2007 GMC Acadia - Images

So, why not rate the Acadia?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. So, why not rate the Acadia?

• 5 - Excellent! Professional and elegant.
    • 4 - Pretty good, but...
    • 3 - Not bad.
    • 2 - Not really liking it.
    • 1 - Ugh. Puke already.

Holy Awsome!! That is one sharp vehicle!! I like it a lot better than the Outlook. Still wish they would have painted the rocker area the same as the vehicle though.

Edited by BuddyP

Fantastic interior. Still disappointed by the exterior...granted the detailing is nice, but the design itself still looks thrown together ala Outlook, and still looks generally derivative. I wish GMC could have stuck with the Audi-esque Terra theme or at least tried to produce something like the Graphyte. But all in all, it's "not bad."

Holy Awsome!! That is one sharp vehicle!! I like it a lot better than the Outlook. Still wish they would have painted the rocker area the same as the vehicle though.

165805[/snapback]

I agree, but I'm betting they will on the Denali trim models.

The gray rocker panel area makes it look a little more "rugged" and "trucky"

Which is fine by me, there is a reason why the Enclave exists.

I can not find a single thing wrong with the specs or the looks of this crossover. GM did an outstanding job and made a great product.

HUD!!!!!!!

165818[/snapback]

i CAN'T believe they are offering HUD in the Acadia! fantastic! Now it HAS to be offered in the NG CTS!

The interior is amazing. That leather color is beautiful. The IP is kind of boring, though. The Lambda platform is really turning them out. I love it.

The exterior is alright. It looks a little too much like the Outlook for my tastes but the rims and quad exhaust are hot.

Edit: Acadia should be AWD-only.

Edited by sciguy_0504

GREAT!!!!!

only thing that looks slightly "wierd" are the mirrors, how small the support for them is, but i guess thats aerodynamics for you... and why are the big interior pics from the silver one?...whatever.

where would somebody put a side by side comparo of how all the lambda's look so far? counting the enclave of coarse. can someone do that?

8)

The attention to detail i s amazing. They have taken care of almost all the ussual gripes that come with a new GM vechicle launch.

Color interior, HUD, Navi, 19 inch wheels, quad exhaust, 8 passenger capacity with fold flat seats etc etc ect......

AWESOME!

One thing I find a little strange are the headlights. Not what I expected.

EVERYONE!

compare the "airbag status" light on these pics, and then look here

www.gmc.com/acadia/acadiaexperience.jsp

they are 2 different centre stacks! I think (and hope) the ones on the GMC site are production ready.

Edited by jbartley

Upon closer inspection, I take it back...the CGI on the website is prolly more accurate since the new airbag indicator panel is more complex and takes dual stages and passenger seatbelt sensors while the other is an OFF/ON indicator. Good catch!

Upon closer inspection, I take it back...the CGI on the website is prolly more accurate since the new airbag indicator panel is more complex and takes dual stages and passenger seatbelt sensors while the other is an OFF/ON indicator.  Good catch!

165867[/snapback]

thanks! that's what i thought, too.

fyi - They aren't all CGI, there is a picture tab on the bottom of the acadia flash site. right next to the autoshow schedule and 360* views.

Edited by jbartley

It's nice enough looking inside & out but I'd never want a

unibody truck like this: FWD/FW-biased-AWD with V6

power as the only motor & not to mention the transverse

mounted motor/trans.

The more SUVs they make the more I can't STAND them.

It's nice enough looking inside & out but I'd never want a

unibody truck like this: FWD/FW-biased-AWD with V6

power as the only motor & not to mention the transverse

mounted motor/trans.

The more SUVs they make the more I can't STAND them.

165890[/snapback]

Boy, good thing you're not running the show at GM, we could consider the company as good as dead.

Something about that upper lip on the front bumper that I am not do sure about, but other than that what a slick looking rig. The interior is nice, the profile has a nice stance, and I like the taillights too.

Should sell well.

// c0ld_phuz10n

The exterior is a little plain BUT it's plain design done right. It's very clean, the lines flow well and nothing really seems out of place. Seeing the Acadia reaffirms my initial reaction to the Outlook's design needing to be more daring. It's like Outlook half-assed trying to be daring. Either be daring or don't.

The interior is great and I like how the top of the center stack doesn't have the bump that the Outlook has.

Good design, inside and out, a 6 speed transmission and a multivalve powertrain. What's not to love?

I'd like to second the request for a side-by-side comparision with the Outlook. Have production images of the Enclave been released yet?

Overall, I think the Acadia looks to much like the Outlook and feel the third Lambda should have been given to SAAB instead of GMC. One Lambda is engough for PGB dealers.

The Acadia is actually very different from the Outlook, the Outlook looks boring in comparison actually, especially the interior.

I will try to do a side-by-side when I get done with all these pictures I'm working on right now and going to post in like 10 minutes.

A vehicle like this: chunky ass designed to carry a lot of weight on

top of the rear axle, should be RWD & REAR -biased-AWD.

No amount of marketing B.S. and/or manipulation of the laws of

physics will convince me otherwise. The Tracker was a cheap-@ss

basic bare bones cute-ute but at least it was built w/ RWD/R-AWD.

Since we're talking about the survival of GM Nissan has a decent

RWD-biased-AWD crossover & ALL the GMT900s are built as ALL

trucks should be: R.W.D. & rear-biased-4WD.

I think they did a good job. My two only dislikes are the grey lower body panels(this is a pet peeve of mine), and the taillights. I suppose as someone mentioned the Denali version could get monochromatic color schemes, but then the car will probably be out of my price range. The taillights could have done without the round circles in the middle. They just remind me of cheap APC aftermarket lights all the ricers have. Solid Red lower with the upper white would have been classy and cool.

Noticably similar, but differentiated enough to HOPEFULLY not compete for the same buyers.

Side not, here's a few things I'd like to see in Denali form.

D/I 3.6L 300hp V6

AWD

20-inch rims

Blue-slate, black, red-slate, beige leather interior (suede inserts optional)

Suede covered upper-dash

Northstar: The real life pics are AWESOME!! Looks even better now.

I noticed the + and - on the side of the shifter knob. Are these for autoshifting? Not sure I like the location if so, as I tend to hold on to the knob if it is within easy/comfortable reach. I may accidentally be upshifting/downshifting at the wrong time causing damage. Now seeing it closer, it also looks like the dash is a hard plastic again. Is this true, or is it just look this way and actually has some give to it, like my current Envoy?