2007 GMC Acadia - Images

So, why not rate the Acadia?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. So, why not rate the Acadia?

• 5 - Excellent! Professional and elegant.
    • 4 - Pretty good, but...
    • 3 - Not bad.
    • 2 - Not really liking it.
    • 1 - Ugh. Puke already.

I dunno... It looks sort of like an overfed Pontiac Torrent with a Yukon-ish interior to my eyes. Better looking than the Outlook, but I think it would be a stretch to call it pretty (except in comparison to past GM products). I gave it a 2.

The rear is not different enough from the Outlook.  Hell, the badges are in the same locations.

166108[/snapback]

the pictures aren't big enought to do justice. the tailgate bottoms and bumpers are completely different

Edited by jbartley

Maybe for the Outlook! My bet is around 31-33k...

166306[/snapback]

Envoy starts at $27, I can't see the Acadia starting at more than $28-29k. The Enclave, with standard leather and whatnot, should be around $34-35k. Outlook around $25k.

Thats my opinion, though. ^_^

Edited by bowtie_dude

I noticed the manumatic shift button like the one that used to be on the malibu. I also really like the red backlighting shown at GMC.com. I just hope it isn't mixed blue like in these with red everything else...ick...GORGEOUS design though.

I'll give it a 4 for now. I need to see it in person to give it a 5!

I love the red leather, something GM should get back to .... color matched interiors.

There are only a few nit picky items I can see from the pictures and they may be resolved on the production models.

If the Trailblazer wasn't so new (04 model) and retirement income wasn't so limited ... the Acadia would be in my garage this fall.

This is a nice looking vehicle. The interior has a "rugged" look, but is still quite slick.

Now, you can't argue taste, I suppose, but the front end is a bit snub-nosed for me.

And is anyone gonna use the third row? It looks just as cramped as a Highlander, and let me tell you that Highlander third rows can't be used by anyone over 6.

And is anyone gonna use the third row? It looks just as cramped as a Highlander, and let me tell you that Highlander third rows can't be used by anyone over 6.

167226[/snapback]

Two things that this has over the Tahoe 1) it's longer and 2) the third-row footwell is recessed. I'm 6'3" and fit in our Tahoe if I need to (not comfortably)... from the looks of it, I could fit comfortably in the third-row of the Acadia (and the other Lambdas). Basically, the third-row in the Lambdas seems more like the Suburban's and not at all like the Tahoe's

Very VERY impressive design and appearance. This was the interior I had hoped they'd put in the Envoy someday. Only concern is the AWD version is pushing 5000 lbs, (FWD version is 4722 lbs.), but with only 247 lbs-ft of torque. Owning a Envoy XL 2WD V-8 at just over 4800 lbs but with 330 lbs-ft, this X-over combination may not feel as satisfying on the road depending on transmission gearing. With the weight of this X-over being as much as it is, while I'm glad they built it and it looks fantastic, I'm wondering if upgrades to the 360 platform would have been a more effective use of R&D. Of course with the 360 platform you wouldn't have gained the rear inteior room and useful trunk feature, unless of course they went to IRS which I would have loved to have seen with either the I6 or the V8. Still, I'm hoping this vehicle will be a big success for GMC, and judging from these pictures it should be.

WOW!!!!!!

Since when did this 'single' turn into a 'grand slam'?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm floored!!!!! Everything is excellent! And FINALLY, the attention to detail I've been wanting for so long!

I too wished GMC had stuck with "Terra" but the new, more organic design theme stacks up well and it'll probably appeal more to females as well, which is a good thing since they make the majority of durable good purchase decisions now anyway.

WAY TO GO GM!!!

Exterior complaints:

1: I am really sick of irregularly shaped headlights whose odd designs do nothing for aesthetics other than to differentiate products. Seriously designers, if you can't be creative enough to make multiple distinct designs, you should probably find yourself a new career.

2:

Posted Image

Interior Complaints:

:crickets:

Exterior complaints:

1:  I am really sick of irregularly shaped headlights whose odd designs do nothing for aesthetics other than to differentiate products.  Seriously designers, if you can't be creative enough to make multiple distinct designs, you should probably find yourself a new career. 

I like modern lighting packaging..some are pretty distinctive and unique with projector bulbs, etc.. definitely better than the ugly big square 2-light systems in the late-70s/early-80s or the oh-so-dull rectangular flat plastic flush housings that were over-used in the late 80s early '90s...