What GM name is most likely to be dropped

Dsuupr

What recentely introduced name by GM will be dropped?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What recentely introduced name by GM will be dropped?

• LaCrosse
    • Terraza
    • Cobalt
    • HHR
    • Uplander
    • G6
    • Solstice
    • Montana SV6

Montana SV6...either become just 'SV6' or dropped completely... BPG dealers don't need two minivans... As far as existing, longer-lived names: Grand Prix.... I suspect it will become the 'G8' eventually.. Edited by moltar

I voted Uplander but G6 is just as good of a candidate. <_<

I think that the Torrent will be dropped before any of these. Ultimately, I think that GMC will get all of the crossovers to be sold by Buick-Pontiac-GMC, except for possibly the new Buick Lambda (hopefully to retain the Rendezvous name).

Isn't the Montana name dropped? It's just referred as SV6 on the website.

Interesting...must be a change for '06...in '05 they were the Montana SV6 while they still offered the old-style Montana....(probably kept the Montana label for 1 model year for insurance purposes, like Nissan did with the original Altima (Stanza Altima) and the Armada (Pathfinder Armada in it's first year)..

I voted HHR. Name makes no sense to me, and doesn't have any kind of ring to it.

[post="16287"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually, the name stands for something--I just can't remember what. Help here?

We could edit the choices and combine all the minivan names into one selection :P I selected LaCrosse. Buick needs a sedan name that can be marketed anywhere. LaCrosse will never be used in Canada. So I see the Allure/LaCrosse names consolidated into just Allure or both replaced altogether. I really don't think the other names have anything wrong with them... just that there might be something wrong with the vehicles they're applied to (like the minivans.)

So far only 2 cars hit their execution and name right to be held, atleast if we where the board of GM. I do disagree with those that voted for the G6. That is one name GM will probably keep for a while, as the car is right, and the name fits then new image Pontiac is going for.

I selected LaCrosse. Buick needs a sedan name that can be marketed anywhere. LaCrosse will never be used in Canada. So I see the Allure/LaCrosse names consolidated into just Allure or both replaced altogether.

[post="16296"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, maybe they could change it to, oh, I don't know, REGAL?!?

I know they simply felt the need to consolidate Regal and Century. But Regal has long been a great car, and the last GS was the best since the Grand National, which itself was the best since the 76 model.

I picked Uplander, but I'd think rather Torrent or Terraza as well. All dumb names, all lousy vehicles (okay, Torrent is not lousy, just absolutely unnecessary in its form). Edited by Mule Bakersdozen LS

• 4 years later...