5 C&Gers to hang out with

Satty

Something I said in another thread made me want to start this thread. A twist on an old game, pick 5 C&Gers you would like to hang out with for a few hours. Its like that "Name 5 people in history you would like to have dinner with" question, but you cannot answer Jesus because I haven't registered that screen name....yet.

Anyway, I said in another thread that 60% of my 5 would be gay, so here they are in no particular order:

Flybrian

sNOSage

BV

'blu

CD/BP

Seems like it would be a good, or at least interesting time. So who are yours? They dont have to be your 5 favorite posters, just a group of 5 that you think would be interesting to get together and chill with.

Another popularity contest... :P

Well XP715 & SpeedingPenguin do not count since

they were both already my friends BEFORE I ever

convinced them to join C&G. Besides the last

time I saw them was at the impromptu Dec. 18th

TIGHT WHIPS meeting in Nashua, NH.

I've also already met (in real life) 5 C&G members

who I had never met outside of our threads on the

C&G forum.

1. Balthazar (I think he axe murders Prius drivers in his garage) :P

2. GM1 (typical warm German hospitality)

3. Camino (crashed on his couch...)

4. Burhan, or as I call him Bur-Han-Solo (twice)

5. BatmanVW (twice)

6. O.B. (drove like 115 miles out of my way to meet this funny dude!)

That having been said here's a few others:

1. WMJ

2. Harley Earl

3. JamesB

4. FlyBrain (we may not always agree about cars but I too love aviation)

5. CapriceMan

6. Hudson

7. NOS

8. !!!TED!!

9. Moltar

10. YellowDart

11. F-Body-Father

12. LosAngeles

13. ZHawk

...and I can think of many more but I'm already

over double the 5 person limit

Edited by Sixty8panther

see... already I feel like a prick for leaving out KnightFan.

Sometimes it feels like I've already met him anyway, his

persoanl tour of his M.C. collection makes it feel that way.

Also: CadillacKing & Variance, Charger4u...

Based on recent postings (and not to say that they're the only ones or in any particular order):

Oldsmoboi

knightfan26917

91z4me

balthazar

Sixty8panther

230760[/snapback]

Holy crap I can't belive I made your list! :pbjtime:

But enough celebrating here is my list:

Hudson :thumbsup:

AH-HA :AH-HA_wink: Now that he is back.

evok

GuionM

CD/BP

I think it would be a great group to get together. Though I don't know if evok and GuionM would get along, they seem to have conflicting personalities.

I wanted to include The O.C. also but he just missed the cut, he would be my alternate.

Honorable mention goes to: thegriffon, Hogan's Heroes, 68panther, Croc.

Sorry if you are not on the list but that is just my top 10. It would rock to get EVERYONE from the board together!

In no particular order:

1. Ocnblu because he's a funny bastard.

2. Balthazar because he's tweeked like me but actually has the money and space (and infinitely more know-how!) to carry out his ideas, plus he's got a wealth of knowledge between what he knows himself and the millions of books and pieces of sales literature and other reference materials he has.

3. Knightfan because I still owe him a winter car! :lol:

4. Camino so I can see all his neat stuff in person and also beat it into him in person that he needs to keep them 'Hawks!

5. Wildmanjoe so we can roll in his mack daddy Grand Marquis.

And I second the whole one big get-together idea because you're ALL cool :thumbsup:

Five C&Gers to hang out with:

Ones I've met (and I'd visit with them again):

1. Rivieraranch - during my vacation in So. Florida

2. Razoredge - during my vacation to Montreal and upstate NY

Others I haven't met but definitely would:

3. Flybrian - he lives in Florida and I'm going again in mid-May

4. Bobo - went to U.C. Berkeley, so he's obviously very smart, plus he lives in California

5. Any of the N.Y. / Northeast Italians on the board (though Paolino probably would steer clear of me seeing how curt he's been with me, for whatever reason, over the last 6 months or so... :AH-HA_wink: love you, too, P :P )

And, of course, there are a host of others I would want to meet for all the "right" reasons (profession in common, geographics in common, ethnicity in common, interests in common). Realistically, there are no more than 3 or so I wouldn't want to meet, given less than optimal vibes that have gone back and forth.

Haha... Satty loves me!!! :P

To Chill:

NOS

CJ

Chris

Drew

Satty

Honorable mention goes to Ocn, Fly, Croc, XP, Bobo, Nick, Sixty8, Turbo, OC, Z, Camino, Cort, Northy, WMJ, Emp, Bimmer, Variance, Ven, YJ, Evok, and every other member except the bad ones. Now, if my intentions were similar to a dating site, the list would quite a bit different. I can already think of a few that would automatically be on it. :D

Edited by blackviper8891

hmm...

BV

Chris

Fly

Sixty8 (maybe i can get my lazy ass in gear and finally show you my grandpas old Datsun... :lol:)

Knightfan... itd be fun to talk Monte Carlo with you... plus id love to see your collection in person

if i wanted to meet someone to specifically talk cars tho... itd probably be Balthazar or HarleyEarl

i also support the idea of one big get together kind of deal... thatd be lots of fun

The first four are easy for me:

1. Satty

2. Northstar

3. Nick

4. Flybrian

The fifth? Hard decision

5. Sciguy

Honorable mentions: BV, empowah, NOS, reg, all the mods

ETA: Honorable mention to YellowJacket

Edited by Croc

5. Trinicriabob: Because I still never found him that Grand Lemans. :AH-HA_wink:

230902[/snapback]

Thanks, guy! Remember: 260 V8, rally II wheels and crushed velour 60-40 or buckets/console set-up. :lol:

How can I forget, since we're in a Minnesota state of mind, I could meet WMJ and Regfootball at the same time, bitching about "archi-torture" with the latter of the two.

Guest YellowJacket894

Honorable mention goes to Ocn, Fly, Croc, XP, Bobo, Sixty8, Turbo, OC, Z, Camino, Cort, WMJ, Emp, Bimmer, Variance, Ven, YJ, Evok, and every other member except the  bad ones.

Well, at least I got mentioned somewhere by someone. :D

Damn near everyone!  8)

:withstupid:

:withstupid::D

By the way, I'm diggin' the new sig, Satty. :lol:

ETA: Honorable mention to YellowJacket

Cool. :D8)

Edited by YellowJacket894

And I second the whole one big get-together idea because you're ALL cool  :thumbsup:

Thirded or fourthed or whatever number we're on now.

Get-togethers are why I post my road trips ... and, in some cases, why I GO on the road trips ... to meet people. If you've seen the pictures I posted of the 2004, 2005, and especially, the 2006 road trips ... you'll see and know this.

So, I can't name just 5 C&Gers ... there'd be no way I could do that.

*pauses*

Those of you who've mentioned me as one of your five or honorable mention or "also category" ... thank you. I've a case of the "blahs" ... going on a few weeks now ... for many different reasons, and your comments and mentions made me smile ... thank you :).

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Something is wrong here, I don't belong here" ... Uncle Cracker ... 'In A Little While'

Here is my list of 5 and it is not in any order:

Croc

Satty*

Balthazar

Camino

Razor

When it comes down to it - we are car buffs - and I just think it would be fun to remove the chatroom veil and hit a major autoshow with these guys. It would be fun to have the real time feedback and not wait for the written translation.

*Note: Multiple personalites included.

Here is my list of 5 and it is not in any order:

Croc

Satty*

Balthazar

Camino

Razor

When it comes down to it - we are car buffs - and I just think it would be fun to remove the chatroom veil and hit a major autoshow with these guys. It would be fun to have the real time feedback and not wait for the written translation.

*Note: Multiple personalites included.

That would be one hell of a conversation! :AH-HA_wink:

Oh man, there are so many people I'd hang out with from here. I couldn't even make a list of 5. But surely I'd like to meet every one of you, and I've already met a few..

Speaking of, is anybody going to NAIAS this year?

Edited by NOS2006

I couldn't name only 5.

I would like to talk with all of you in person!

Thinking about it me and Nos live near the most dangerous areas in Michigan.

Detroit and Flint.

I see how it is guys, been here over a year, longer if you count my stint in the Olds forum a couple years back :(

My bad... you absolutey make MY list. :)

I think the "All-GM Nationals" show at the Carlisle Fairgrounds (Carlisle, PA) would be a good place for a lot of us in the Northeast to meet (show should be in June). Actually, if there's enough interest, maybe I'll arrange for those of us that want to show off our GM vehicles there to have a club representation in the fun field (I'm looking now for places to show off the SKY in 2007 :P ) And for those not bringing their GM cars but will be attending the show, you can stop by to meet and greet with your fellow C&Gers. Anyone intersted?

Great idea GMTG. :globe:

when in june is it? i have a small window of time between college and my summer job from june 6th to june 17th and that sounds like alot of fun

Usually the last weekend in June - this past year it was 6/23-6/25. If I wasn't in Cortland trying to land a '69 Corvette I'd have been there.

I'm seriously going to try to make it to the All GM Nationals this year, and Corvettes at Carlisle in August, since this year I'm going to do little weekend getaways here and there as opposed to a week-long vacation.

oh if its a weekend then i might be able to get out there on the saturday for a little while

is Carlisle easy to get to and/or close to the Stroudsburg/Bartonsville area?

I think the "All-GM Nationals" show at the Carlisle Fairgrounds (Carlisle, PA) would be a good place for a lot of us in the Northeast to meet (show should be in June). Actually, if there's enough interest, maybe I'll arrange for those of us that want to show off our GM vehicles there to have a club representation in the fun field (I'm looking now for places to show off the SKY in 2007 :P ) And for those not bringing their GM cars but will be attending the show, you can stop by to meet and greet with your fellow C&Gers. Anyone intersted?

*nods*

I am ... just not sure if it will fit into my schedule for 2007. We'll see ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"But those days are gone" ... Anne Murray ... 'Time Don't Run Out On Me'

like I said last time...I never get any love in these bloody things.

Have not seen you arond much...