,995 YTD
Hyundai - Up 1.5% - 64,202 MTD / 333,328 YTD
Infiniti - Down 8.0% - 9,839 MTD / 63,058 YTD
Jaguar -Not Yet Reported
Jeep - Down 12% - 76,826 MTD / 456,281 YTD
Kia - Up 0.4% - 56,801 MTD / 304,844 YTD
Land Rover -  Not Yet Reported
Lexus - Down 3.0% - 23,047 MTD  / 135,735 YTD
Mazda - Down 15.1% - 22,828 MTD / 138,555 YTD
Mercedes-Benz - Flat 0.0% - 26,196 MTD / 147,396 YTD
Mercedes-Benz Vans - Up 7.0% 3,005 MTD / 16,025 YTD
MINI - Down 22% - 3,235 MTD / 17,583 YTD
Mitsubishi - Up 10.5% - 12,317 MTD / 71,097 YTD
Nissan - Down 15.4% - 113,665 MTD / 653,978 YTD
Porsche - Up 6.4% - 5,205 MTD / 30,257 YTD
Ram Trucks - Up 45% - 75,227 MTD / 333,168 YTD
Smart - Down 41.3% - 74 MTD / 496 YTD
Subaru - Up 6.4% - 63,972 MTD / 278,014 YTD
Toyota - Down 3.5% - 179,305 MTD / 1,054,311 YTD
Volkswagen - Up 10% - 31,725 MTD / 184,608 YTD
Volvo - Up 0.7% - 9,934 MTD / 50,120 YTD

View full article

FCA is a house of cards being held up by Ram trucks.  Even Jeep is down, and Fiat and Alfa are way down on tiny volume to begin with Chrysler is down on low volume, Dodge way down on moderate volume.

19 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

You just like to pick on FCA.  They sell more Jeeps than Volkswagen and Audi combined. They sell more than all of Hyundai. They sell more than all of Kia.  They're moving a lot of metal. Jeep alone sells about 50% of the entire Toyota brand. 

They have volume now but Jeep has been down almost every month the past year or so.  And the market they compete in is getting more and more flooded.   I think Jeep has great brand image and styling, but the nuts and bolts of their product is still FCA parts bin which means lackluster interiors and poor reliability.  Jeep is right down there at the bottom of reliability ratings with Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Dodge.  

Hyundai and Kia are bringing a ton of SUVs that look pretty good online, and their quality and reliability is really good, they are going to steal sales off Jeep all day long.  Ford has 1 or 2 Bronco's coming, GM has more SUVs coming, although most of these seem like boring Asian designs.  VW could step up their SUV game, their stuff looks boring and isn't that nice inside for what you are paying.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

They have volume now but Jeep has been down almost every month the past year or so.  And the market they compete in is getting more and more flooded.   I think Jeep has great brand image and styling, but the nuts and bolts of their product is still FCA parts bin which means lackluster interiors and poor reliability.  Jeep is right down there at the bottom of reliability ratings with Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Dodge.  

Hyundai and Kia are bringing a ton of SUVs that look pretty good online, and their quality and reliability is really good, they are going to steal sales off Jeep all day long.  Ford has 1 or 2 Bronco's coming, GM has more SUVs coming, although most of these seem like boring Asian designs.  VW could step up their SUV game, their stuff looks boring and isn't that nice inside for what you are paying.

That just means that 2018 was a great year for them (and it was).  But look at all the red on that ticker, lots of brands are struggling right now... the market as a whole is down something like 3% for the year. 

Jeep has 4 new or updated models coming out over the next 2 years. And that's just the ones we know about. I think they'll be just fine. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

That just means that 2018 was a great year for them (and it was).  But look at all the red on that ticker, lots of brands are struggling right now... the market as a whole is down something like 3% for the year. 

Jeep has 4 new or updated models coming out over the next 2 years. And that's just the ones we know about. I think they'll be just fine. 

Agreed. Jeep’s not going anywhere. Get the feeling that nice Jeep truck will be a winner....

Just like everyone else though, they are going to have to add the discounts too.....

14 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Looking at Kia and VW, looks like people are heading back toward cheaper stuff..

#timeforthediscounts

Still predicting the coming recession?  I still see it too, but the economy is defying the indicators for now. 

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Still predicting the coming recession?  I still see it too, but the economy is defying the indicators for now. 

Call us back in one year, then we can talk.  The real question is why Chevrolet sales fell off a cliff.  Apparently, RAM trucks are now outselling Chevy trucks.  HOW did that happen?

36 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Have you seen the 2019 Silverados and Rams?

Yes, I would take a Ram over the Butt Ugly Silverados.

7 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Yes, I would take a Ram over the Butt Ugly Silverados.

Yep, Silverado would be a distant 3rd place to the F150 and Ram. I'd really have to drive and fiddle around with the Ram and F150 to decide which I'd buy(assuming both are optioned and priced the sam, which is pretty difficult in itself to find). 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

Sorry, didn’t mean their stuff was cheap. I meant as having both better deals and smarter priced stuff.....

I think to finance the EV push, putting money on the hood to move metal is a smart move to keep things going in the short term.

It's smart for the consumer of course, but for OEMs already losing thousands per unit- it makes little sense. 
1. Selling more of a money-losing product doesn't help the OEM's books.
2. Creating an expectation that 'big discounts' are the norm creates downward pressure on future (hopefully profitable) ATPs.
The only thing that is relatively 'safe' in this regard is tax credits- most people don't qualify for the full amount (but it sounds good) and the fact that it's Gov't-issued takes the control of that discount out of the OEM's hands.

• Agree 1

On 7/2/2019 at 6:18 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

You just like to pick on FCA.  They sell more Jeeps than Volkswagen and Audi combined. They sell more than all of Hyundai. They sell more than all of Kia.  They're moving a lot of metal. Jeep alone sells about 50% of the entire Toyota brand. 

Actually to be technically correct, VW and Audi don't make or sell any Jeeps (Horse ducks from wrench thrown from Pittsburgh...)....but yes you are correct.

18 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Yep.......

but not for long......

Rail and Semi traffic is down, the indicators are there. Conflict with Iran and the middle east that is self induced from Washington won't help matters either. markets like stability.

19 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Yep, Silverado would be a distant 3rd place to the F150 and Ram. I'd really have to drive and fiddle around with the Ram and F150 to decide which I'd buy(assuming both are optioned and priced the sam, which is pretty difficult in itself to find). 

I love the F series....even being down on ford, I just love the F series.

20 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Have you seen the 2019 Silverados and Rams?

Unfortunately, yes...on the part of the Silverado.

On 7/2/2019 at 6:43 PM, smk4565 said:

Hyundai and KIA do have their A game on, I will sport you that one at least.

• Agree 1

On 7/2/2019 at 6:49 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

Gladiator looks killer. Although i really like the Toyota 4 runner also. Lot of good product in that segment of SUV.

5 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Updated with Ford and Mercedes.  JLR still has not reported.

How hard is it for JLR to report their sales? Just count with their fingers, since they shouldn’t need anymore than those, and write it down in crayon. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

How hard is it for JLR to report their sales? Just count with their fingers, since they shouldn’t need anymore than those, and write it down in crayon. 

maybe they deleted their Excel spreadsheets by accident..

• Haha 2

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings