thegriffon

Toyota Launches Redesigned E14 Corolla

Toyota Launches Completely Redesigned Corolla Sedan

and Corolla Fielder

Tokyo — TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION (TMC) announced today the Japan sales launch of the completely redesigned Corolla sedan—now known as the Corolla Axio—and completely redesigned Corolla Fielder small station wagon through "Toyota Corolla" dealers nationwide. …

:arrow: Got to full press release from Toyota

Assembly Plant:

Corolla Axio: Honsha Plant, Central Motor Co., Ltd.

Corolla Fielder: Higashifuji Plant, Kanto Auto Works, Ltd.

"Completely redesigned" is an exaggeration. The new Corolla follows standard Toyota practice, with new powertrain options and a redesigned body and interior, but sharing the basic body structure introduced with the previous generation E12/E13* Corolla variants.

*E12 Corolla and Corolla Altis sedans, Corolla Fielder wagon, 3- and 5-door hatchbacks, Corolla Spacio MPV; E13 Corolla Matrix and Pontiac Vibe wagons.

Wow, the old corolla with a new grill. That is innovation. Everyday it seems toyota is getting more and more like old school GM / Ford / Chrysler.

Mercury called, They want their grill back....better than the Yaris and Camry anyway. It looks good at some angles (mainly the rear 3/4ths). That's a really nice interior, save for the ugly steering wheel, that'll be a real selling point for this thing.

If the platform ain't broke, don't fix it.

Unless the exterior is looking dated, then fix that.

That front end is the best I've seen on a Toyota. The profile is more Lexus-like, and the interior, particularly the HVAC part of the stack, looks great.

I just hope Ford can do just as well with their "new sheetmetal on a proven platform" Focus.

I have to admit, it is a very refined car, and looks good inside and out. It looks like it got a lot of influence from the new Yaris, and the front end reminds me of the tC. Nothing special about it, it certainly isn't as modern looking as the new Civic, or as controversial. :AH-HA_wink:

The Mazda3 still kicks this thing in its nuts... and bolts.

Edited by Captainbooyah

Guest YellowJacket894

Yeah. I've seen this before a dozen times. This car inspires me to make buttered toast, not drive -- it's nothing to be excited about and never will be.

Let me know when I give a damn.

I have to admit, it is a very refined car, and looks good inside and out. It looks like it got a lot of influence from the new Yaris, and the front end reminds me of the tC. Nothing special about it, it certainly isn't as modern looking as the new Civic, or as controversial.  :AH-HA_wink:

203396[/snapback]

i agree the front end is definetly TC-ish

Yeah. I've seen this before a dozen times. This car inspires me to make buttered toast, not drive -- it's nothing to be excited about and never will be.

Let me know when I give a damn.

203408[/snapback]

If you don't give a damn, why the heck are you in this thread?

Guest YellowJacket894

If you don't give a damn, why the heck are you in this thread?

203435[/snapback]

Because life's kicking my ass today, and since Toyota was the closest ass to kick back . . .

I wouldn't drive one, but it looks like a successful refresh. The body looks more substantial, and the Yaris cues make it a bit funkier.

Decent looking, but not good enough to catch my eye. I'd take a 3, Golf, Cobalt, Caliber, or even Spectra over this.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook