Walking in NYC guess what I Saw?

Walking to a meeting through Times Square and i couldn't believe it a New Aura drives right up to me with Michigan plates. I'm from Detroit so i'm used to seeing pre-production cars but not in NYC. Anyways the pics are not great, they are from my phone. Funny thing is that these guys who look like "ROCK STARS" walk out and all these guys came and help them out. I'm not into Rock so i had no clue who they were i just took two pics. LMAO the funny thing is that this guy came up to me and told me to stop taking pics, he thought i was taking pics of the people but i was taking pics of the car!! Sounds like one of those lame commercials. Anyways the car looked HOTT it was blue with chrome accents. Dual exhaust, BUEATIFUL interior...i was pretty impress. anyways enjoy the pics.Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by illustcat

Walking to a meeting through Times Square and i couldn't belive it a New Aura drives right up to me with Michigan plates. I'm from detroit so i'm used to seeing pre-production cars but not in NYC. Anyways the pics are not great, they are from my phone. Funny thing is that these guys who look like "ROCK STARS" walk out and all these guys came and help them out. I'm not into Rock so i had no clue who they were i just took two pics. LMAO the funny thing is that this guy came up to me and told me to stop taking pics, he thought i was taking pics of the people but i was taking pics of the car!! Sounds like one of those lame commercials. Anyways the car looked HOTT it was blue with crome accents. Dual exhaust, BUEATIFUL interior...i was pretty impress. anyways enjoy the pics.Posted Image

Posted Image

Why can;t GM figure out that "eterior sliding" moonroof is about the ugliest thing one can do to a car...

other than that... nice pics and beautiful car... I will be watching how it will do .

Igor

Why can;t GM figure out that "eterior sliding" moonroof is about the ugliest thing one can do to a car...

other than that... nice pics and beautiful car... I will be watching how it will do .

Igor

I used to think the same, but considering the moonroof/sunroof is something you use when you are inside the car, and that "exterior sliding" ones save headroom... I'de say they aren't that bad.

Looks good, still I can't get too excited about this when the

Zetas are oging to be MUCH cooler.

I prefer up & over sunroofs, why eat up interior headroom if you don't have to?

Because it really, really looks better.

See my post above... it does look a lot better, but what's it matter if it's only open when you are in the car. And the head room thing is a big deal in certain cars (ex. I don't fit in the middle row of the Audi Q7 because of the sunroof).

Wow, those are the mos impressive pics of the Aura yet. It doesn't look to have the saddle interior option, and I think that helps a lot.

Yes sir, I am impressed with the car in these pics. Chrome accents against the blue really look classy, and the wheels are brighter looking than I thought. Does it have a black interior? Nice.

I don't care if the roof opens outside. I'd rather have intact headroom. (Not that I need much, but ya know.)

It looks much better in person. Is it sooo hard for GM to get some decent photographers? I mean... come on! Also, did anyone notice the logo? I don't see red at all. Either that or the photo makes it appear like that.

Finally, is that guy in the green shirt urinating in the car?? Discuss.. :lol:

The chrome accents look great, whels look better here, but the sunroof does look bad.

As is becoming the norm for GM vehicles - they look better in real life (even from a cell phone camera) than in the press releases and introductions. Why can't GM capture the beauty of their cars with all the money the spend on advertising. This dark blue with the chrome and black leather interior is beautiful!! So much better than the matte finish vehicle they showed with the brown leather and wood back in NY.

Geez, that really looks good. The color's right, and the black leather interior looks on point. All of my negative thoughts on the wheels have disappeared. They look hot as hell in these pics; very sporty. Camry, Alty, Passat, Accord, who?

Looks great-but they should ditch the Navy Blue (on all vehicles, especially Aura, Solstice and Sky)-replace it with that new Deep/Midnight 37U Blue or such. Can't wait to get info on and see the Aura!

on the sunroof topic... it's not like they couldn't do it. it's platform mate, the saab 9-3, has an "innie" sunroof and in my opion, interior space impact goes unnoticed. (fyi, i'm 6' and have an 03 93 vector)

that aside, i've seen a few of the aura's around here in metro detroit. i just don't have a quick camera hand like the OP.

thanks for sharing!

sn

i may be crazy...but the windshield looks like it is extended into the roof, like the astra in europe....could this be a future option aura that was caught in nyc...that may explain the different sunroof....i was under the understanding that the sunroof for the aura was going to be the g6 accordion sunroof

The rims are still horrible, too Buick-y for my taste. While I like them on Buicks, they do not look right on Saturns. I don't have a problem with this type of sunroof on Pontiacs because its look sporty, IMO, but it does not fit the new entry-luxury image of Saturn.

Overall, it does look better than what we saw in the promo shots.

nice pics quick draw.

i like the one with that swashbucklin buccaneer strolling past the car.

your lucky they didnt take your phone and smash it.

[/quote

I really doubt they cared. I mean 2pm in TIMES SQUARE where a million plus pictures are taken day...how can you not think it wouldn't get notice???

Edited by illustcat

I really doubt they cared. I mean 2pm in TIMES SQUARE where a million plus pictures are taken day...how can you not think it wouldn't get notice???

true, true but with my luck theyd have been diplomats or secret service or some s and id be taken in for questioning. even with bands, plenty of times ive seen camera confiscated. usually at shows but still. sometimes they only take the film.

i saw the v8 vantage a while bck on lafayette and astor by the cube near st. marks pl. it was roped off with all the lights like if it was a magazine or promo type shoot. i dont even think most people knew what it was, just kept on walking.

i got about 10 feet and people started coming out of the woodwork.

those were seriously nice shots though, better than the ones gm pays for.

i may be crazy...but the windshield looks like it is extended into the roof, like the astra in europe....could this be a future option aura that was caught in nyc...that may explain the different sunroof....i was under the understanding that the sunroof for the aura was going to be the g6 accordion sunroof

We can only hope! It looks that way to me too..............I like this styling feature and I'd like to see it as some kind of trademark for Saturn. 8)

Both sunroofs are available. Panoramic and tilt/slide. My G6 has a regular tilt/slide.