Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dsuupr

What GM name is most likely to be dropped

What recentely introduced name by GM will be dropped?   44 members have voted

1. 1. What recentely introduced name by GM will be dropped?

• LaCrosse
    • Terraza
    • Cobalt
    • HHR
    • Uplander
    • G6
    • Solstice
    • Montana SV6

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 posts in this topic

Montana SV6...either become just 'SV6' or dropped completely... BPG dealers don't need two minivans... As far as existing, longer-lived names: Grand Prix.... I suspect it will become the 'G8' eventually.. Edited by moltar

I voted Uplander but G6 is just as good of a candidate. <_<

I think that the Torrent will be dropped before any of these. Ultimately, I think that GMC will get all of the crossovers to be sold by Buick-Pontiac-GMC, except for possibly the new Buick Lambda (hopefully to retain the Rendezvous name).

I voted for the Terazza... but if the Rainier was there, it'd have my vote.

Isn't the Montana name dropped? It's just referred as SV6 on the website.

Interesting...must be a change for '06...in '05 they were the Montana SV6 while they still offered the old-style Montana....(probably kept the Montana label for 1 model year for insurance purposes, like Nissan did with the original Altima (Stanza Altima) and the Armada (Pathfinder Armada in it's first year)..

The van will proabably follow in due time.

I voted HHR. Name makes no sense to me, and doesn't have any kind of ring to it.

[post="16287"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually, the name stands for something--I just can't remember what. Help here?

Solstice is a staple at Pontiac now and will be around for many, many, many years to come. It was an easy choice given the news we know. SV6.

We could edit the choices and combine all the minivan names into one selection :P I selected LaCrosse. Buick needs a sedan name that can be marketed anywhere. LaCrosse will never be used in Canada. So I see the Allure/LaCrosse names consolidated into just Allure or both replaced altogether. I really don't think the other names have anything wrong with them... just that there might be something wrong with the vehicles they're applied to (like the minivans.)

Actually, the name stands for something--I just can't remember what.  Help here?

[post="16293"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Heritage High Roof.

So far only 2 cars hit their execution and name right to be held, atleast if we where the board of GM. I do disagree with those that voted for the G6. That is one name GM will probably keep for a while, as the car is right, and the name fits then new image Pontiac is going for.

I selected LaCrosse. Buick needs a sedan name that can be marketed anywhere. LaCrosse will never be used in Canada. So I see the Allure/LaCrosse names consolidated into just Allure or both replaced altogether.

[post="16296"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, maybe they could change it to, oh, I don't know, REGAL?!?

I know they simply felt the need to consolidate Regal and Century. But Regal has long been a great car, and the last GS was the best since the Grand National, which itself was the best since the 76 model.

Heritage High Roof.

[post="16297"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, the main problem is the acronym is simply clumsy to pronounce...and probably was better saved for a sports car of some sort.

HHR. I just simply can't see that name sticking around for more than one generation. Furthermore, to me at least, it's simply a stupid sounding name.

Yeah... I agree, but G6 may be even more stupid sounding. "I'm gonna get mee a G6 V6, ya see?" :blink: What a retarded name... Love the car, hate the name.

I didn't think G6 was that bad of a name until I saw the first pics of the car on the lot. A pic of the trunk lid had "G6" on one side and "V6" on the other. Looked so dorky. Hopefully that name doesn't last very long.

Actually, if I remember correctly...isn't it High Heritage Roof? It sounds much better than Heritage High Roof, and I think I've seen it referred to as that before.

I picked Uplander, but I'd think rather Torrent or Terraza as well. All dumb names, all lousy vehicles (okay, Torrent is not lousy, just absolutely unnecessary in its form). Edited by Mule Bakersdozen LS

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0